Discussion: Over Priced Donation Items Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nakago_Chan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:25 pm
Rhea Unit 500
I am upset that sealed letter prices have risen so much XP You know someday they'll jus tskip all this preliminary stuff and just start selling them at 10-100K immediatley gonk

I usually donate to Gaia every month but this month I couldin't so I decided to go get some sealed letters in the exchange. My jaw dropped when I saw they went up in price! This is ridiculous! It's one thing for donation items to go up in price when they were released but not when they aren't even opened yet stare  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:40 pm
PhoenixEve
I was in the Exchange today selling some little things I didn't need. I noticed that alot of people were selling their OMG and wanting AFK. I took a look curious to see what they wanted. They were asking for an AFK plus 50K for an OMG. The amazing thing about this is that in EVIL, the OMG and AFk have the same starting value at 750K andthe OMG only has a 30K upper value advantage on the AFK. I know the price guides aren't always right, but trying to gouge 20K extra out of someone for an item released the same month seems like the kind of stuff that is ruining the Gaian Commerce.

Discuss.

well I agree very much. I mean they are BOTH like the same and it's just stupid. And god... just overall inflation inflation.... it's stupid rolleyes  

-.Mop.Made.Of.Radio.-

Celedrin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:43 pm
It is redicoulus, especially for people who cant donate. gonk Im glad I got my OMG as a gift. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:03 pm
the reason the OMG is a that much more expensive than the AFK is because there is a higher demand. people are willing to pay more for it, because there are so many n00bs who are like "OMGBLACKI'LLBEGOTH!"
same with the devil tail being so much more than the angelic sash
although, i think it is somewhat rediculous.
if you ask me, i think the donation letters on their own are too expensive. even the current sealed ones D:
i can't save up that much for a stupid letter
i miss when they were 3k x_x

FrozenFyre
Vice Captain

Shadowvein

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:54 pm
I must agree, this inflation is rather sickening. I don't even know where the crap it COMES from. I mean, there's a shitload of items to buy in the stores, there's just no way there can be THAT much money in circulation.

And I thought the economy here was good, but lo and behold, some greedy ******** had to go and mess it all up -.-  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:44 am
I remember when I could buy the Ninja Headband for a measely 2 to 10k.

I just sold mine for a Phoenix Circlet and 89k. eek *rolls in da monies*  

Crawlerette

Shadowvein

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:29 pm
Crawlerette
I remember when I could buy the Ninja Headband for a measely 2 to 10k.

I just sold mine for a Phoenix Circlet and 89k. eek *rolls in da monies*

that one really seems to have shot up overnight, too. I wanted a Kitsune mask, but now, I'm more or less screwed on that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:25 pm
It's demand. People want OMG's more, so they get sold at higher prices. Same with sealed letters. Everyone and their mom is collecting donation letters, so the prices go up. It's stupid, but it makes for good profit. X3  

AD900

Princess Nausicaa

Distinct Gaian

1,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:16 pm
wow! man if i just kept all my donation items...but i only keep what i know i use, so stuff like the kitsune mask is long gone in pursuit of art! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:54 am
Princess Nausicaa
wow! man if i just kept all my donation items...but i only keep what i know i use, so stuff like the kitsune mask is long gone in pursuit of art! 3nodding

I tend to keep it even if I rarely (if ever) use it. I mean, when am I ever going to use a Kiki Kitty?

I (usually) try for the item that more fits my style, but meh.  

Shadowvein

nrasjaa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:26 pm
yep its unfair, really for donation items you basically need gold to make gold. neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:23 am
well, that's just how the exchange works, i myself have never done anything of th sort, but there are many who do so... what about the time in which the kikis were 50k and the roros like 8k? don't tell me the kiki wasn't overpriced.

thank god the coco came in and reduced the kikis value(well, unfortunate to those who had their bets in the kikis sweatdrop )... but yeah, that's how everything works, but still if you ask me i prefer that than this overflux of donation items happening at the moment, i mean, what the ell is that!? 10 pages of Pnadys!? now, that's screwed up

MUSCARI

.Some.Other.Mercy.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:57 am
I was debating saving up for an older item-thinger. Donation item. XD. That's the word I was looking for, but to be honest, it's not worth the time and the frustration anymore. Seriously.

I'd barely use them. So now I just stick to store items that appeal to me. Sure, I have a few donation items, but they're just kind of there since I like to look at them. XD. I especially like my mink. XDDD. Shoosh.

I don't care for the current Sealed economy. I remember putting one up for 5k, thinking that that may have been too overpriced and that I may have to reduce it, and it sold in a flash.

So I checked the MP to see what other were selling for, and the lowest at the time was 6,750g. I was shocked. I always try to sell things cheaper in the MP, isn't that its purpose?

Plus, I totally agree about selling store items at a higher price for profit. It's ridiculous. I always make sure I sell my store items for less in the MP. Normally I range from 200-700g less. XD. And like, they're on 5k or less items. XD. Nothing too pricey, otherwise I'd take off more.

And the tokens issue is silly. I do check the MP for token though, and if someone is selling them for 1g a piece or less, I buy them, because at that point they're not trying to make a profit, they just want the tokens off their hands. <333

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:00 am
Something is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.

Thus, if some dumbass wants to be ******** over by some other dumbass *shrugs* nothing can be done.  

Cor Caroli

[ s t 4 r i ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:41 pm
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. stari says:
    i don't like the whole "add so and so amount for this" when the donation item came out in the same month but.. things like that happen

i mean look at the sash and devil tail sweatdrop

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Memorable Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff