Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
American Theme Song. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sailor moon =
  Love.
  Joy.
  Goody goodness.
View Results

Polexeny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:37 am
Gainsborough-Aerith
I still listen to the North American cds just as much as the Japanese ones. XD

same here  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:12 pm
chibihotachan
Sailor Moon seems as if it is just a different show from the NA version to the original. Because of that, I like both, but it is like waching two different series. Bringing Stars here, on adult swim or otherwise would be a mistake. It would ne similar to the backlash people had for anime in general when Princess Mononoke hit theatres and moms brought they're five year olds to see, despite how much Disney trked to avoid that, even rating it pg13 and releasing it under Miramax.

I like both (or all three) theme songs quite a bit. I think they are really appropriate for the audiance they are trying to attract. Also if you sing the NA themepeople just look at you strangely, but at least they can understand you.

Bringing Stars here in any form would just hurt Sailor Moon and anime in general.

I totally agree. The NA version and the original are completely different (duh) and both are fun to watch. Adding on to what you said, most people here are more familiar with the kiddie dubbed Sailor Moon, and because of this, they can't take the show seriously...Stars is one of the more serious(ish) seasons, with definitely some mature themes that the intended American audience would probably not appreciate, but if it was aired on AS, people would still view it as a kids show. Stars has gender benders, lesbians, and violence that would be impossible for DiC or Cloverway to cover up, but the show is still Sailor Moon, which is intended for kids. The basic plot doesn't compare (maturity-wise) to say, Wolf's Rain or Cowboy Bebop, or any of the other anime that AS aired that were intended for older audiences. And the Sailor Moon phenomenon is sort of over now, anyway...I think that Stars would probably be rejected by both the DiC/Cloverway audience and the AS audience. That sucks though...If Stars were ever dubbed, it would at least be easier to get ahold of the episodes on DVD! Sorry if what I just wrote doesn't really make sense...I have a lot to say, but I'm not really good at saying it! xd xd xd  

Avia-Terpsichore

Shoujo_Tohru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:21 am
i like the german and italian them songs better. ^-^ my friend likes them too.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:33 am
Shoujo_Tohru
i like the german and italian them songs better. ^-^ my friend likes them too.
LIKES... I love them!  

mintycho

bullterrierlove

Shirtless Spotter

10,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:20 pm
I love the english version, its addicting.  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff