Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
I hate "t3h" and "teh" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zero J0ker

Elocutionist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:13 pm
SereneDivinity
I used "teh" or "t3h" occassionally. However when I'm typing in a forum such as this one I don't think its necessary. However, I don't see so much of a problem with it. The problem I have with people is not returning the same respect through actually typing their worlds fully and typing them correctly. "wut up" annoys me as does "how r u" and that kind of crap.
I'm sure you all feel the same?

I agree. Also another highly annoying thing is the usage of "lol". I mean, I suppose it's fine once in a while, thrown into a very casual conversation amongst friends, but when "lol" on its own becomes a reply, it irks me. Especially when it occurs repeatedly, and/or the person saying it is the person who orginally started the conversation. (It's the reason I dislike Gaia so much sometimes, heh.)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:01 pm
Don't flame me for this, but I'm actually okay with "teh". I use it myself too...for fun, of course.  

Elanchana

the regular gatsby

Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:50 am
that drives me slightly insane, it does.
honestly, why must there be a NUMBER in the word three?
gah, it upsets me!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:09 pm
The Jesus Bot
I hate that. It's the same ammount of letters, why can't they just spell stuff right? scream

Because people love to maul the engligh language.  

Lissiwen

gth666

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:44 am
Once I saw someone who said "i is hateer of t3h friench". Now I have no doubt that that person is a "hateer"(hater) of the French because he did not use a word of propper English(that is mostly French)...Oh sorry yes he did he used "of" and "I"(without capital).  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:14 am
I only use t3h if i'm really bored talking to one of my friends. And i like to use stuff like "XD" or "lol" But i don't use it all the time. I try not to over do that stuff though, i do see how it's comming out as more of a fad, but it doesn't bother me all that much.

I just HATE it when people say things like, "omg, lyk, yeh, & sff dawg" it's annoying. When people say "lyk" i think that has to be one of the worst things a person can type. Well, Next to "luv" and "4" for.. well, for.

*cries*  

SiCKittie

Holy Hydroxide

Fashionable Genius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:26 pm
I agree. This has been driving me nuts for far too long.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:13 am
Yami no Hitokiri
Most of the time, it's a typo (I hope). I've seen it done on purpose since I joined this site. One of the users used to have a signature with "I am teh sex bunneh" in it. I cringed whenever I saw it.

Uhhhh... *Hides Name* T______T  

Raito-kun`

Ninfinity

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:42 am
Typists who use misspellings that become mainstream should get taxed some how. pwn, ow, 1337, pain!, t3h, ouch, j00, it hurts, lawl, it burns!

the agony of it all!

pwn, i punch people who say it while I'm around.

certain "gansta" words in Ebonics, my grammatically acute mom says it best "they sound like mentally handicapped kids."

1337, is for the want to be (wannabe), hackers who don't know binary or hexadecimal, so they made their own (t3h, j00, roxzor).

teh, is an easy typo that has been around for hundreds of years (you can find them, you just have to look in the right place).

meh, i use that as a grunt when I am unsure on something "you wanna go out for dinner?" "meh, I don't know." In speech I have caught myself saying "dunno."

lawl, what in unholy hell is that? the Latin phonetic equivalent to LOL, why the hell would somebody even do that?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:31 pm
To my language, 'teh' is tea. I say 'teh' just for tea.  

Fintastic

Pink Rain Today

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:10 am
I put "teh" when I'm describing something really cool, and I don't want to make you twitch, but it's part of the leet language. Sorry.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:10 pm
I type "teh" all the time, but only because my fingers can't always keep up with my mind. I guess it's not one of the worst, but it is annoying when people put the "3" in place of the "e".

"Meh" is something I use in conversation occasionally like Nazgrol said. It's like that "Eh, I don't really care" sound.  

Angel80272

Gachetemas

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:20 pm
I realized something about the time "teh" appeared on the Amistad movie questions. (It was something like, "What were teh conditions like on the ship?")

My A.P. U.S. History teacher types his own movie questions. When I try to type "teh," Word autocorrects it to "the." Lutj would have had to go out of his way to change it to "teh." This doesn't make sense. There are a few explanations, but maybe I should ask him to find out.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:51 pm
I hate it too. My brother uses it just to make me angry...I DESPISE IT!!!  

Kairi_12

Galadedrid Damodred

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:53 pm
agny-pantsu
lol i have wondered the same

You are dead. *gets out Katana of Literacy +1*  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers