Reply The Official Australian Guild
You know your from Sydney when.. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ManagerKyoto

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:01 am
You know your from sydney when you are not suprised to see an article about the worst roads in sydney on the front page of the sundee teley  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:08 am
EmWah
You know you're from Melbourne when you drive like you want to kill people.

hehe that could be any densely populated area though! i drinve like that roud here... Sydney would be worse...  

Gorokan TuGorah

ManagerKyoto

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:44 am
You know your from Sydney when you bump into an old school friend on the bus home and she/he gets a call from the friend you spent some time with only two/three days ago.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:21 pm
You know you're from Canberra when...

*You start chatting to someone online & think how great it is that you've found a guy in Canberra you haven't met yet... & then you discover you have met him before... he's your cousin's Little Athletics Coach...

*Said Little Athletics Coach then turns out to be best friends with a dear friend of your ex.

*You refuse to drive anywhere further than 15minutes drive unless you have the whole day free, because it's going to be *such* a big trip! 20 minutes there and 20 minutes back! Massive!

*You tell people that when you go to the mall you know you will run into at least 5 seperate people (or groups) that you know... even if you went to the mall alone.

*You go to the mall & do run into at least 5 seperate people (or groups) that you know.

*The above happens regularly.

*You go to the mall & have only run into 3 people you know so far & you get worried about where everyone is today.

*You know who "Pepsi" is.

*You meet a guy at TAFE & figure he seems familiar, but you can't figure out where from. He then gets picked up from TAFE by one of your oldest friends. You later find out (from your friends mother) that you knew the guy when you were kids.

More later I guess...

JewelsSparkle

JewelsSparkle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:26 pm
ManagerKyoto
You know your from Sydney when you bump into an old school friend on the bus home and she/he gets a call from the friend you spent some time with only two/three days ago.

xd That happens ALL the time in Canberra... except that the phone call is never from someone you saw 2 or 3 days ago... it's from someone you'd seen very recently... usually the person who you were with right before the bus ride!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:09 am
JewelsSparkle
ManagerKyoto

xd That happens ALL the time in Canberra... except that the phone call is never from someone you saw 2 or 3 days ago... it's from someone you'd seen very recently... usually the person who you were with right before the bus ride!
What is funnier though is I will be seeing both forementioned people on Sunday at the same time.  

ManagerKyoto

JewelsSparkle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:50 pm
ManagerKyoto
JewelsSparkle
ManagerKyoto

What is funnier though is I will be seeing both forementioned people on Sunday at the same time.

Lol! See, I never thought stuff like that would happen in big placs like Sydney or Melbourne (where I am now), I thought it was exclusive to places like Canberra, where everyone knows everyone else!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:58 am
JewelsSparkle
ManagerKyoto
JewelsSparkle
ManagerKyoto

Lol! See, I never thought stuff like that would happen in big placs like Sydney or Melbourne (where I am now), I thought it was exclusive to places like Canberra, where everyone knows everyone else!
It only happens on rare occasions though.  

ManagerKyoto

JewelsSparkle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:16 pm
ManagerKyoto
JewelsSparkle
ManagerKyoto
JewelsSparkle
ManagerKyoto

It only happens on rare occasions though.

Ah.. ok... it's pretty much a guarrantee that it'll happen in Canberra... lol  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:23 am
You know your from Sydney when you plan to do something and do not prepare for the weather.  

ManagerKyoto

JewelsSparkle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:30 pm
ManagerKyoto
You know your from Sydney when you plan to do something and do not prepare for the weather.

You know you're from Canberra (or Melbourne!) & you plan do do something & you prepare for ALL weather (eg: "so I'll wear a long sleeved shirt, with a singlet under it just in case, take a jacket... hmm... better bring the umbrella too...") xd  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:26 am
You know your from Sydney when you can bump it someone that works/ed for your employer but at another store/restaurant.  

ManagerKyoto

passionberry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:21 am
You know your from Sydney when you try and get to the city and realise itll take you 45 mins from any where....  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:29 am
You know your from Sydney when in the space of a 2 minute walk you can dine at 6 or 7 restaurants with similar menus.  

ManagerKyoto

Conrawr dot exe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:14 pm
Most of these apply to Melbournes CBD too... xd  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items