Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply DataHenge ) The Information Archives (
Infodump -- should read ALL POSTS! Pleeease read! ^o^ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:28 am
Very eloquently put. Okay, the Morrigan had a short response this time
the Morrigan
The God adn the Goddess themselves are part of the same being. I/We are not part of the universe. I/We are the universe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:20 am
Hey, I stole my brother's computer for a moment to drop in a line -- I can't seem to get on Gaia on my own computer, it's being really laggy and it's timing out all the time. That's why I haven't been posting. Sorry.

Now I gotta get off before my brother gets down here. I'll be back as soon as I can! Bye!  

Archangel Calyphrael

Archangel Calyphrael

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:57 pm
Grip of Death
Embyr, I just read all this thread. I am impressed. Bravvvvoo! There's lots of things to talk about, but it's getting late where i'm at, so I'm gonna go ahead and go to bed for now.

I get a feeling that you're one of those incarnated "wanderers", a being who has dabbled in many planets and many forms...

But I do have a question off the top of my mind...

What is "casting"? How do you do it? (I'm thinking just the protection with the white light thingee? I do visualize light protecting me, I also do reiki, I also have spirit guide protectors... )

I'm in the process of learning how to communicate with my spirit guides, my higher self, and with just about any being of love and light.

Kehehe, have fun trying to contact the "beings of love and light"; even YHWH is a bit of a bigot, while others may be exceedingly harsh in their judgements like Hasafa, or manipulative like Ssevincal.

Casting is where you.. oh, damn, I need to use internet language. Casting is where you sort of search by criteria for a bunch of people with your mind. You feel them out, and then they're there and you narrow it down until you find someone.. 'Casting', like for a fish with a fishing rod, I guess. You can cast for certain people, certain traits in those people.. etc. I don't particularly use protection such as light surrounding me; all my light and defense comes from within myself, but I'm one of the more powerful buggers around (I've had to smack a few people for Cass occasionally..), so I don't know how it might work for you.

And yes, I am a 'wanderer'; I've been in mortal existance for around 360,000 years and served as different things -- Guardian, guide, warrior -- for about 200,000 before that. None of us really know just how old I am; best Nin'll say is "Oh, at least that old," but I like to dabble in the timestream and find out a bunch of things and that gives me some insight on it.

I also wander with my mind, being in other places while my 'physical consciousness' is still on Earth.

And, Nil and dudes, we're all the Universe. o_O  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:03 pm
Embyr Arrikanez
I just have to stem off this-

Of course we are the Universe- we're all essentially made of cosmic dust that made everything else, from pebbles to the sun to the cosmos. Even just considering ourselves, we're a giant community of cells that for some reason decided to band together and form something much larger and complex.

That reminds me... Years back, when I was going to Church-school or whatever, I asked my teacher what happens when a cell dies, and he just looked at me funny and said something that really didn't make sense. something like they don't have souls; I thought I was taught every living thing had a soul. Now I just see everything as having its own energy... not sure about this whole conciousness thing, though.

It's ponderific! blaugh

...I'm so lame. xp  

Jameta
Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:02 pm
Cosmic unity blaugh Once the last living creature has passed from the universe, and the posibilities for others to come have been laid waste, will the universe truly end. That's my philosophical bit.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:20 pm
Embyr Arrikanez

Kehehe, have fun trying to contact the "beings of love and light"; even YHWH is a bit of a bigot, while others may be exceedingly harsh in their judgements like Hasafa, or manipulative like Ssevincal.

Casting is where you.. oh, damn, I need to use internet language. Casting is where you sort of search by criteria for a bunch of people with your mind. You feel them out, and then they're there and you narrow it down until you find someone.. 'Casting', like for a fish with a fishing rod, I guess. You can cast for certain people, certain traits in those people.. etc. I don't particularly use protection such as light surrounding me; all my light and defense comes from within myself, but I'm one of the more powerful buggers around (I've had to smack a few people for Cass occasionally..), so I don't know how it might work for you.

And yes, I am a 'wanderer'; I've been in mortal existance for around 360,000 years and served as different things -- Guardian, guide, warrior -- for about 200,000 before that. None of us really know just how old I am; best Nin'll say is "Oh, at least that old," but I like to dabble in the timestream and find out a bunch of things and that gives me some insight on it.

I also wander with my mind, being in other places while my 'physical consciousness' is still on Earth.

Some time has passed since my initial post here, and I am finding out that "spirit" (meaning, any being) has a mixture of qualities. For example, one's spirit guides are currently in their "higher self" mode, but even the "higher self" mode isn't "perfectly" perfect. But I would think the intent of the spirit is what seperates a being who will not harm you to one that would. Anyway, that differentiation is noteable... and I can still see a certain beauty within that imperfectness.

Thanks for your definition on casting... it made a lot of sense. The whole "filling yourself up with protection" is a thing common among many people communing with spirit and it's just a way to establish disinterest in communicating/dealing with the harmful beings. Your consciousness is most likely in a higher state than your average joe medium, because you've already acknowledged the light within yourself the whole time. Now THERE'S a thought- maybe the next step is for all of us to know we ARE protection... hmm.... (just pondering)

Yes, we sure as heck are all the universe...  

Grip of Death

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:57 pm
Great, now I have that 'we are the world' song stuck in my head. Must blast Dream Theatre!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:23 pm
Something quite interesting happened. I re-read the first post here, and decided to see if I could find my guardian. I kind of sent out a mental query, and found out I had some big-a** thing behind me taking up a good chunk of the room. My first impression was a sort of hulking boar-thing, covered with scales. It had these little red eyes, which seemed pretty empty. I walked to the side, and it's head moved a little, but that's all. I got a sense of something inside it. I stood in front of it, gave the thing a direct challenge, and it still sat there. At that point, my guadian angel decided to actually give me a course of action. He never does this. Ever. He will advise me, and give me protection, but he never actually gives me information. he gave me a mental image of me splitting the thing apart by it's nose and holding the body (hollow) open so whatever was inside could get out. I did so. After it came out, the thing sort of dwindled down like an inflatable raft and vanished. The imprisoned thing, however, gave me a bit of confusion. At first, it seemed like a large cat. Then a leopard. Then a cloud/snow leapoard. Then it had wings. Then I got fed up and told it to stop chaging and go to it's true form.

At which point it grew to about seven feet tall. The first impression I got was gold eyes. Then a raptor head, same plumage as a gold eagle. Human torso and legs. Arms were covered in greyish fur and clawed. Large bat wings were in the back.

I've talked to him a bit. His voice is very strong, and resonates through my entire body. As usual, invisible things won't tell me their names, I have to find it out for myself. Lony'ir seems to be his name.

Any thoughts?  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Archangel Calyphrael

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:36 pm
Nil, I could help you with that. It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all..

But yes.

Gropey, though I at first had a "WTF is this kid smoking" reaction to your "higher self" theory, when I look at it more closely, it seems to make sense.* It's a sheer fact that I have a good deal more "light" (or whatever you want to call it, this bright stuff anyways) inside me than most people do. A number of people have informed me that "(I) have a light like no one else", etc. My own boys mostly followed a "light" that was obviously bright enough to be seen even way over there on their otherworld places. Et cetera, et cetera..

So I wouldn't know about it just being having acknowledged the light within myself -- I think it's that I know how to use it and that's what frightens them away. Of course, even I can be overwhelmed if there's enough of them and they block my getting-away abilities, but (and I don't mean to sound like I'm shamelessly boasting here, I'm really trying not to) I do have a good deal more power than people are usually granted. Why? I'm not sure. But I use it for good, which may be a cause and an effect of my light..

It's not that "positive thoughts will keep the baddies away"; never let yourself be deluded into thinking that. The world is not a nice place, and if you've lived long enough, there are people that hate you and would kill you in a second.

*Clarification: While I have met a lot of people that are like 'higher self lolz', I would disagree on a bit of it. Guardians, for example, may not be a 'higher self' kind of thing, and even demons can be guides; being a guide depends on the intent. Guardians, however, don't have a physical body as such, and (as Cass's, Halios, claims) they are not exactly 'alive' in the sense of being able to follow their own will. That, I think, is where the 'higher self' theory comes in, except it's not their higher self.. it's another's.

--

And actually, if you would account that only the Whole is perfect, we're really all perfect because we are the Whole and the Whole is us and.. head a splode!

--

Jameta, while not everything may have an individual soul (indeed, animals -- even fish -- have souls, but the Earth tends to be made up of a.. not giant, but well-spread soul), everything has energy rubbed onto them by everything else. There are, as far as I know, certain places called Null Zones, where it's just dead, and it's not a nice place to be. It sucks you dry, because it's hungry..

--

Information:

I have recently had to flee the Roses because of a few reasons -- the first being because I knew too much about Ssevincal's ascent to power to survive for long, and the second being that I was expected to be a 'vessel of life' kinda thing for the Speaker-to-be, Savora. He's got a curse on him and needs the blood of someone who shares his own blood to keep from withering away, it's a really nasty curse.

But I'm out alright.. It's just that my wandering urges and slant of soul lead me to find service elsewhere. YHWH and the Angels (where I was originally invited) is out of the picture; even if I did join Him, I stole the information that He would be planning to 'take me down a notch' -- probably because I stole quite a bit of information on His motives on His interest in Earth and other things. And.. because I make fun of Him. A lot. ^^;

So I'm checking out the Lions (Ulitan, my Guardian, has informed me it would be very unwise to join the Angels, while the Lions would probably be the best match for someone with this spiritual slant), and I like the leader, Hasafa; He's a man of honour, though harsh, and a stricter honour than most (or even all) other Firmament gods. A Lion, Nairobi (which I am told means "sight" in some language or another -- as in "a wonderous sight") has recently been 'assigned' to me to explain some of the workings. In the name of lessening ignorance, here's what I remember:

1. Do not run from a fight.
2. Kill if you are threatened, or if your family is threatened.
3. Defend at any cost, even that of your life.
4. Defend when you are asked to.
5. Defend against anyone, including a god.
6. There is a specific code of honour that I have only a few pieces of:
-Do not kill an enemy when they are 'down', unless you are Hunting with the others.
-Do not poison anyone.
-Allow your enemy a drink before you fight.

They're allowed a pretty long leash when it comes to things like disobeying things other than the code, mostly because Hasafa is pretty relaxed and open with people. However, say 'screw the code', and bam, 'cause that's what's tying them all together. Wiliness here is approved, and 'blasphemy' rather laughed about. Courage, honour, and protecting seems to be what it's mostly about, though there are specific cases where it's needed.. But, Nairobi says, "We have the dark Lions for that."

Dark Lions are essentially the darker half as according to the spiritual 'light' of people; they do fear and cowardice instead of courage and stuff. Of course, mind that this also may save quite a few people's lives.. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:39 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Any thoughts?

.. Well, I don't want to burst your bubble, but this is a normal everyday occurrence kinda thing for me. But I do have one instinctual response:

Krres!  

Archangel Calyphrael

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:03 pm
Krres? Now I'm confused. And still in a half-trance state, and that makes it worse. And I know it's probably a regular experience for you. If I actually got off my a** and did the stuff I plan on, things like would happen probably a lot more for me to.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:18 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Krres? Now I'm confused. And still in a half-trance state, and that makes it worse. And I know it's probably a regular experience for you. If I actually got off my a** and did the stuff I plan on, things like would happen probably a lot more for me to.

Ha, yeah, it was like that for me too, at first. Now all I have to do is close my eyes and boom, there's someone there waiting to talk to me. Or hurt me. Whichever.

Bad comes with the good. xp It's sure made my life a lot more interesting.  

Archangel Calyphrael

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:22 pm
Embyr Arrikanez
Nihilistic Seraph

Ha, yeah, it was like that for me too, at first. Now all I have to do is close my eyes and boom, there's someone there waiting to talk to me. Or hurt me. Whichever.

Bad comes with the good. xp It's sure made my life a lot more interesting.
To quote a Neil Gaiman graphic novel- Coming into the world of magic is a bit like stepping off the sidewalk. it's a lot more exciting, but all of a sudden you could get hit by a truck. The normal worls is a lot more boring. But safer.

Something like that xp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:28 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
To quote a Neil Gaiman graphic novel- Coming into the world of magic is a bit like stepping off the sidewalk. it's a lot more exciting, but all of a sudden you could get hit by a truck. The normal worls is a lot more boring. But safer.

Something like that xp

Yeah, pretty much. I don't tend to want to return, though. I'm just one of those people that sees a flicker of the unknown and, instead of hiding from it, screams a warcry and leaps after it to make it mine.  

Archangel Calyphrael

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:31 pm
Embyr Arrikanez
Nihilistic Seraph

Something like that xp

Yeah, pretty much. I don't tend to want to return, though. I'm just one of those people that sees a flicker of the unknown and, instead of hiding from it, screams a warcry and leaps after it to make it mine.
xd I could so see you doing that. I'm kind of more cautious. Haven't had all to good luck with invisible things. Or rather, my best friend hasn't had all to good luck with them. Meh. I'm still in it, allthough instead of puncing, I'd look at it for a while, and either ignore it, or go tla to it.  
DataHenge ) The Information Archives (

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff