Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
What do your parents not let you to do with your appearance? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yuvy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:44 am
When I lived with her, my mother wouldn't let me get a tattoo. I don't think she ojected to the tattoo itself... I think she just didn't like the idea/trusted the guy to keep it sanitary, etc.

So I went away to St. Catharines to visit my dad for 8 months and got one. I want to go get my second soon. Maybe after Christmas.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:05 pm
wow... im actually kinda glad my rents weren't so hard on me they let me dress how ever i wanted and such i just wasnt allowed peircings until i was 15 unless they came with me, and even then i only got my ears and nose done but now im too old for them to tell me what to wear n whatnot, i guess they just want me to stay away from real animal fur, which i object to anyways so it's all good  

xX x0mbie Xx

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:11 pm
They're thankfully quite lenient so it's okay... although they're against me getting eyebrow piercings until I'm 18.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:22 pm
They say no peircings, no tattoos, or any make up or nail polish.

the tats and peircings are fine.

But I have a love for the look of dark make up and nail polish.  

Crazy_Vamp666

A-melting-heart

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:56 pm
for me i cant dress in all black unless it is a funeral so i ended only wearing guy clothes :big a** shirt, baggy jeans, tennis shoes. because they try to say that dressing gothic is trying/pretending to act like youre cool and you should be yourself or some sh*t like that, they believe being yourself for a girl is constant pink rolleyes and me dressing like a boy is being gender confused.....okay i got a boyfriend that loves the fact that i dont dress like a whore, but whoa i spoke way too much!!! also tatoos and peircing beyond 1 on each ear is digracing the family....  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:06 pm
my paents are cool with everything cept no piercings& tattos  

Willie-John[Abomination]

Artificial Shadow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:15 pm
My parents don't say too much about what I do except no piercings which sucks because I wanted to get my lip pierced for Christmas.
Other than that, they have a problem with my hair being green.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:28 pm
My parents don't really care except they wont let me get my eyebrow pierced or a tattoo until im 18. rolleyes They'll let me dye my hair whatever color.(Even if it is bright purple!!! xd )My mom is always a little bit on my case about everything being black, but she never says I can't wear anything. She just gives me that, "Okay, do it if you want to.... but it's really making me upset..." look, which I really don't care about. My dad doesn't really care. Partly because he's blind, but he was what was considered "Goth" when he was a teenager,( looooooooong time ago!!! lol!!!) so it doesn't bother him to much.  

Corpse_Bride_131

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:42 pm
My dad has no say in what I do (mostly because I'm 21, but also because he lost telling-me-what-to-do privilages years ago) and my mum encourages me to do whatever I want in the way of expressing myself.

I've never had any restrictions from my mum.
She's all "When are you going to get your nose pierced?" and "What tattoo are you getting next?" and "Your hair looked better blue."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:37 am
spooky_sez
My dad has no say in what I do (mostly because I'm 21, but also because he lost telling-me-what-to-do privilages years ago) and my mum encourages me to do whatever I want in the way of expressing myself.

She's all "When are you going to get your nose pierced?" and "What tattoo are you getting next?" and "Your hair looked better blue."

wow, your mom rocks! i wish my parents were like that! ^ ^  

Darkness_Inside88

Katanas Blade

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:25 pm
Thats how my mom is. I actually think she was gothic when she was in high school, and still is! She went to a school meeting wearing a fishnet jacket and all black. She encourages me to dress gothic, and the only restrictions are on prices. We go into Hot Topic to shop together and if something is to expensive, she looks on ebay for an alternative.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:10 pm
my parents wont let me wear big gaggy goth pants from hot topic  

FireFarie54

ketchakik

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:09 pm
Tenebrion Valefor
Dragonfire_Goddess
My parents say no piercings or tatoos, (which I don't want anyway) but besides that they're pretty tolerant. My dad occasionaly freaks out about semi transparant shirts, and my mom doesn't like my makeup/hair to be too outrageous, but I guess we compromise. What do your parents not allow you to do with the way you look?
This >->... User Image

oddly even my grandmother is ok when i wear my gasmask (i even used it for real once when my son was an infant..take a wild guess why)  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:58 pm
Darkness_Inside88
spooky_sez

wow, your mom rocks! i wish my parents were like that! ^ ^

Oh yeah. My mum is hells cool. xd xd  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Whisperer~Nightshade

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:37 pm
I cannot wear all black, but must wear color here and there (which is what I normally do). No piercings or tatoos without their consent, but I am scared of needles, so I don't see myself checking out designs anytime soon. I can't wear anything fishnet and bondage, so that cuts out a lot of my freedom to finds things to wear, yet somehow I manage.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff