Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Corsets Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alliecat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:43 am
*Sigh* there are many many poorly made corsets out there that pass or are priced as real ones.

I had mine custome made by a woman who has been wearing and making them since she was in highschool- cost less than my boyfriends who had his custom made at Dark Garden corsettery and had steel bonning.

If its shifting, its not a real corset. If its not tight, or doesn't feel tight, its not a real corset.

Real corsets are supposed to be laced tight, force you to stand up straight (as high as they go in the back) and prevent you from sitting comfortably.

And yes, they are supposed to be tight laced. I find nothing wrong with having a tiny waist.

PVC corsets are fine, if you like the look, but tehy tend to wrinkle. I do not like the wrinkle efect and I find it hard to match shiney with my other clothes.

If the boning is sticking into you, then you either have it placed too high or too low. It can also just be poorly made, again.

but really, I think, the problem is it isn't tight laced enough. The lady who laced me up in her ready made before determining what size I was laced it tight, but it was still comfortable. (also, just the way she makes them is really good). You could also have the wrong size. Mine's a 'corect' size, but I can go smaller, it just depends on what reactions I want from people >.>--<.<;; and you don't have to have boobs for a corset. I don't have boobs, but my waist takes all the attention away from that biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:17 pm
Dead_Ed
MortSanglant

Example

Gross.

eek There is no way in hell that that woman is able to breathe.

she must have had some ribs removed for that!
or the piccy isnt real....

personaly i love corsets
they make me look thiner and make my boobs look cool!
my mum made one for me and it rocks!
aloth i dont wear it that often anymore  

Gloomymort

Alliecat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:57 pm
A girl can get that small.

It just takes a lot of training.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:37 am
Something that might help is that after your done wearing your corset, press it between a couple heavy books to flatten out those annoying buckles in the boning. Next time you put it on, it with feel just like new.  

VividGreenDawn

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:01 pm
I think things like corsets and bustiers are really cool. I don't have one right now, but it's definitely something I've considered trying on, and buying if I like it.

My Halloween costume had a top that looked like a corset, but it wasn't a corset at all. It was fake, but still looked cool, and it made me want a real one!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:33 pm
Quote:
This is my all time favorite corset along with my posture collar! Best part is i got everyone I work with to try it on hahaha. Corset at work

User Image

^^ I Like Yours ^_^
I Want to get one Like it
I LoveLOve LOve Corset/Bustiers<3
Love it on You <3

Xoh_Emily

N.Ghost

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:03 pm
My first corset was from Heavy Red, but their sizing confused me considerably and it's too large, even when tightened to the point where the fabric overlaps. I ended up buying one from a vender at a show I went to and was sized right then and there...Perfect fit. and much easier to lace on my own.
I'll probably end up taking some photos when I have someone to hold the camera for me...easier to take pictures when someone else is present. ^^;  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:27 pm
I got a corset for Christmas. It's so beautiful! It kinda scares me that it's an extra small but I can still breathe while wearing it. I love it, but sadly my mom has yet to let me wear it. She keeps saying it's not for every day wear, and every day since I got it she keeps saying it's "not appropriate" to wear. I don't if she thinks it's too formal or too "slutty," (it's not slutty at all) or if she just doesn't like it and she's just making excuses.

Here's a picture of it:
User Image

EDIT: After reading other posts, I've decided this might not be a "real" corset, but I love it anyway!  

Freedom Fire

[RikuxHarada]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:39 pm
"I just got three for christmas. I have a basic idea what to expect beacuse I've worn one before but it was a bit small."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:53 pm
[RikuxHarada]
"I just got three for christmas. I have a basic idea what to expect beacuse I've worn one before but it was a bit small."

I had never worn one before, so I didn't know what to expect, of if the one I got was the right size. It was though. Maybe even too big, but I think XS is the smallest size the company makes.  

Freedom Fire

XAngelFromYourNightmareX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:42 pm
I adore corsets all the way.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:48 pm
MortSanglant
This thread is for those of us who wear corsets - be it seriously or casually, in which case would refer to those with the boning and the form but without the waist training.

And I mean corsets, NOT bustiers. Many people erroneously consider them the same thing. Both serve form fitting purposes, but corsets are - for the most part - more serious.

Example of a bustier

I am by no means an expert on wearing corsets.

I do have one that I would classify as a costume corset. It has stays and boning, but putting it on is as simple as fastening hooks down the front.

Here's a visual:

User Image

Anyway, my main purpose for this thread was to discuss a problem I've had in wearing mine. It likes to shift. I don't know if it's due to it not being tight enough or my anatomy. I have off centre ribs that I feel might contribute to that shifting. This off centredness is felt and seen mainly in the back of my "hourglass", it's not visible from the front. And my corset likes to ride up on one side so it looks lopsided.

It's quite irksome as I don't want to have to fix it all the time. I was wondering if anyone who is more experienced in wearing corsets - though mine surely doesn't classify as an experienced corset - might know any tips or if I'm just cursed with a body not suited for it.

Aside from that, feel free to discuss feelings toward corsets, if you have any, experience in wearing them, etc...

I own two corsets and I have big hips so I have trouble with mine riding up on me...it's body shape...I'm sure there's probably a way to make it where your not having to constantly tug at it...but for now that's what I end up doing. It makes me sad because due to them riding up on me I hardly wear my corsets anymore.  

Gothic_Lipstick_Kisses

Gothic_Lipstick_Kisses

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:50 pm
[RikuxHarada]

Having it a bit small is probably better because it's going to accentuate your look better than one that fits you just right even if you aren't waist training. Getting one that's too big is useless.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:54 pm
Alliecat
*Sigh* there are many many poorly made corsets out there that pass or are priced as real ones.

I had mine custome made by a woman who has been wearing and making them since she was in highschool- cost less than my boyfriends who had his custom made at Dark Garden corsettery and had steel bonning.

If its shifting, its not a real corset. If its not tight, or doesn't feel tight, its not a real corset.

Real corsets are supposed to be laced tight, force you to stand up straight (as high as they go in the back) and prevent you from sitting comfortably.

And yes, they are supposed to be tight laced. I find nothing wrong with having a tiny waist.

PVC corsets are fine, if you like the look, but tehy tend to wrinkle. I do not like the wrinkle efect and I find it hard to match shiney with my other clothes.

If the boning is sticking into you, then you either have it placed too high or too low. It can also just be poorly made, again.

but really, I think, the problem is it isn't tight laced enough. The lady who laced me up in her ready made before determining what size I was laced it tight, but it was still comfortable. (also, just the way she makes them is really good). You could also have the wrong size. Mine's a 'corect' size, but I can go smaller, it just depends on what reactions I want from people >.>--<.<;; and you don't have to have boobs for a corset. I don't have boobs, but my waist takes all the attention away from that biggrin

I've tried finding places to get one custom made for myself but every place I've looked online costs like upwards of $200 to get one made and that doesn't include shipping. Have any advice? I live in new england area and you think I'd be able to find a shop or somebody that could make me one...but of course not.  

Gothic_Lipstick_Kisses

Kristoya

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:58 pm
I ADORE corsets, but unfortunately my mom thinks they're slutty and not appropriate for this day and age. So I have to settle for corset-esque tops that simply appear to be the real thing. They're tight and have boning, so they give a similar effect as real corsets, but I would much prefer a real one.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff