Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Can someone explain to me what a "Mallgoth" is?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold.
  Yay.
View Results

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:21 pm
Looking at Gil Askan's list, something struck hard inside of me:
KoRn.
I realize it's not Goth at all, but I enjoy their music very much simply because I think they're cool... Whether or not that's a "mallcore" term that applies to me... meh. neutral
and I lol at the term "gloom cookie" xd  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:49 pm
Dead_Ed
KoRn.
I realize it's not Goth at all, but I enjoy their music very much simply because I think they're cool... Whether or not that's a "mallcore" term that applies to me... meh. neutral

There's a comic-book called Gloomcookie...

Anyway, as I said before, "having one or many of these traits does not essentially make you a mallgoth".  

GilAskan
Crew

Keshi_Hikaru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:06 pm
stare i cant afford to be a "mallgoth" blaugh and in my oppinion i like dressing more goth at the mall just because its easier, than finding a matching outfit. sweatdrop .and less people bother you.and its funny to watch people act like your a disease.but thats just where i live.oh but i dont just go around the mall doing nothing nor do i even admit that i gothic so that covers that (its a random note sweatdrop of reassurance to my self )  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:04 pm
Quillvore_Doomfiend
Has anyone ever said "hey" to these "angst boys" walking around the mall?
Maybe he just enjoys the mall.

Theres no time to say anything to him. He never looks at people and screams lyrics to his music when people get close to him.  

Lady Detarra

trampyre

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:06 pm
Lady Detarra
Quillvore_Doomfiend
Has anyone ever said "hey" to these "angst boys" walking around the mall?
Maybe he just enjoys the mall.

Theres no time to say anything to him. He never looks at people and screams lyrics to his music when people get close to him.

Wow. That is bad. He belongs in a mosh pit, not a mall. I wonder if he has any friends with whom to attend concerts?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:11 pm
GilAskan
Dead_Ed
KoRn.

Anyway, as I said before, "having one or many of these traits does not essentially make you a mallgoth".

With all this talk of gloom cookies, someone should create a recipe and call it that. XD I just keep having this image in my head of a cookie with some sort of sad face on it.  

BabyEaterLad

trampyre

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:44 pm
BabyEaterLad
GilAskan
Dead_Ed
KoRn.

With all this talk of gloom cookies, someone should create a recipe and call it that. XD I just keep having this image in my head of a cookie with some sort of sad face on it.

I was just thinking that myself!

I loooove baking. I think gloom cookies could be gingerbread people, except with severed limbs...or zombies... mmm this has got me hungry! domokun  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:35 pm
So I know this guy that has only one pair of jeans, and the rest of his pants are strappy. I actually called them straightpants before I knew they were called bondage pants. My question is, What is the Tripp part? Is it a brand? If so, that implies there are others. In the same way that people refer to their sneakers by the brand name, because there are many different brands.  

Sassy Ace Ari

Fashionable Genius

2,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:52 pm
Senchou Ari Mizuko
So I know this guy that has only one pair of jeans, and the rest of his pants are strappy. I actually called them straightpants before I knew they were called bondage pants. My question is, What is the Tripp part? Is it a brand? If so, that implies there are others. In the same way that people refer to their sneakers by the brand name, because there are many different brands.

"Tripp" is short for "Tripp NYC", a clothing brand. Historically, Hot Topic has carried many of their products. They're known for their alternative twists on various items, and are particularly known for the amount of metal they use in their designs (chains, zippers, d-rings, etc.). They've become most famous for their wildly designed bondage-pants, but also make skirts, arm-warmers, jackets, and coats.

On a side note, Tripp has recieved some various controversy.

Tripp's products are known for their inconsistent quality; some of their pants will last 2 or 3 years, others will only last 2 or 3 washings.

Tripp has also been criticized by many members of alternative cultures (punk, goth, etc.), these people disliking Tripp for mass-producing commodities of the alternative for mainstream consumption.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:25 pm
Mallgoth applies to a person that basically worship the mall as a hangout, and shop at Hot Topic constantly...And they say that real goths are posers... stare  

Vegacom2

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:00 pm
trampyre
BabyEaterLad
GilAskan
Dead_Ed
KoRn.

I loooove baking. I think gloom cookies could be gingerbread people, except with severed limbs...or zombies... mmm this has got me hungry! domokun

That's really not a bad idea...
maybe some red food coloring here and there...  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:03 pm
Dead_Ed
trampyre
BabyEaterLad
GilAskan
Dead_Ed
KoRn.

That's really not a bad idea...
maybe some red food coloring here and there...

I myself imaged a gloomcookie to be a round, black sugar-cookie with light-purple frosting on top.

Oh, and here's the cover to the comic:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

GilAskan
Crew

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:43 am
GilAskan
MortSanglant
SarahArden

There's nothing wrong with Hot Topic--they're the only store that provides some of the cool stuff.

It's more the fact that these children wear only Hot Topic gear. And not just that, but tons of it.

It's overkill.

Also, they only wear it because it's Hot Topic. If other stores sold the Tripp bondage pants, the mallgoths wouldn't wear them. Mallgoths wear Hot Topic clothes not essentially because they like them, but because it's what's sold at Hot Topic.

Very true.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:43 am
eek WoW! xd I actually learned something today.Thank you people. heart

I think i'm actually going to try to make a gloom cookie. biggrin  

The_Elemental

Lady Detarra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:26 pm
For those who have been following the journey of Angst Boy heres an update razz so his make-up has gotten SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much worse. Hes added black lipstick to the mess. Now i love black lipstick but not everyone should/can wear it. He is one of those people. And I found out today (from my manager) Angst Boy has been at the mall I work at since the day it opened….which was 4 YEARS AGO!!!!!!! He really must want to get into the Angst Lair.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff