Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
OGG Publisher's Office: Now handling requests and complaints Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this belong in the Outer Rim?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:45 pm
Nos, Stellar, I gotta say, that that ship looks much better than the Imp shuttle they seem to be using now.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:02 am
pics of that anywhere?

and also, what do you think would make a better base gun for the E-11's evolutionary descendant? the H&K MP5 or the Beretta M12S?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
the MP5 i bring up because it's also mostly a tube (or pair of tubes), but is currently in service as the UK's primary submachine gun (perviously, the Sterling L2 was used by the British, which is what the E-11 is based from).

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
the M12 mostly because it's totally kick-a** and retains the conventional blowback design (so there isn't a complicated gas-piston chamber on top to screw with an explanation of the blaster version).

both have extendable stocks (collapsable in the case of the MP5, folding in the case of the M12), and the MP5 prototype, which i prefer over the other MP5 variants for a gun base, has vents around the barrel and rims extending horizontally across them, which evokes the E-11 imo. however, the M12 looks pretty kick-a** and looks to me like it's slightly more believable as a blaster, it has that old-time star wars feel. but then, this is legacy. i leave the decision up to you guys.  

Nospai Deathous

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:04 am
The first one definetely looks more stormie-ish. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:11 am
They have a derivative for the e-11.

Now heres for that: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/ARC-9965_blaster

Now heres the new Imperial shuttle: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_shuttle_(Legacy_era)  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:58 am
that shuttle does look bizzarre, and maybe it's just me, but that blaster looks kinda... dull. and not all that progressive.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:48 pm
Nospai Deathous
that shuttle does look bizzarre, and maybe it's just me, but that blaster looks kinda... dull. and not all that progressive.

Blame the Empire.

If you want to create a standardized Carbine or Longblaster, go ahead.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:22 pm
Elleden Kenet's recent post in the OGG has me concerned.
He seems to have just spawned a Battleship soley for the purpose of blowing Stellar out of the water, using the loop hole that the Mandalore Goverment (I loathe to call them Mandalorians) had them but just havent deployed them until now.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:27 pm
I'm wondering if I should do something about this or let it slide because he does own MandalMotors.

Anyone have a thought or opinion on this?  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:28 pm
Um... I'm laughing at the stats. 100 Class-9 Proton Torpedo launchers, double shields, and a collection of laser cannons for point defense. There aren't any turbolasers.

I think the Stalwarth-class scared him. lol Anyway, I guess I'll just have to get the Garos IV Sector fleet to loan me a couple Nemisis-class ships. With point defense and a mountain of Turbolasers they'll be able to really screw with these Canderous-class warships... Not to mention that my Stalwarths carry both turbolasers and torpedoes.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:29 pm
I'm also keeping my eye on you stellar.
I know you generally like to play fair, but just because your my friend, that doesnt mean I wont drop the hammer on you if I think youre crossing a line.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:34 pm
It is your Guide, Cale. If you wated to, you could shut it down and force people to go through your reviewing process.

Isn't that what this thread is for anyway? If you want to post fanon, you do it with the approval of the editor? I'm kinda getting sick with the surge of fanon stuff anyway. I want to read about something that happened, not the covert arguement over who's got the better battlefleet.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:38 pm
Nelowulf
It is your Guide, Cale. If you wated to, you could shut it down and force people to go through your reviewing process.

Isn't that what this thread is for anyway? If you want to post fanon, you do it with the approval of the editor?

By god! you're right!
I'll let Kenet get away with it this time because he needs a decent ship, but from now on entries go through here before posting.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:40 pm
Nelowulf
I'm kinda getting sick with the surge of fanon stuff anyway. I want to read about something that happened, not the covert arguement over who's got the better battlefleet.

Yeah, but theres only so much we know. We're basically playing fast and loose with the new galaxy.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:41 pm
Yeah well... I'll try to keep it fair by creating designs that the other side can use as counters. The community people are asking for some GFFA ship designs. Anyway, I've been looking at the stats and my Stalwarth still out performs his new ship.

80 Class-12 Torpedo launchers -against- 100 Class-9 Torpedo Launchers
48000 Damage compared to a the 45000 Damage from his tubes

16 Class-9 Laser Cannons -against- 14 Class-9 Laser Cannons + 50 Dual Phase Class-7 Lasers (Thats right Lasers!)
2880 Damage against a delivered damage of 9520 Damage

60 Dual Phase Class-7 Turbolasers -against- Nothing!
21000 Damage to zero.

Totals:
Stalwarth: 71880 Damage per Salvo
Canderous: 54520 Damage per Salvo

It'd be more competitive if those dual phase laser cannons were actual Turbolasers. rolleyes  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:47 pm
make sure to post new ship designs here first for approval.  
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff