The Garb Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you sew your own garb?
  Yes! And I love it!
  No! Needles make me bleed!
  Of course! I hand sew it, with period materials.
  I'd go naked if they'd still let me fight!
View Results

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:29 pm
Dema
Kittywitch
Naito_Mitsukai
Kittywitch
And on an unrelated note-- I'm a major sicko.

I made my newbie friend a pair of anglo-saxon tunics in black linen, and one of them is completely covered in white runes. Twice around the hem and cuffs, and down each arm. The collar is bound in white. The runes read as the lyrics to the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny.

He doesn't read runes, and has no idea what it says. whee

Got a picture mayhaps? biggrin heart
Yes, I do. Finally.
User Image
This was taken yesterday at Birka, where I got some farbic to make their pants. Let me rephrase that. I got about four yards of very nice medium weight wool for fourteen dollars.

He still doesn't know what it says.

*giggles* do any Norskys every snicker at him at events?? Or do the Norskys you know just do it as a persona and not a lifestyle as well (the Norskys I know are Norse in and out of the SCA so they know how to read runes)
Yeah, most of them can read runes. Alot of them can read runes outloud and not sound like they're reading or anything. Crazy.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:57 am
I'll have to finally get a pic of the gown I made myself, out of my graduation present from my best friend, Moira. Six yards of sapphire blue cotton velvet, which I made into a 12th century gown with wide sleeves lined in black, with tapestry trim. It's a beautiful gown, but I made it really, really close fitting around my waist, so it's a royal pain to get in and out of. I call it the 'exercise gown'. xd  

Anghared Starwing

Generous Shapeshifter

6,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Regular 100

Nerienda

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:13 pm
I have some late-period German garb cut out, ready to put together... but Life has thrown me a curve ball, and what little free time I had is slipping away. And I need (which really means "want") new garb before the camping season gets underway... sad  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:11 pm
I wanna make my own T.T never have the time to....  

vampire_gurl88

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:36 pm
I just recieved my Hakama pants pattern in the mail the other day so hopefully my mom will be able to start on that soon. Now I just need to get material for the shirts. And maybe some heavier material for another pair of pants...who knows we'll see.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:06 pm
Yay, I just finished some new garb the other day! A bodice, a skirt, and a bog dress.... oh, and a chemise for my roomie. Once we get a pic of ourselves, I'll have to post it! We have to take a pic anyways, as the Jo-Ann fabric ladies have been begging for one to put up on their post next to the cutting counter for over a year.  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Nerienda

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:41 am
Garb update!

Granted, this is far earlier garb than I normally build for myself, but I have new garb on the way! biggrin My best friend is getting married next weekend, and it's a SCAdian wedding; all the attendants will be wearing 10th-11th-century-style tunics (the bride and groom will be in late-period garb). Normally I wear mid-to-late-16th c garb, so I'm not used to clothing that goes together so quickly. But I'm not complaining; linen and silk are wonderful stuff to work with, and when the wedding's over, I'll have a nifty new set of garb for the upcoming camping season...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:03 pm
Here's a pic from Northshield's Spring Coronation of me in my newly made bodice! (and new vertical labret piercing...).... yay!
User Image

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:58 am
LittleGreenGirl
Here's a pic from Northshield's Spring Coronation of me in my newly made bodice! (and new vertical labret piercing...).... yay!
User Image

You look beautiful!! 4laugh Love the peircing and the corset!! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:16 am
Naito_Mitsukai

You look beautiful!! 4laugh Love the peircing and the corset!! biggrin

awe, thanks! wink  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Nerienda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:27 am
The corset looks excellent on you! Well done!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:10 am
LittleGreenGirl
User Image
awe...so cute xd what period is that style from though? (where did you take that, it doesn't look anything like your neighborhood)  

geminimaeve

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:03 am
geminimaeve
awe...so cute xd what period is that style from though? (where did you take that, it doesn't look anything like your neighborhood)

Holy crap, I haven't seen you on here in forever!

Ummmm.... I think it's something like early to mid 16th century English, but I can't quite remember.

And yeah, we were in Rochester for coronation. It wasn't the same site as the first coronation, but in a church a couple miles away. Ziggy went out with a bang! (litterally... he and his attendants all moooed as they were walking away down the aisle, and a bunch of people around them shot off streamer poppers!)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:41 pm
My garb is too small and falling apart so we're in the prosses of making my dog and me some trippy pirate garb  

MorganOfCalafia

Zanzibar409

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:52 pm
i just made my first set of garb 2 or 3 years ago  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items