Vegemite?
  Yes, I like
  Not my cup of tea, but I appreciate it
  Ick!
View Results

Aldenson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:27 pm
Aaila le stick
Not my vegemite! NOOOOOOOOO *cowers in corner to hyperventialte* my precious precious vegemite! The australian government better not get any ideas and try and ban it here too! I WON'T SURVIVE!!!!!! *runs to eat vegemite*

xd With the way Johnny H. behaves that might just happen.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:39 pm
LOL.
Is vegemite still banned over there?
I thought there was a big misinterpretation and America has apologised for it's stupidity already.  

angelofinsanity

~ Devil Of Innocence ~

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:38 pm
Ozumou
Lets Boycott anything American in Oz

Starting with Oreo cookies.

-gasp- But.. but.. I like Oreos -gonk-  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:05 pm
~ Devil Of Innocence ~
Ozumou

-gasp- But.. but.. I like Oreos -gonk-

Traitor to your nation!!!! scream

GO EAT TIM TAMS NOW!  

Ozumou

Sleep Beauty

6,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:18 am
Wow.
That just really proves the stupidity of Americans.
And to think...we are turning into them!!
Its so sad. I don't want to be Americanized!
I'm quiet happy eating my Vegemite on toast for Brekky and drinking my Milo.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:14 am
Vegemite isnt banned in the US confused

from wikipedia

In October 2006, the Melbourne Herald Sun reported incorrectly that Vegemite was banned in the USA, with Customs officials going so far as to search Australians for Vegemite when they enter the country.[1][2] The origin of the story appears to have been a spokesperson for Kraft Foods who made a misinformed comment to reporters. The Food and Drug Administration later stated that although it is technically illegal to add folate to food products other than bread or cereal, there were no plans to investigate whether Vegemite does this, to subject it to an import ban, or to pull it from American supermarket shelves. The U.S. Customs and Border Protection also tried to dispel the rumour, stating on its website that "there is no known prohibition on the importation of vegemite" and "there is no official policy within CBP targeting vegemite for interception." [3] While Vegemite has never been abundant in the U.S., it can still be purchased at some stores that stock imported foods. [4]Nevertheless, unconfirmed reports that Vegemite was removed from some supermarkets persist.

Cliff notes:

-Rumours
-its illegal to ADD folate to food in the US, but vegemite doesnt do this apparently
-vegemite still available in the US
-rumours are usually lies  

DaveOZ

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:39 am
Last time I checked Wiki, that wasn't up. Unless I didn't see the right page.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:22 am
I'm quite ashamed of you all for this level of yank-bashing! Sure it's the cool, left-wing thing to do, but come on! For shame, to quote Derren.

I mean, someone incorrectly reported that Vegemite is banned in the US, and you all were STUPID and GULLIBLE enough to believe it, then hung s**t on America for being idiots? Grow up you intolerant pricks (sorry for all the cursing, but I expected better from my fellow Aussies).

BTW, I don't really like Vegemite.  

NoeL85

Black-Almaz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:44 pm
NoeL85
I'm quite ashamed of you all for this level of yank-bashing! Sure it's the cool, left-wing thing to do, but come on! For shame, to quote Derren.

I mean, someone incorrectly reported that Vegemite is banned in the US, and you all were STUPID and GULLIBLE enough to believe it, then hung s**t on America for being idiots? Grow up you intolerant pricks (sorry for all the cursing, but I expected better from my fellow Aussies).

no no no, americans arn't stupid there very Naive, and no allot are just UnEducated.....well you can decide for your self, download a clip of CNNNN about americans "are americans stupid" and you'll have a good laugh

and yes i dislike Vegemite to.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:26 am
Black-Almaz
NoeL85

no no no, americans arn't stupid there very Naive, and no allot are just UnEducated.....well you can decide for your self, download a clip of CNNNN about americans "are americans stupid" and you'll have a good laugh

and yes i dislike Vegemite to.

Yeah I've seen the clip, it's funny... but that's it. CNNNN is a comedy show, not a documentary razz You shouldn't take it literally, they could've asked completely unrelated questions and edited different answers together, or spent days asking people then just pulled out the 0.1% of clueless people. You could do the same thing with any country in the world.

This actually reminds me of John Safran's "point to Zaire" spiel. Remember how ignorant you were?  

NoeL85

Black-Almaz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:10 am
well you got me on the cnnn part, but ive been over seas and have worked with them here in aus and other countries, talked to them and yes they are really that bad  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:10 am
Ozumou

and its stupid adds!
i think i know how to eat a biscuit, not a cookie mate.
and what if i just wanna bite into it and not lick it?
why does it have to seem a one way street?

wildmayfly

wildmayfly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:12 am
angelofinsanity
LOL.
Is vegemite still banned over there?
I thought there was a big misinterpretation and America has apologised for it's stupidity already.

in your dreams
rofl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:56 pm
(Warning American): ok I have had vegemite, its ok, i wanted to say that. I also wanted to say, please do not sum all Americans up into one big category. There are a large quantity of us. Over 300billion to be exact. and while a large number of us are self centered or uneducated or both, (for this I blame our pathetic school system.) not all of us are. The average American does not want to change you into a minnie image of our selves (the minnie is not to be taken literally) you may thank the money sucking corporate heads for that. In fact the average American loves Australia just the way she is. Beautiful and rural with its down to earth people. You country is down right awesome. I mean, what would be the point of visiting another America. We live here, its boring to us.
Don’t get me wrong I love my country. We just tend to be run buy some people with a lot of money and no compaction or morals. oh yeah and the occasional idiot.  

Wolfeona The Wise

nicole_isahottie13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:44 pm
Wolfeona The Wise
(Warning American): ok I have had vegemite, its ok, i wanted to say that. I also wanted to say, please do not sum all Americans up into one big category. There are a large quantity of us. Over 300billion to be exact. and while a large number of us are self centered or uneducated or both, (for this I blame our pathetic school system.) not all of us are. The average American does not want to change you into a minnie image of our selves (the minnie is not to be taken literally) you may thank the money sucking corporate heads for that. In fact the average American loves Australia just the way she is. Beautiful and rural with its down to earth people. You country is down right awesome. I mean, what would be the point of visiting another America. We live here, its boring to us.
Don’t get me wrong I love my country. We just tend to be run buy some people with a lot of money and no compaction or morals. oh yeah and the occasional idiot.

yea, I agree. except for that whole "I love my country" part. America sucks, its full of fat and/or rude people. And there are a lot of murders here. I'd rather just be in australia on the other side of the planet.  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff