Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

celtic_faerie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:47 pm
UraniumMonk
celtic_faerie
darkrock64

a wiccan friend of mine told me tat not all satanists are bad.
i think tat wat she said is S**T

well, actually, it's not^^i'm not a satanist, nor a wiccan, but i have studied both in depth, and, at one point, practiced.

wicca is not the true form of the Old Religion. most of the rules and ways are based off of the origanal laws, but not all. like the law "an' harm ye none, do what ye will" in the Old Religion, there were human sacrifices. wicca was made up by a man, just like all the other religions, who apparently didn't do all of his homework.

satanism was made up as a rebellion to the christianity forced upon the people by a ruler who changed from a completely polytheistic way of life(as it had been for the past few centuries) to a monotheistic way of life. the people were forced to follow the teachings of the bible, which could only be read and interpreted by the upper class who had enough money to go to school to learn how to read. the people mixed the old ways with an inverted form of christianity, and made satanism. there is one law that i think i remember, but i may just be putting it into my own words: "if a man strike you, strike him down" this is an inversion to christ's words, "if a man strike you, turn the other cheek"

satanism is not wicca, but they do share many qualities. and not all satanists are bad. they are just like most everyone else, they just have a reason to be mean, if they must.

if i've made any mistakes, please, someone inform me through a pm so i can fix it.

Wikipedia has a pretty good article on Satanism, which I highly recommend reading as it is quite infomitive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism

Satanism is basically a metareligious philosophy that says you have to take charge of yourself, or somebody else will take charge of you.

no offense, Uranium, but wikipedia is a lot of bull. satranism was around long before this LaVey guy came along. he just unified it and gave it a name, much like wicca. again, his form of satanism isn't necessarily the original for, but then again, neither are most of the religions of the world today.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:52 pm
It's funny how you guys think you know all these secrets about Wicca and Satanism.

I entered this topic and I could smell the pretentious attitude seeping from the hard drive.

-Isel-

celtic_faerie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:29 pm
Isel
It's funny how you guys think you know all these secrets about Wicca and Satanism.

I entered this topic and I could smell the pretentious attitude seeping from the hard drive.

do i seem pretentious? i'm not trying to be, honestly. i'm just saying what i've learned through my research. i've always been interested indifferent cultures, and especially those related to the paranormal(when i started studying in 7th grade, i didn't know that witches couldn't actually fly or turn someon into a newt^^) but then i realized that there were many forms to anything, each claiming to be the truth. nobody truly knows the truth, because there are so many truths out there. i agree with socrates when he said "i know more than any man on earth because i know nothing" i'm sorry if i seemed like a know-it-all, but i'm only spouting off what i know. i'm sorry if i offended anyone.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:24 pm
celtic_faerie
Isel

do i seem pretentious? i'm not trying to be, honestly. i'm just saying what i've learned through my research. i've always been interested indifferent cultures, and especially those related to the paranormal(when i started studying in 7th grade, i didn't know that witches couldn't actually fly or turn someon into a newt^^) but then i realized that there were many forms to anything, each claiming to be the truth. nobody truly knows the truth, because there are so many truths out there. i agree with socrates when he said "i know more than any man on earth because i know nothing" i'm sorry if i seemed like a know-it-all, but i'm only spouting off what i know. i'm sorry if i offended anyone.

Um, not you. You've actually provided truth, that Satanism was around long before LaVeyan and that Wikipedia can *gasp* actually be wrong.

By the way, that Wikipedia bit was saturated with sarcasm.

-Isel-

XxBelovedxSoubixX

Hygienic Hunter

8,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:39 pm
[+Plank+]
The pentacle is not a smybol of satin it is a ******** smymbol of

Air water fire earth and spirit!

Get that.

I hate thoser ******** that make those gay a** movies about wiccans bieng evil and sacrificing s**t!

WTF!

I knew that. where did they come up with satin? I've never herd that befor.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff