Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Hot Topic: Truly mallcore, or just another clothing shop? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

"OMG I just bought 10 pairs of combat boots from Hot Topic. I'M SO GOTH! ^_^"
  (Ignore)
  (Take said boots and shove 'em where the sun don't shine)
  "Well congratulations, you're also a broken moron :D"
View Results

Vexworth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:17 am
Honestly, it's just a store. You're only a mallgoth if you think shopping there makes you different. Besides, nowadays they're more for wannabe emos then wannabe goths. stare  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:54 am
it depends who shops there. I know a load of popular people go in there just to buy the super short skirts (and most of them shouldnt be wearing them it makes me want to puke O_O)  

Maggot4life91

Kaydienne

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:16 am
I shop at Hot Topic because I like thier cloths. It has nothing to do with the fact that I am a goth. That and it can be tuff finding the type of cloths I like generally however I do not go into the hot topic stores because usually what I want they dont have in stock in the stores so I have to shop online for what I want from thier online store. That and I hate going into mall's im just not a people person.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:36 am
Its alright for somthing simple like a band tee, but not an outfit. Tripp NYC's pants from like 3 years ago were decent now just shitty.

I did find one brand they sell that i like, its called Sinister.
My hoodie i have is that brand (pic on profile) but i ordered that from a different site. (found the brad on sweaters).

Anymore the one by me went completely emo/hardcore. So i only get gauges from them spencers or the silver effects store. =]  

Zarl

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Alliecat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:56 pm
Hot topic, besides theri band t's and other 'funny' t's sell clothes mde by other compansies- Lip Service, Tripp, etc. So to say- "Omg! You hot topic junkie! Why not buy real goth clothes?" From where? The Lip service website?
The Tripp websites? I can get it cheaper at hot topic.

And not all of us have hundreds of dollars to spend on clothes shipped from Deutchland or England. Finding Gothy clothes is hard especially if you don't live in L.A, San Fran, or NY. Online is a big gamble, since you can't try on the clothes and what they show in pictures can be dramatically different then what you get (happened to me with a jacket I bought)  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:55 pm
I dunno, I kinda like Hot Topic. I live in the middle of nowhere so it's not like there are a lot of "true" goth stores near me. At least, none that I'm aware of. I shop there sparingly, and I don't go around saying "I'm goth because I shop at Hot Topic!" I don't shop in only Hot Topic, and less than half of my wardrobe (that is, the clothes and accessories I wear on a daily basis) is actually from HT.

I like the clothes and accessories at Hot Topic. I don't shop there to be goth, I shop there because I like it, and I only buy what I like - I would never buy something just to fit a stereotype.

Hot Topic isn't bad compared to Claire's and Icing. They have "punk" and "goth" stuff, and some of it isn't bad, but most of it is "trendy" goth that makes me wanna puke.

My opinion, don't judge someone based on where they shop. Well, it's not good to judge people at all, but goth isn't even about what you wear, much less where you get your clothes. Shopping at Hot Topic won't make you goth, but it doesn't necessarily make you ungoth either.  

Freedom Fire

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:58 pm
Alliecat
Hot topic, besides theri band t's and other 'funny' t's sell clothes mde by other compansies- Lip Service, Tripp, etc. So to say- "Omg! You hot topic junkie! Why not buy real goth clothes?" From where? The Lip service website?
The Tripp websites? I can get it cheaper at hot topic.

And not all of us have hundreds of dollars to spend on clothes shipped from Deutchland or England. Finding Gothy clothes is hard especially if you don't live in L.A, San Fran, or NY. Online is a big gamble, since you can't try on the clothes and what they show in pictures can be dramatically different then what you get (happened to me with a jacket I bought)

I agree with just about everything you said. We're not all made of money, and we don't all live in places where there are "real" goth stores. And yeah, online shopping is a real gamble; I try to avoid it unless I already know my size in a particular brand.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff