Welcome to Gaia! ::

Art Freebie Land! Artists of All Skill Levels!

Back to Guilds

We allow all artists to improve their skills by drawing users in a friendly atmosphere 

Tags: Arts, Freebies, Art Freebies, Contests, Artists 

Reply Freebie Land: Artist Listings! (Welcome!)
[IDEAS? SUGGESTIONS? POST HERE!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pheregames
Vice Captain

Desirable Streaker

14,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:25 pm
Question: Where do Art Contests go? I mean, it was in-guild. Art Request right?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:36 pm
They go in the GD for now. All contests + games  

NuL-2
Vice Captain

zawtty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:41 pm
Why don't you make a sub forum for art tutorials?It would nice for other people who want to improve on thier art skills.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:10 pm
I was thinking of that. It might be a while before I actually get it up though.  

NuL-2
Vice Captain

Raspukittin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:16 am
I would like to suggest a game of sorts, if you can call it that. Say, one person starts with a random comic page, and the next one draws the second page and so on. There would be no discussing of what should happen in the comic, as that should be entirely up to the one drawing the next page. Naturally, there'd be no limit to the amount of pages one can draw, just not two in a row.

Uh...

Yeah, I came up with that on the spot. xD I suck.

Call it Feulleton Tag. :3 *bricked*

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

All Games go in GD, I think you could make it in there 3nodding
If you can guess how many cookies I have behind my back, I'll give you both of them! <3

Pheregames
Vice Captain

Desirable Streaker

14,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150

Othello V

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:28 pm
I noticed that there's a lot of donated gold in the guiild account that probably won't be used.

So why not offer members a subforum of their own for a price?

They could trade you the gold that you decide on, and then you would make them a crew member, and they can make their own sub-forum.

I, for one, would be interested if this ever happened.

Because when I went to the art minishop subforum, I noticed that there was a lot less traffic there, and there is almost too much in the main forum. (I think it's extremely crowded)

By selling sub-forum space, you can make a profit, and it would also give the buyer a personlizable space that will be seen by all members. Top notch!

Yep, that's my idea/suggestion. What do you think?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:12 pm
That's actually a pretty good idea.
The only problem is the crew membering.
I don't want anyone on our team that isn't helping out with the guild, because even just a simple crew member has a lot of authority and I wouldn't be comfortable with that.

If it weren't for that obstacle, I would say yes.  

NuL-2
Vice Captain

Othello V

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:35 pm
Yeah, that's what I figured too.
Dang it...

If only there were some way around that.
Maybe you have to have approval of the entire guild staff?
Lots of satisfied customers?
Threat of account being deleted if they abuse their power?

Also I thought this...
Why would someone who would abuse their power go through all the trouble of spending the gold, and whatever other requirements there are?

I don't know.
It would be cool if it worked though...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Isn't there a limit to the number of Sub-Fourms? Or would we have a subfourm- that links to Sub-Sub-fourms that would link to people? sweatdrop And I think there might be something against this in the TOS.
But Crew can't make new Sub-Fourms, they have to be done by Owners/Co-Owners only so they would be able to do a lot more damage.

If you can guess how many cookies I have behind my back, I'll give you both of them! <3

Pheregames
Vice Captain

Desirable Streaker

14,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150

NuL-2
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:22 pm
Phere is right, there's no way it can be done.
Sorry, that's a nice idea - just not very possible.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:38 pm
ConsumeFire
Phere is right, there's no way it can be done.
Sorry, that's a nice idea - just not very possible.

Check out the Reality guild.
That's where I got the idea from.  

Othello V

raytray

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:50 pm
The navigation links would do better in the "guild home" Page instead of the sticky. Partly because when you enter the guild you get straight to the guild home and not to the sticky.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:38 am
It didn't seem to fit in well on the first page, so I'm just going to leave it where it is for now.  

NuL-2
Vice Captain

Roy Soraxis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:25 am
Why not make a exclusive art guild comic? (Meaning using members from the guild as characters for comics IF they agree to be used) I mean artists enough xd

Or make it like that lets say 10 artists would enter as a sort of team (no matter what style they use) and that first one person makes a part of a comic, then when its finished and uploaded that the 2nd one in line goes (or the one thats selected to be 2nd) and that he or she continues where the 1st left, making it a comic that involves different styles and twists so that it would be an unique comic.  
Freebie Land: Artist Listings! (Welcome!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games