Neji
  Shikamaru
  Sasuke
  I'm too lazy to put in all the options
View Results

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:51 pm
Shikalee
You're not getting it. First of all, you said you didn't like getting him. So you just contradicted yourself. Second, I don't like about it. So stop using it as an attack against me. I know people do, but I don't. I lie when I DON'T want to get him. And people would do it for a second choice. I always take tests 3 times. So no, it's not retarded. It's a variety. You can't be just ONE person, unless you're THEM.

It was mentioned in the character book that he likes them. Love was an exagirration on my part. He was facinated enough with weapons to choose them. He could have done anything he wanted. He picked weaponry over taijutsu. There is no such thing as an obvious answer for freedom. Neji is sick of being oppressed. He is a caged bird, but freedom isn't his exact goal, he wants more than that. Freedom is the theme of Naruto. YES. THE STORY THEME. Everyone craves freedom.

Guess what. So is everyone in America. YOU'RE NO DIFFERENT. >_> Next to lazy are OTHER potential answers that probably make more sense. THAT is what you are leaving out.

I don't like getting him, but that doesn't mean I'm bothered by it to an extent where I would go back and change my answers. I didn't insult you. I was referring to people to purposefully go back and change their answers because they didn't like the one they got, not people who do it just for the variety of saying 'I kinda like this' or 'I do like this'.

It doesn't matter how many people it can apply to, the extreme option for that answer on the quiz is obviously Neji.

YES I UNDERSTAND THAT, what is your point? 5 million people in American can be lazy, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to put it down as a choice. Quizzes don't ask if you're a) lazy, b) laid back, or c) slow, they stick to one question and you have to answer it that way. I'm not going to skip questions just because alot of other people answer it the same way.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:29 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee
You're not getting it. First of all, you said you didn't like getting him. So you just contradicted yourself. Second, I don't like about it. So stop using it as an attack against me. I know people do, but I don't. I lie when I DON'T want to get him. And people would do it for a second choice. I always take tests 3 times. So no, it's not retarded. It's a variety. You can't be just ONE person, unless you're THEM.

It was mentioned in the character book that he likes them. Love was an exagirration on my part. He was facinated enough with weapons to choose them. He could have done anything he wanted. He picked weaponry over taijutsu. There is no such thing as an obvious answer for freedom. Neji is sick of being oppressed. He is a caged bird, but freedom isn't his exact goal, he wants more than that. Freedom is the theme of Naruto. YES. THE STORY THEME. Everyone craves freedom.

Guess what. So is everyone in America. YOU'RE NO DIFFERENT. >_> Next to lazy are OTHER potential answers that probably make more sense. THAT is what you are leaving out.

I don't like getting him, but that doesn't mean I'm bothered by it to an extent where I would go back and change my answers. I didn't insult you. I was referring to people to purposefully go back and change their answers because they didn't like the one they got, not people who do it just for the variety of saying 'I kinda like this' or 'I do like this'.

It doesn't matter how many people it can apply to, the extreme option for that answer on the quiz is obviously Neji.

YES I UNDERSTAND THAT, what is your point? 5 million people in American can be lazy, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to put it down as a choice. Quizzes don't ask if you're a) lazy, b) laid back, or c) slow, they stick to one question and you have to answer it that way. I'm not going to skip questions just because alot of other people answer it the same way.
There is a difference between going back, getting a result, and pretending the first result never existed, rather than getting two results, and considering them both possible variables. You can't tell me you actually believe these quizzes are accurate.

But it wasn't. Because it is the theme of the novel. It applies to everyone.

My point is that you say you get him, but what you realize is that you're not really getting him. You're getting the quiz maker's poor interpretation of him. And somehow, you're satisfied with that. Quizzes GENERALLY are situations. They give a situation and ask what you would do. The Shikamaru answer is, "I'd sit on my LAZY a** because it is far too TROUBLESOME to deal with and I'd rather play SHOGI." Don't tell me that's not ridiculously obvious. You're obviously confused. You give poor examples to support your claims. Quizzes usually don't have 3 examples unless they are quick 3-answer quizzes, which almost always revolve around Team 7. Those are usually really shitty, and most people skip them.  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:36 pm
Shikalee
There is a difference between going back, getting a result, and pretending the first result never existed, rather than getting two results, and considering them both possible variables. You can't tell me you actually believe these quizzes are accurate.

Yes I know that. That's what I just said. The quizzes are as accurate as the creator makes them. So far, this is the best one I've been able to find.

Quote:

The person who made the quiz, NOT YOU AND YOUR INTERPRETATIONS, most likely put down Neji as the extreme for that answer. Why? Because he's big on the whole fate thing, that's why. It's a character quiz. The point is to single out the extremes in certain characters.

Quote:
My point is that you say you get him, but what you realize is that you're not really getting him. You're getting the quiz maker's poor interpretation of him. And somehow, you're satisfied with that. Quizzes GENERALLY are situations. They give a situation and ask what you would do. The Shikamaru answer is, "I'd sit on my LAZY a** because it is far too TROUBLESOME to deal with and I'd rather play SHOGI." Don't tell me that's not ridiculously obvious. You're obviously confused. You give poor examples to support your claims. Quizzes usually don't have 3 examples unless they are quick 3-answer quizzes, which almost always revolve around Team 7. Those are usually really shitty, and most people skip them.

Jesus Christ, lady, how many times do I have to tell you? I don't care about getting Shikamaru! I'd rather get someone else for a change, it'd give me a breather!

Besides, you can't say anyone's intepretation is poor, especially since you have your own extreme views and make a point of saying no one knows but Kishimoto. So who knows, maybe they're image of Shikamaru is right on. Maybe Kishimoto pictures him with a blonde wig on and fisking laughs every time he draws him in a panel. We don't know, so don't say anyone's interpretations are wrong unless the manga specifically says so.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:44 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee

Yes I know that. That's what I just said. The quizzes are as accurate as the creator makes them. So far, this is the best one I've been able to find.

Quote:

The person who made the quiz, NOT YOU AND YOUR INTERPRETATIONS, most likely put down Neji as the extreme for that answer. Why? Because he's big on the whole fate thing, that's why. It's a character quiz. The point is to single out the extremes in certain characters.

Quote:

Jesus Christ, lady, how many times do I have to tell you? I don't care about getting Shikamaru! I'd rather get someone else for a change, it'd give me a breather!

Besides, you can't say anyone's intepretation is poor, especially since you have your own extreme views and make a point of saying no one knows but Kishimoto. So who knows, maybe they're image of Shikamaru is right on. Maybe Kishimoto pictures him with a blonde wig on and fisking laughs every time he draws him in a panel. We don't know, so don't say anyone's interpretations are wrong unless the manga specifically says so.
You mean... that's stupid. The one on Naruto-Kun is WAY better than this shitty one. I took this one numerous times saying, "I'm going to get Hinata" and I get her. WAY too obvious. Sorry if I totally shot you down; I don't meant to be so rude, but this quiz is crappy. You need to be introduced to some good quizzes. I'll try to find some... later.

Fate is not freedom. Karma is actually a trap. Fate is a trap. Neji does not hate fate; he strongly believes in the concept. He just hates HIS own fate. It's like hating a certain verse in the bible if you're a Christain. And no, extremes make it far too easy to get them. That's ridiculous. It would maybe work on a small child. Otherwise, we're all smart enough to know who the answers go to, which affects what we select; WHETHER YOU THINK SO OR NOT. It's scientifically proven that further knowledge affects the decision.

Jesus Christ, lady. How many times have I digressed from that? I didn't say that at all. Stop assuming. This isn't about you wanting to get him; THIS IS ABOUT YOU PLAYING DUMB. What are you trying to PROVE? And what you're saying is EXACTLY what I used to say. And guess what. I'M OBSESSED WITH THE GUY.

Yes. You can say their interpretation is poor. There are FACTS and there is ASSUMING. FACTS are backed up by Kishimoto. THEORIES are back up by EVIDENCE from the story. ASSUMING has no sort or basis whatsoever. Theories are okay; SO LONG as no one says they are ABSOLUTELY true. Their image is wrong because it is contrary to fact. The manga doesn't say, "Shikamaru likes to play Shogi" but it is obvious he loves it.  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:51 pm
The one on Naruto-kun gives alot of people Shikamaru for the same reason this quiz does.

I realize fate and freedom are the same thing.

Those decisions you're talking about are in relation to questions like "Would you buy this boat?" without any further knowledge. I don't care who I get in these quizzes, so answering them a certain way is meaningless for me.

Good for you for being hung up on Shikamaru. I dislike his character, so yeah, I'm not.

You've said that alot. That no one knows for sure but Kishimoto. In fact, you said that in the stamping thread.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:56 pm
ok WHAT THE ******** IS GOING ON HERE xd  

churrlo

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:03 pm
Captain Verd
The one on Naruto-kun gives alot of people Shikamaru for the same reason this quiz does.

I realize fate and freedom are the same thing.

Those decisions you're talking about are in relation to questions like "Would you buy this boat?" without any further knowledge. I don't care who I get in these quizzes, so answering them a certain way is meaningless for me.

Good for you for being hung up on Shikamaru. I dislike his character, so yeah, I'm not.

You've said that alot. That no one knows for sure but Kishimoto. In fact, you said that in the stamping thread.
No, no, no. You're slow. The last option, out of 8 questions, does NOT automatically get you Shikamaru. That's a stupid idea. 12.5% of a quiz weighs very little. You get Shikamaru because you TRY to get him. You won't admit it because you're somehow ashamed. That's ridiculous. You sheild his character with alleged other characters. "No, no. I hate him. And love this guy." If you are like Shikamaru, and like Jiraiya, their personalities do not connect. Yet, you "like" Jiraiya. Therefore, either the quiz is innaccurate, or you're lying. I'd like to believe the former rather than the latter; don't you agree?

False.
Quote:
fate  /feɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[feyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, fat‧ed, fat‧ing.
–noun
1. something that unavoidably befalls a person; fortune; lot: It is always his fate to be left behind.
2. the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events; time: Fate decreed that they would never meet again.
3. that which is inevitably predetermined; destiny: Death is our ineluctable fate.
4. a prophetic declaration of what must be: The oracle pronounced their fate.
5. death, destruction, or ruin.
6. the Fates, Classical Mythology. the three goddesses of destiny, known to the Greeks as the Moerae and to the Romans as the Parcae.
–verb (used with object)
7. to predetermine, as by the decree of fate; destine (used in the passive): a person who was fated to be the savior of the country.
Quote:
free‧dom  /ˈfridəm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[free-duhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. the state of being free or at liberty rather than in confinement or under physical restraint: He won his freedom after a retrial.
2. exemption from external control, interference, regulation, etc.
3. the power to determine action without restraint.
4. political or national independence.
5. personal liberty, as opposed to bondage or slavery: a slave who bought his freedom.
6. exemption from the presence of anything specified (usually fol. by from): freedom from fear.
7. the absence of or release from ties, obligations, etc.
8. ease or facility of movement or action: to enjoy the freedom of living in the country.
9. frankness of manner or speech.
10. general exemption or immunity: freedom from taxation.
11. the absence of ceremony or reserve.
12. a liberty taken.
13. a particular immunity or privilege enjoyed, as by a city or corporation: freedom to levy taxes.
14. civil liberty, as opposed to subjection to an arbitrary or despotic government.
15. the right to enjoy all the privileges or special rights of citizenship, membership, etc., in a community or the like.
16. the right to frequent, enjoy, or use at will: to have the freedom of a friend's library.
17. Philosophy. the power to exercise choice and make decisions without constraint from within or without; autonomy; self-determination. Compare necessity (def. 7).
Hardly similar by definition. Freedom is a POSSIBLY OUTCOME of fate.

You answer a question that has an obvious outcome. ISN'T THAT POINTLESS? WHY take a test if you KNOW what you're going to get?

How is that relevant? I never assume in my claims. :]  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:33 pm
What kind of weirdo loser do you think I am? I like Jiraiya, I don't like Shikamaru. That's all that it.

Typo, bad on my part. Fate is not* the same as freedom. ^^;;  

Captain Verd

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:38 pm
Captain Verd
What kind of weirdo loser do you think I am? I like Jiraiya, I don't like Shikamaru. That's all that it.

Typo, bad on my part. Fate is not* the same as freedom. ^^;;
I don't know. My impression of you was REALLY bad. So maybe if I got to know you, I wouldn't think you were a weirdo. razz

Oh. I stand corrected.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:40 pm
I guess you'll just have to trust me on this then. I don't aspire to be like comic book characters. I don't cosplay, I've only been to one con and I thought it was boring. I love Jiraiya and Yamato, because they're quirky and funny. However, I don't try to change myself to be like them. I have very high self-esteem, so I think I'm cool enough without wearing a hitai-ate band around campus.  

Captain Verd

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:45 pm
Captain Verd
I guess you'll just have to trust me on this then. I don't aspire to be like comic book characters. I don't cosplay, I've only been to one con and I thought it was boring. I love Jiraiya and Yamato, because they're quirky and funny. However, I don't try to change myself to be like them. I have very high self-esteem, so I think I'm cool enough without wearing a hitai-ate band around campus.
Love?

Like, really love? Sorry, just a question. People think... that it's bad to love... someone who isn't... *mumble*

Okay, I admit I overattacked you. Because I wanted answers. I overdid it a bit.

Heh. I wear my Hitai-Ate on Ninja days (Dress like a ninja and/or pirate day).  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:56 pm
Not that kind of love. I love their characters the same way I love... a book. I save all the real lovins for real kids.

I put on my ninja outfit.  

Captain Verd

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:00 pm
Captain Verd
Not that kind of love. I love their characters the same way I love... a book. I save all the real lovins for real kids.

I put on my ninja outfit.
Ah.

Real Ninja or Naruto Ninja? I don't have a true ninja outfit. I never aspired for one.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:01 pm
A real ninja.  

Captain Verd

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:59 am
Captain Verd
A real ninja.
Heck yes. Old school.

I uh... I watch the old movies... Ninja movies. Everyone thinks it's nerdy.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff