Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:33 pm
MortSanglant
Macabre_Cogitation

Number one, I do like to drink. Yes, Morty, sorry, I do.

You know I know this.

I know you know this and I felt like seeing if you remembered.
We've discussed this before...

-sigh-  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:15 pm
Macabre_Cogitation
MortSanglant
Macabre_Cogitation

Number one, I do like to drink. Yes, Morty, sorry, I do.

You know I know this.

I know you know this and I felt like seeing if you remembered.
We've discussed this before...

-sigh-

Don't go melancholy on me.

I'm the WE who doesn't enjoy the catalysts of inebriation.

MortSanglant

perrenthezombie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:29 pm
Challenge of the day: Make a thread without starting a HUGE, POINTLESS ARGUMENT.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:31 pm
Isel
So here we discuss alcohol and drunkenness.

I blame my Indian heritage for just having one shot of 80-proof tequila and being drunk right now. It's hard work to type properly.

Lightweight. xp xp  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:32 pm
Krypta9
Challenge of the day: Make a thread without starting a HUGE, POINTLESS ARGUMENT.

Yeah, I second that.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:35 pm
=/

For an "accepting" guild, aren't we allbeing a little absolutist?  

91_green bottles

Dapper Dabbler

Dante Omura

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:50 am
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

I'm Cuban so knocking back a corona is NO PROBLEM I'm choosing however to wait till I'm 21 when Its ok for it to be in my body my 12yr old cousin got drunk and I did NOT like what I saw and for that fact I wait.

Light Is My Deaths Curse

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:52 pm
Maybe I should add that I hadn't eaten anything in at least 18 hours prior to drinking.

Case in point, I hate being drunk and probably won't do it for a while, simply because it made me feel like s**t.

Sorry for getting defensive, folks, I was in a generally pissed-off mood for weeks, and that was some of the byproduct.
xp  

-Isel-

Mz.Wiggles

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:53 pm
Isel
Maybe I should add that I hadn't eaten anything in at least 18 hours prior to drinking.

Case in point, I hate being drunk and probably won't do it for a while, simply because it made me feel like s**t.

Sorry for getting defensive, folks, I was in a generally pissed-off mood for weeks, and that was some of the byproduct.
xp
Alcohol has to do with your BAC not what you ate and whatever.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:23 pm
Mz.Wiggles
Isel

xp

Actually whether you've eaten or drank something other than liquor does affect how much is in your system and at what levels. If someone hasn't eaten for a long time, something that might normally cause you to just be tipsy might actually push you a bit farther.

In all honesty I've only tried to get drunk once in my life. Keep in mind I'm 24 years old. I don't really see a reason to be drunk. It costs a lot of money, and it makes you into a different person. I got drunk once just to find out what kind of drunk I was. I really didn't have too much of a personality shift other that perhaps being a bit more enthralled in the movie I was watching. *shrug*

Anyway, drinking is a personal choice. Personally I choose to drink very rarely, and even then I don't drink very much. I had a friend who had parents who abused liquor, and her life was often spent afraid of her father and how violently drunk he was. I also used to work grocery. I saw just how much it can cost from an economic standpoint to get drunk. I personally find the drinking scene unappealing and I would perfer to remember what I was doing when I wake up the next day. I don't condone alchohol abuse of any sort, but I can see why people might occasionally wish to get buzzed now and then.

As for the age limit (correct me if I'm wrong) but I believe in Europe age isn't an issue. Parents teach their children to be responsible, and wine is often a part of a meal. A friend of mine who is greek even had lasauga where the alchohol wasn't all the way cooked out when she was visiting with family. I think that illustrates that age shouldn't be so much the issue as being responsible.

Just my personal stance.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Dragonfire Goddess

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:58 pm
Mz.Wiggles
I hate alcohol.I don't have much respect for people who choose that path.I have a lower respect for minors who drink and feel they're cool.I think it's a waste of brain cells.Pure stupidity if you ask me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:12 am
Mz.Wiggles
Isel

xp

Um... wrong.

-Weight
-What you ate beforehand
-If you've taken any other medicine/drug

and many other factors all affect how easily alcohol affects you. BAC is just how much alcohol your liver wasn't able to process.

-Isel-

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:20 am
To those who have no respect for consumers of alcohol:

I must politely disagree with you. I don't respect for people who use alcohol as an escape route or drink simply to get drunk, and I agree that this is extremely irresponsible. But whether alcohol is bad for you or not depends on how much you drink.

I am a habitual drinker. I frequently have a glass of wine with dinner. Studies have shown that in general, people who regularly drink small ammounts of wine live longer than people who don't, and there's a theory that the tannins and nutrients in it are good for you.

BUT I rarely have more than one drink a night, or three drinks a week. I have never been fall-down drunk and am rarely even tipsy. I'm aware of the pitfalls and am responsible enough to avoid them.

There are plenty of people like me. We don't deserve your contempt.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:48 am
Tannins are also found in pomegranates - which are great antioxidants - and teas - mainly green. Also, red grape juice - yes, it is red wine that has this marvelous tannin boost - does not need to be fermented to provide this effect.

Tannins are not neccessary to live - though they provide some health benefits. Which I've just listed can be gained elsewhere.

I will never be convinced that there is ever a good reason for alcohol consumption.

And it's not contempt I have, it's a lack of respect.

But really, does one person's opinion matter that much to you?

MortSanglant

Corpse_Bride_131

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:55 pm
I heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart MIKES HARD CRANBERRY AND LIME!!!!!!!  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff