Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
Swords, Daggers ,and other sharp and pointies Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Like sharp and pointies?
  Yes of cours you cant be in the sca if you dont
  no i must be banished from the sca T_T
  is that a trick question?
  *steals rum and runs*
View Results

Nerienda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:57 pm
Wrong? Not at all; just probably better done outside, so as to minimize the splatter onto the feast gear... wink

Being one of the late-period personas, the only swords I carry/use are the rapiers I have for fencing combat; the only daggers/knives in my active kit are the set of three throwing knives I (attempt to) use for thrown weapons...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:48 pm
Rial k**e
User Image

-Steals weapons but leavs that dagger that everyon including myself has-  

MorganOfCalafia

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:38 pm
ResidentOfDarkness
Rial k**e
User Image

I have the double katana in the wood sheath that has the dragon engraved on it. Is yours difficult to open??  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:21 pm
ResidentOfDarkness
Rial k**e
User Image

Hey it was a gift from my nehbor's daughter when she found out that I was in the SCA.

And I will kill you if you steal my blades.  

Felix OFlyn

Felix OFlyn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:24 pm
Dema
ResidentOfDarkness
Rial k**e
User Image

I have the double katana in the wood sheath that has the dragon engraved on it. Is yours difficult to open??

For one it's not a katanna. It's nodoshi (sp) and for two... I bout mine about a month before the double set came out so there is only one, and no its not.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:26 pm
The Abortionater
Is it wrong to cut apples with a great axe?

Never. Well if its ontop of the head of some one you like it might be a problem... but that's about the only time it would be problematic.  

Felix OFlyn

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:51 pm
I think any time you can use your blades and
A) not ruin them, or harm them in any way
and
B) not hurt or harm other people with them in any way
is acceptible!! 3nodding Heck, I use my blade all the time - and everyone knows it!

I love it - last event, accross the room 'MEEEEDDDDBBBBBB!!!! MEDB, CAN WE BORROW YOUR BLADE?'
'Huh?'
~in the mean time about fifteen other people start to take out their blades to hand to the maiden in distress~
'OOOOH, my dagger, sure' ~gets up and hands it to her before anyone else gets as far as digging theirs out~ rofl
~as my friend remains oblivious to the amount of people who'd been willing to lend their blade~ rofl

It's just sort of known that I
1) use my blade for everything pirate
2) take good care of it heart
3) always have it on hand at events pirate
4) am willin to lend it to anyone (provided they take care of it stare )
5) have the sharpest plade around! cool Seriously! I have adults going 'ooooh, ahhhhh' over how sharp I keep it! twisted

... speaking of which ninja .... *goes to sharpen it again* (I forgot to for last event! eek )  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:25 am
I eat spegetie with mine.  

Felix OFlyn

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:10 pm
Rial k**e

with a dagger? eek Iiiinnteresting ... how? rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:54 am
Anyway... this is something I claimed as "my dowry"... well, most of it. There's another board about this size.
Apparently my great-grandfather was a sort of graverobber... but they were all graves in asia and africa, so no one really minds. (AKA No, Dr. Jones, you're not an archologist.)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

LoneDuke

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:08 pm
I have a few katanas which I have built from scraps. Nice to have some shop tools.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:53 pm
crying I only have one!!

Or sorry, Medb has one knife!! stare

My father is known as the King of knives at work - because he keeps collecting knives! One of which, is as close to a switchblade you can get while still remaining legal! stare (Super fast opening, and you only need a bit of pressure from your thumb and a bit of a flick!) stare stare

And no one will get me one! crying (~doesn't have a job~) whee

Appearntly 'Medb' is the favourite child! That's right, a person I made up, that is part of me, is the favourite child! So they bought her a knife! stare

They don't trust me with a knife yet! eek How the heck does that work? eek  

Naito_Mitsukai

Czarevich

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:16 pm
Kittywitch
Anyway... this is something I claimed as "my dowry"... well, most of it. There's another board about this size.
Apparently my great-grandfather was a sort of graverobber... but they were all graves in asia and africa, so no one really minds. (AKA No, Dr. Jones, you're not an archologist.)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

eek Dear God! Those are excellent! That is a wonderful display of exotic weaponry. I especially love the Khukuri there. I have a military Khukuri, which is pretty cool, but nothing like that.  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:30 pm
Naito_Mitsukai
Rial k**e

with a dagger? eek Iiiinnteresting ... how? rofl

I ate soup with a shortsword once... I forgot my feast gear. It was horrible. The lesson here is....Don't forget your feast gear.  

Your Night Surgeon

Autumn Guard Lady

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:58 am
heart knife heart  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items