Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:00 pm
Isobel Bellamy
he called goth and emo "cults", a cult is something you get brainwashed into, not one goth that I know has ever been forced into being goth. Now, if you don't find that she called a subculture you are (apparently) involved in a cult offencive, that's your opinion, but I for one find it disgusting that it is allowable in the media to spead yet more lies that aren't researched properly.

Actually, cults never brainwash you to get you to join. You join a cult voluntarily; any brainwashing that happens comes later. Also, most cults are harmless and do not involve any brainwashing or other negative policies. The image you reference for cults is nothing more than a stereotype.

Ironic, eh?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:08 pm
Wynter Sparrow
The girl in the picture is a character from an English soap called Coronation Street, she isn't a goth in real life. Her character had a storyline where her and her boyfriend become goths. They never cut themselves or anything like that. All they really did was piss off their parents.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

They are not goths anymore.

alex1239553

the girl in the photo is an actress in coronation street ( a british soap ) who acts like a goth

*proudly waves the St. George cross flag* English too here (man are we in a minority within a minority) 3nodding

Ahh, I don't watch Corrie, I heard about that story line too, kinda pissed me off when I heard they went "normal" again *le sigh*  

Isobel Bellamy

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:13 pm
zz1000zz
Isobel Bellamy
he called goth and emo "cults", a cult is something you get brainwashed into, not one goth that I know has ever been forced into being goth. Now, if you don't find that she called a subculture you are (apparently) involved in a cult offencive, that's your opinion, but I for one find it disgusting that it is allowable in the media to spead yet more lies that aren't researched properly.

Actually, cults never brainwash you to get you to join. You join a cult voluntarily; any brainwashing that happens comes later. Also, most cults are harmless and do not involve any brainwashing or other negative policies. The image you reference for cults is nothing more than a stereotype.

Ironic, eh?

Yup. Also, to add to this, a cult is any religion in which its members receive justification through ceremony. In other words, a religion where you get into heaven (or some such equivalent) by taking part in a certain ceremony or ritual.

Catholicism, for example, is definitionally a cult: to get into heaven, you must preform the seven sacrements. Islam is also a cult: daily prayers towards Mecca and a once-a-lifetime trip to Mecca to go to heaven.

Cults are neither good or bad. It's just that the word cult itself has gained negative connotation.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:15 pm
Sorry, but I just couldn't finish reading it.
1) I have homework...
2) You know how many times a day I get this "black=goth=deppressed/cutter s**t? You know how many damn articles I read about it and stereotyping and anti goth/emo/punk/random subculture? It's really *BEEPED* up....
3) They're freakin ignorant and I don't want to hear what they have to say.
There only good for the weather, stocks, and random Hollywood stories that i don't care about.

Okay, I need a deffinition of "emo" bands. It seems like EVERY BAND goes through an emo period were they are called emo by certain people. here's who i've heard been called emo...(some)

green day
my chemical romance
the used
taking back sunday
hawthorne hights
DUDE?!? how do you compare my chemical romance's song "to the end" to taking back sunday's "make damn shure" together and say both of them are emo?????and MCR isn't emo!!!! niether is green day! the closest green day gets to emo is bolouvard of broken dreams "where the city sleeps and i'm the only one and i walk alone"

i'll finish reading it later.... stare stupid media....I'll have A LOT more to say when i've finished the article....*gives article weiter the middle finger*  

Henneth Annun
Captain

JustAnotherTeenMinority

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:09 pm
I posted a comment on it, I spent like 10 minutes doing it, what a ******** idiot ( Parents Beware of EMO CULT ) wtf. I hope it posts, look for a comment by "Just another teen minority".  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:58 am
I am not clicking that link. I know all about the BNP, I rate them right up there with the KKK, and my computer is NOT going to be infected with any of their s**t.

These are the same people who want the 'pakis' deported and spout tripe like "wogs begin at Calais" (meaning that everyone who isn't British is a filthy mud race -- their lingo, not mine). I've had the misfortune to meet some of these ********. They sometimes have little swastikas scrawled on the backs of their hands... for which I'm actually sort of grateful, because it makes them easier to pick out and stay the hell away from.

If you think their crap about goths is bad, you should see what they say about the Hindus. It makes me want to vomit.  

Veruniel
Crew

trampyre

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:08 am
wow. That article was informative, in a sad sad way. confused  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:50 pm
sad but very funny xd  

Dark_Judje

dormant lime

Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:09 pm
If you want something to REALLY make you all laugh your asses off, go ahead and read this (i laughed so hard milk came out of my nose):
]http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=125  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:37 am
HAAAAAAAAAAAA oh man

I'm on VF and we got a bunch of bad press there because of that guy that was a member and went to school and shot up a bunch of kids. Every paper was like woo, he's part of a gothic website, they must have compelled him to do this.

It was really lame and there was so much traffic on the site I couldn't log in for the longest time x.x

Some people are so stupid.  

Swann

5,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Swann

5,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:48 am
Lost_In_My_Nightmare
If you want something to REALLY make you all laugh your asses off, go ahead and read this (i laughed so hard milk came out of my nose):
]http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=125
Quote:
If Your Child is a Gothic, Reform Through the Lord!

I got that far and laughed to hard I couldn't focus... some people are so stupid.

okay lol I read the hole thing, wow that guy needs help  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:21 am
Hmm, my parents read the Daily Mail; although it's a pretty working class paper aimed at the townie population.
Quote:
Emo conversation (sighing, wailing, poetry).

Although that just made my day rofl  

Perestroyka

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:08 am
LAWLZ

I read about this in Kerrang xD

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]