Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
How many of your friends use good grammar online? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nitroglycerin201

7,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:14 pm
I think one of my friends does...a couple of my friends I know are capable, but way too lazy.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:10 pm
Most of my friends are literate hoes. =P I haven't really counted as how many.  

Kitshera Aureana

Persephone Waker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:39 am
Unfortunately, not of my friends don't. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:52 am
Zero. I have no friends that can spell. I have 115 friends on my buddy list, and NO ONE can spell. Lol. They don't even know how to spell "Grammar." My friends at school know how to spell, not on gaia though.  

ch4nel

The Librarian Battlerager

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:21 am
Everyone I know online uses good grammar (at least when IMing me) mainly because they know how it frustrates me. Now acronyms are different than using 'txt tlk' versions of "to", "you" or "why", So "lol" and "afk" or "brb" are accepted.

Okay, not all acronyms. 'b.c.' in the place of "because" grates on my nerves.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:24 am
Lucky for me, most of my friends use good grammar and spell things right. Yet there are at least five people who I know are smart, but are either lazy, trying to be cool, or just don't want to use good grammar and spelling.  

Aerin-Sol9

d-a-r-k-s-h-y

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:15 pm
Actually most of my friends do. Of course I have friends who the speak instant messanger or who used excessive emotes.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:47 pm
It's a strange contrast for me- some of my smartest friends don't capitalize, use little punctuation etc. online. It never ceases to confound me!  

[ Felidae ]

Aged Elocutionist

ChibbiChlessla

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:36 pm
Most of my friends will speak in regular words on IM, with the exception of a few shortenings. (Firefox spell checker is your friend)

Myself, I am not very good at spelling. I try, and I attempt to be better at it, but I'm not perfect.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:31 pm
It depends on the age group you look at among my friends. The older ones tend to be more literate, while the younger ones use a lot of txt tlk and chatspeak.  

Kaizoku-sensei

BloodiedAssassin

Dangerous Raider

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:28 pm
Let me think...ME.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:23 pm
Very few.

For a long time I never used punctuation or corrent grammar online, but a close friend of mine always did. I felt kind of, well, illiterate when I spoke to him, so I started making more of an effort. Simple things like capital letters and commas where they're meant to be. I still can't spell for s**t though, but that's what Google's "Did you mean:" is for ^_^

Now it really bugs me when I talk to my friends and most of them are like "wuzzup wot u up 2" and "brb i got 2 gt sum fud im so hungri". It's so unneeded.

Raine Eoviny

Fatal Hilarity

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:14 am
All of them.
Thinking about it now, all my good friends write as a hobby. So they have a good grasp of language (well, one of them isn't that good in English but she's getting better).  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:30 am
Not one except my friedn Stvev wh will only do so randomly when he attempts to upper-hand me in literary battles.  

Pink Rain Today

xAvenirYuinax

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:39 pm
One or two. All my friends have the capability, just not the drive which irks me a little.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff