Submit

Am I a bad bad Aussie?
  yes, yes you are
  well, it depends, vegemite or marmite?
  hey, thats a good one!
View Results

xox_marsy_xox

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:59 am
drop bears, but who hasnt told that one? my cousins were convinced that the emergency services number for australia was 666 (they live in the uk where its 999) and thought i was trying to trick them when i told them it was 000 sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:55 pm
Kathelyne
I tell all the americans that this is my pet kangaroo...

User Image

... and that of course I don't ride it to school silly! I mean, don't they know that only big reds are good for ridin'?

What horrible things (like drop bears) do you tell Americans and other tourists?

surprised

you bad bad person!!

go to New Zealand!!  

nrasjaa

Missie_Mousie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:09 pm
I have a friend of a freind who told some americans in the army that we have rocks that fly upwards towards your head and that they had to walk about with their hands out to cover there faces when they walked. So when they came out here and went bush walking they would have their hands out protecting themselves from the "jumping rocks!" haha.
The name eludes me at this point.... (of course!)  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:03 pm
lawlz.. when an American thinks i have a pet kangaroo i just go with the flow so that they actually think i do have one.. xp  

Maxymous

Jigabeth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:59 pm
xox_marsy_xox
drop bears, but who hasnt told that one? my cousins were convinced that the emergency services number for australia was 666 (they live in the uk where its 999) and thought i was trying to trick them when i told them it was 000 sweatdrop

User Image

Um... don't you mean 911?
no wait, that's US, sorry.
xd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:46 pm
your a good aussie!! i tell people i havea pet kangaroo to lol  

DaveOZ

Ruri star

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:31 am
American's believe anything...

but it annoys me when they ask a stupid question, like if I have a pet kangaroo.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:29 am
LMAO! ppl ask me all the time "do u ride kangaroos to school??"

stare ............ yessss  

Catzgomeow

Enetirnel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:32 am
XD I get asked tons of those idiotic questions regularly (within the span of a couple of minutes on this site and other forums).

With the addition of my ability to manipulate images in Photoshop, the Americans that have stupidly asked me believe that we:

Have pet: Kangaroos, Emus, Koalas, Crocs and Kookaburras.
That the National Parks and/or Rangers actually have trained Kangaroos in a sub-squad called "The Skippies".
That we have an official sport called "'Roo Boxing".
That some of the corner-shops sell bags of "Witchies" (Witchety Grubs) as snack food and that most people speak Aboriginal or Aussie Slang, that there's over a thousand dialects for them to learn before being able to go and buy some "normal food".
That there are drop bears, that are carnivores and that a guy (a family friend, whilst I was working at Thredbo... was away on vacation) went missing because of one. Those Americans didn't leave the lodge as they thought a drop bear was going to get them.... they were scared and when they started to suspect that I was pulling a joke on them.... a uh, body was found up in the mountains..... scared the crap out of the Americans when that happened.... pretty bad timing for the Drop Bear Prank.

Quite a few other things, but I really couldn't help it. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:32 am
I live in the states, and I have gotten the following questions more than a few times:

Do Australian's celebrate thanksgiving?

So, when do you guys have christmas?

rofl

and yes, I totally mess with them.  

Arctic Monkey Magic

King Of Ninjas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:37 am
The idea of Christmas in summer really messes with them  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:40 am
User Image
My 2 favorites are the kangaroo's in my backyard and that we wait until winter to have Christmas rofl

User Image

sex fairy

Beloved Fairy

schpleek

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:28 am
I've heard of a variation of the 'drop-bears' prank. To avoid getting attacked, put forks and Vegemite in one's hair. I don't know if anyone's been successful in convincing tourists of this, but it would be hilarious to watch xD  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:49 am
schpleek
I've heard of a variation of the 'drop-bears' prank. To avoid getting attacked, put forks and Vegemite in one's hair. I don't know if anyone's been successful in convincing tourists of this, but it would be hilarious to watch xD

I've gotten some Swedes to do that. They really believed me.

((Needless to say when a teacher at my school - happens to be a Swede - found out he was less than impressed, but he kept on asking about drop bears)). rofl  

Enetirnel

King Of Ninjas

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:27 am
schpleek

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA
I lol'd xd  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas