Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 1: Marketplace Hangout
Ravenn's Gold Making Class (It's open!!!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Want to learn new money making tips?
  Sure, a little help can go a long way.
  I already make a lot of money sooo..... no thanks.
  I'm just here for the poll gold.
  Behold! I like cookies and there goes one!
View Results

xXkymmXx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:37 pm
I don't know if this will help anyone or not, but what I do is I randomly search the mp for anything cheap,and when I find something, I already have another IE window open in the mp, and i'll search for the lowest buy price in a different window so I don't lose my spot  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:11 pm
Also, for the more expensive things like donation items, the price can differ by a few thousand gold at different times of the day.

Ex:

On July 24th, 2006; 10:23am

Ninja Headband: MP Lowest Buy Now price: 210,000

----

On July 24th, 2006; 10:23pm

Ninja Headband: MP Lowest Buy Now price: 201,000

Then the next morning it could be back up to 210,000 or more. In fact, it was. I was tracking the price of that thing by hours for my friend who wanted one. I have it all archived on my computer, from June 24th - June 30th.
Morning, afternoon, and night.  

That Artemis

Devoted Heckler

RavennShadowheart

10,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:17 pm
Thanks for the recent comments xXkymmXx and -[The Spoof]-. the second window idea never occurred to me. it sounds like a good idea. thanks xXkymmXx, i learned something new. and you're absolutely right -[The Spoof]-. An expensive item can vary prices as easily as one glance today and an hour later. like i said, it would take some luck at getting at item at it's lowest price but if you do, it would be worth it. thanks again everyone.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:13 pm
This was really super helpful, i'm glad i got the tip to check it out  

PattyCakes_1986

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:26 pm
haha you found it biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:31 pm
bump  

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

RavennShadowheart

10,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:48 pm
hello everyone. i'm back again!Sorry if i haven't posted here for awhile cause i've been busy with exams lately. but now that i'm back, i'll try to get some new stuff here again.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:32 pm
Wow, new stuff? that's awesome. This is a really good help as it is. I can't wait to see what else you have. blaugh  

Arufuredu

-USMC-DevilDog

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:23 pm
thnx for all this  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:28 am
Here is a simple formula for profit if you have enough gold and are on long enough.

1. Buy out all the people selling below a price point.

2. List thier now your items at the price point.

3. Continue to buy out the people who undersell you.

b. Note item must be popular enough that you can sell at similar speeds to buying out undersellers.  

AuronT

RavennShadowheart

10,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:26 pm
yay. more people are reading my thread. ok, the only new things i've done for now is that i've added more of people's tips in the avi tip area. i'm gonna update it more but other wise, i'm still trying to do as much. also, if you have any questions about this thread and its tips, feel free to post it here or pm me. thanks again for your feedback.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:44 pm
Wow no obejctions to my inflationistic outlook  

AuronT

caitybear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:41 pm
thanks for posting all of that smile
it really helps
btw i like your drawing its really cute smile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:13 am
well the inflation thing you talked about didn't say a high point just a point let's use space monster mask as example right now it can go for 1k-1.25k so if you bought all of them under 1k-1.25k it's not realy inflating it just stabilizing it from people who are selling too low. it could actually help just depends on how you use such things. there's what i call the average low point and the underselling low point. underselling deflates the price and can make it worth much less. while inflation is mean but if you use inflation techniques you can help stabilize the market to the average low price and possible up it just a bit so as to aviod a huge inflation and allow undersellers to be going above the original low point that they used to go under. . . .

if this makes sense you're welcome if not the disregard it sweatdrop  

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:18 am
Very helpful! Thanks!
I was doing this a little with the donation items I got. (yes I donate) But now all my money earning time won't be just a couple of times a month. Thanks!

Incidntly, donateing 2.50 to gaia is the best way to gain gold quickly. I keep the items I want and sell the rest.

Another pretty safe bet is the games. Tickets go for 2.5 G if you find the right buyer. Black Jack (Cards) is the best. As long as you know what you are doing, you are guaranteed to at least break even on your tickets to tokens and then you can turn around and sell them and make a mint. I usually play 1000 tokens at a time so depending on who buys, I can get as much as 3500. I usually end up with 3200 or 3300. DO NOT SELL TICKETS FOR LESS THAN 2G PER TICKET!!!
Aside from donating and selling the items, this is my main money making tactic.  
1: Marketplace Hangout

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff