Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Alternative Lifestyles Guild

Back to Guilds

A safe place for anyone who identifies with the LGBTQ(IP) community and their allies. 

Tags: lesbian, gays, queer, transgender, LGBT 

Reply 06. "Life Issues" - Advice & Counseling
Help? Sexualities (and more) defined Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OceanVenti

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:40 pm
Wow. I think that the Gender queer fits me best. I term myself as a guy without a p***s, but I do indentify as a girl as well... It's confusing.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:45 pm
I'm both mentally, so I am neither gay or straight as the girl and guy are kinda... it's confusing.  

Sukiaida

Zealous Blue

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:04 pm
This is really random.

But do asexual people masturbate? o_O;

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:01 pm
Sukiaida
I'm both mentally, so I am neither gay or straight as the girl and guy are kinda... it's confusing.

hmm that sweet  

Kristinas

2yMoonLover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:12 pm
SnowflakeGirl
Artemis-X

Trisexual - attraction in men, women and a third party [oneself, animals, or vegetables]

NOOOOOOOO!!!NOT THE ANIMALS...OR THE VEGIES!ok..how do you have sex with a vegie? rolleyes what id the vegie is a cactus??? xd

i don't know... but ask my friends xp  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:32 am
Artemis-X

Transgender - when gender identity doesn’t match assigned gender; an umbrella term used to describe drag-kings, drag-queens, cross-dressers, etc.

Cross-dresser - dresses as the opposite gender and may identify as transgender, possibly for sexual gratification

Transvestite - dresses like the opposite gender, possibly for emotional gratification

Artemis-X, I read your post, however, on 3 specific areas that concerned me most are Transgender, Cross-Dressers and Transvestites. It concerns me because I know a great deal about Transexuals. I also know what Cross- Dressers actually are aswell as Transvestites.

In study for a double major in Psychology/Sociology-during graduates school, I was assistant instructure to the Professor. I studied gender.

What you said about Transexuals, which included Cross-Dressers in your statement is incorrect.

Transexuals are individuals whom identify with the opposite gender than the one they are physically born. In most or some cases, transexual individuals may develope the condition of dysphoria (emotional or mental discomfort) which has conflictions which lead to emotion problems and sometimes suicide, but the suicide rate is close to the same eprcentage of non transexual individuals. Transexuals who desire to fulfill what they feel they are meant to be, have various types of alterations done medically. The physical alteration of the human body is refered sex reassignment therapy which includes hormones and sex reassignment surgery. The process is called transition, which takes years.

Transexuals individuals become transexual because during the first trimester in embryo development, the brain is developed differently from the developing body. The brain structure that is developing within the Stria Terminalis is different from the devloping body. The brain functions as the opposite gender than the physical gender they were born.

Transgender DOESN'T include transvestites nor Cross-Dressers.

Cross-Dressers (Cross Dressing) IS a fetish and it's not associated with transexuals and shouldn't be put into the equation.

Transvestite is a person and especially a male who adopts the dress and often the behavior typical of the opposite sex especially for purposes of emotional or sexual gratification.

Cross Dressers and Transvestites are transvestic fetish, "fetishes" and have nothing to do with transxuals and don't fall into the same category.
Transvestic fetish which also falls into this category of "fetish":

(Is cross dressing)

Most drag queens perform for fulfillment as a hobby, a profession, or an art form; as a way to be in the spotlight; or as a road to local or wider fame. There are a significant number of heterosexual men, who are generally actors, who perform in drag. There are also transgender or transsexual people, as well as straight women, who perform as drag queens.

Drag queens are sometimes called transvestites, though that term has generally different connotations than "drag queen". "Drag queen" usually connotes cross-dressing for the purpose of entertainment or performance and is not usually used to describe those who cross-dress for the fulfillment of transvestic fetishes alone, or whose cross-dressing is primarily a part of a private sexual activity or identity.

BODYBUILDER-

BODYBUILDER

Princess._.Ai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:15 am
ReizvolI
HAHA I want to be an AutoSexual, I love me XD

O.o rei?!!!!!!!!

anyways

@bodybuilder: WOW you know a lot!! thats so cool, I'd love to study some of this stuff. As now seeing more terms then two-spirit, trans, bi, hetro and homo-sexual I'm like O.o WOAH

@Artemis: seems kinda like you don't know what your explaining so how did you get teh definations???  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:24 pm
Princess._.Ai

anyways

@bodybuilder: WOW you know a lot!! thats so cool, I'd love to study some of this stuff. As now seeing more terms then two-spirit, trans, bi, hetro and homo-sexual I'm like O.o WOAH

@Artemis: seems kinda like you don't know what your explaining so how did you get teh definations???

Thank you Princess._.Ai, yes one of my degrees is a Master degree in Psychology/Sociology (double majored) I studied Gender and Human Sexuality and when I was in graduate school, I was a Assistant Professor and would give lectures and conduct other course of studies in the Psychology department aswell as the Science departments.

Feel free to Gaia mail me anytime, I do enjoy conducting intellectual conversations.

Did someone say food? Where? Mmm FOOD!!!

BODYBUILDER-

BODYBUILDER

Nebbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:51 pm
Actually, Bodybuilder, trans*gender* does include cross-dressing and transvestites. Transexual is more of the term for people with gender disphoria who do end up transitioning.
Transgender is an umbrella term for a lot of different things. Although I do not view myself as male, I do feel that I could be considered transgendered because I am a drag king. Transgender has varying degrees of gender disphoria, if you will. A mild case would be the fetish/drag side of it, whereas the more extreme case would be transexual with the intention of transitioning. I'm not saying that gender bending is gender disphoria, I'm just implying that gender is a continuum, and anyone who doesn't fit the male/female dichotomy could be considered "trans."
At least this is the way that I understand it.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:11 am
Nebbie
Actually, Bodybuilder, trans*gender* does include cross-dressing and transvestites. Transexual is more of the term for people with gender disphoria who do end up transitioning.
Transgender is an umbrella term for a lot of different things. Although I do not view myself as male, I do feel that I could be considered transgendered because I am a drag king. Transgender has varying degrees of gender disphoria, if you will. A mild case would be the fetish/drag side of it, whereas the more extreme case would be transexual with the intention of transitioning. I'm not saying that gender bending is gender disphoria, I'm just implying that gender is a continuum, and anyone who doesn't fit the male/female dichotomy could be considered "trans."
At least this is the way that I understand it.

Nebbie congratulations on getting that from the online encycopedia. As I have stated before NO i doesn't include it. The other 2 terms are fetishes and have nothing to do with Transexuals.

Also, Transexuals would beg to differ with that also because it would be extremely offenssive to say those fetishes are apart of it, but it's not.

Nice try though.

BODYBUILDER-

BODYBUILDER

Nebbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:33 pm
Sorry bodybuilder, but I was actually told this by more than one transgendered person. And you seem to be confusing the terms transgendered and transexual, which are actually not the same term. Transexual is a type of transgender.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:34 pm
Nebbie
Sorry bodybuilder, but I was actually told this by more than one transgendered person. And you seem to be confusing the terms transgendered and transexual, which are actually not the same term. Transexual is a type of transgender.

Nebbie, you can go on and believe that if you want to, but I actually studied this. By the way, "transgendered" is considered by most and some transexuals to be insulting, because they are not to be placed in the category that contains transvesitites which is a fetish a transvestic fetish. Fetishes have nothing to do with transexuals and should NOT be classed with them in the same category.

Nice try though, again and good day. As if I have the time to keep responding to such antics, no, I don't

However, if you wish to go more in depth with this conversation then feel free to contact me via messenger and I'd be more than happy to make your ears fall off LOL

Good day!

BODYBUILDER-

BODYBUILDER

Dizy_lizy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:00 pm
For th argument above I would like to state that I do find it somewhat offensive to be placed in with a fetish and on the otehr hand what nebie said about teh fetish being a shade of transsexuality makes sence...

not related to teh above. Wtf is a two-spirit??? It seems like it could be so many different things....

also I like cheese.

Have a good day....  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:17 pm
Two-spirit is a name for third gender native american people. They used to be known as berdache, which is seen as somewhat derogatory today.  

Nebbie

Kristinas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:59 pm
thou shall not argue.

this is my thing. studing double majors school does not show much. one thing to study you have to read from a book which prolly is some one interperation of it. the only true study is from the people there self which is why cassi would know the truth  
06. "Life Issues" - Advice & Counseling

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff