Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: On No, They Didn't!! :: Things You Don't Like About Shojo Beat :.
the 1 thing i hate about SB Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you like SH?
  heck ya!
  like totaly girl friend! o.--
  no is not an answer, i love it sooooo musch i want to mary it
View Results

Miraiya

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:58 pm
I hate it when they take out good stories and put in bad ones.
I really wish they didn't take out God Child!
Swich God Child and Baby and Me then I'll be fine.
I'm kinda glad that they took Kaze Hikaru out though...hm...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:56 pm
Seriously. Baby & me should die. It's childish, and the art is anything but imoressive. (i.e. it's too plain, it sucks.)

The only good series in the magazine at the moment are Nana, Vampire Knight and AB.  

Profusion of Pink

[-Jewels-]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:25 pm
Nana, Absolute Boyfriend and Crimson Hero are my favs.

I forgot who didn't like God Child, but it won't be in this months SB.
I'm not sure if it was gone last month but just wanted to let you know.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:03 am
Tsuki_Neko_1
baby & me should get taken out, I don't like it. stare

I agree. But I also think that they shouldn't remove comics.... Magazines in japan are wicked thick and huge. they have at least ten different comics in 'em. AND they come out every week.... shojo beat and shonen jump should try to do that more... they already made the change to color pages like Japan's.  

Teurastaa

PrinceElly
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:20 pm
[.Pinkyful.Elephant.]
Seriously. Baby & me should die. It's childish, and the art is anything but imoressive. (i.e. it's too plain, it sucks.)

Is there something wrong with being "childish"?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:44 pm
Personally, I don't like the color pages. I'd rather have black and white than have everything pink or blue.  

panda21

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200

Teurastaa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:17 pm
panda21
Personally, I don't like the color pages. I'd rather have black and white than have everything pink or blue.

I agree. but i think it's cheaper somehow. or something. i dunno. maybe they'll keep afdding in serieses if it IS cheaper?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:32 pm
I'd think color ink would be more expensive..  

Skizzors

panda21

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:10 pm
Red_Vixen
panda21

I agree. but i think it's cheaper somehow. or something. i dunno. maybe they'll keep afdding in serieses if it IS cheaper?
I hope so. Then we could have Godchild and Vampire Knight xd  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:24 pm
Isn't the point of the magazine to introduce us to new manga? Personally, I don't mind when they take out manga to replace them with newer a series. If you like the manga taking out than shouldn't you buy the actual book? Sorry if I seem rude, but that's just my opinion. I love SB but one story I could do without is Baby and Me..... I don't even read it. sweatdrop  

Kuname

animexgames

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:24 am
[.Hatsuharu_san.]
kel aka gandy
Kiminoke
the reason they took God Child out was because it caught up with the manga, there isn't anymore written yet! meep.

that's what I was told.

Godchild is fully complete dear, it's all out in Japan. You can find spoilers just about anywhere.
This is just speculation, but I believe that the only reason that they took it out of the magazine was that it was not a well liked as they had hoped it would be. This is of course also speculation, but I'm guessing that by the people who actually fill out the forms in the back of the magazine every month, Godchild and Kaze Hikaru were rated lowest of the manga regularly in the magazine, and Viz felt that it wasn't worth it to them to keep them running regularly in the magazine.
you got that right

i think SB should come out evry 2 weeks..... i know alot of peeps cant aford it but it would keep me alittel more happy because thay could actualy finish a manga stressed  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:18 pm
Red_Vixen
Tsuki_Neko_1
baby & me should get taken out, I don't like it. stare

I agree. But I also think that they shouldn't remove comics.... Magazines in japan are wicked thick and huge. they have at least ten different comics in 'em. AND they come out every week.... shojo beat and shonen jump should try to do that more... they already made the change to color pages like Japan's.

Shojo magazines don't come out every week in Japan--they come out every month like SB. They also sell WAY more manga magazines in Japan than here, so I don't think the magazine will get really big until they sell as many as they do in Japan.  

hana211

PrinceElly
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:09 pm
Kuname
Isn't the point of the magazine to introduce us to new manga? Personally, I don't mind when they take out manga to replace them with newer a series. If you like the manga taking out than shouldn't you buy the actual book? Sorry if I seem rude, but that's just my opinion. I love SB but one story I could do without is Baby and Me..... I don't even read it. sweatdrop

For me, the magazine was meant to replace having to buy the books. It was the "value option" for me, since you save a lot of money on the books if you get the magazine.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:19 pm
I like alot of shojo beat, baby and me, crimson hero, and that new one about the music and the faries could be taken out. I nana and the other stuff. kaze hikaru is my favorite cuz its kinda like that muromochi era stuff I like. meru peri or whatever its called and fullmoon could've stayed. godchild freaks me out cuz its gory and bloody.  

~Takaiashi Fallen Angel~

Kuname

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:08 pm
~Takaiashi Fallen Angel~
I like alot of shojo beat, baby and me, crimson hero, and that new one about the music and the faries could be taken out. I nana and the other stuff. kaze hikaru is my favorite cuz its kinda like that muromochi era stuff I like. meru peri or whatever its called and fullmoon could've stayed. godchild freaks me out cuz its gory and bloody.

Hahaha I love CR and I also liked Godchild. But each to their own I suppose. Right. I also liked Kaze Hikaru.  
.: On No, They Didn't!! :: Things You Don't Like About Shojo Beat :.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games