Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Who here actually READS anymore?(I do and I'm proud of it!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How are you? (I'm FORCING you to answer nicely!)
  Very fine thank you.
  Not very well I'm afraid.
View Results

UraniumMonk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:53 am
I really enjoy reading, but haven't had much time for it lately. I prefer sci-fi and nonfiction, but anything will do. Even a programming textbook xp

Oh, and I play bass and compose electronica. Not very well, though.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:24 am
Isel
Actually, I have an odd fixation on reading textbooks. Like school textbooks- if I have the capability to read one, I will read it, beginning-to-end.

I also have a world atlas from 2003 that I read constantly.

Literature-wise, however, I'm reading Anne Rice's new book, "Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt".

EDIT: In response to the instrument question, I play the guitar with moderate skill.

I can relate to the text book thing. I just finished my history one.. I didn't have anything better to do today.

I read my Anne Rice books over and over, but I haven't read Christ yet. Any good?

I also read Terry Pratchett.

They're the two authors I follow, but I read lots of other books too.

Also, I write bits and pieces of one I decided to write about... a year ago. XD

I write some short stories too.

Um... I play the violin very basically, and I'm trying to teach myself the accordian, because my nan's a bit dotty and bought one out of a mail-order catalogue...  

91_green bottles

Dapper Dabbler

grotesquekreeple

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:19 pm
i read alot on WW2, Edgar Allen Poe, Stephen King and the likes im slowly collecting all of Kings works because hes that damn awesome pirate  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:17 pm
Amadeo_91
Isel
Actually, I have an odd fixation on reading textbooks. Like school textbooks- if I have the capability to read one, I will read it, beginning-to-end.

I also have a world atlas from 2003 that I read constantly.

Literature-wise, however, I'm reading Anne Rice's new book, "Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt".

EDIT: In response to the instrument question, I play the guitar with moderate skill.

I can relate to the text book thing. I just finished my history one.. I didn't have anything better to do today.

I read my Anne Rice books over and over, but I haven't read Christ yet. Any good?

I also read Terry Pratchett.

They're the two authors I follow, but I read lots of other books too.

Also, I write bits and pieces of one I decided to write about... a year ago. XD

I write some short stories too.

Um... I play the violin very basically, and I'm trying to teach myself the accordian, because my nan's a bit dotty and bought one out of a mail-order catalogue...

Christ, well, so far, it's alright. It could turn out to be awesome or it could suck. I doubt it'll stay in the grey area for long.  

-Isel-

hfdhgsdfgsf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:09 pm
I read anything by Edgar Allan Poe. I love my Edgar. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:21 pm
Does anybody else read much H. P. Lovecraft?  

UraniumMonk

XxBelovedxSoubixX

Hygienic Hunter

8,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:51 pm
I read almost 24/7, and yes I still have a life outside of my book's and computer. but yes I love to go to the bookstore and get new books. I just got a new book and finshed it the same day, and even though I can read I still ca't spell.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:02 am
I learned how to read coherently shortly before my third birthday.
And I have six largish bookshelves full of assorted literary-ness.
My current obsession: old mystery novels.

It's so depressing at school now...I can't ever find anyone that reads anything besides what's assigned them for classes...

Oh, and music? I used to play the guitar. I have since lapsed because I have no free time anymore. Ga.
However the reason I have no free time is because I'm working at Penobscot Theatre (which, when I get to do tech instead of office work, is rather nifty), so it's ALMOST an equal exchange.  

Vexworth

Alice_K8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:47 pm
I don't have time for reading. I wish I did. I desperately wish I did. sad  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:07 am
I haven't been reading anything lately, but I love reading the Point Horror and Point Horror Unleashed series and anything relating to the Holocaust.

Hmm...music. I play the flute, and I couldn't write a song to save my life, so I just stick with the simple yet emotive haiku.  

shadowcat715

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:14 am
I read too much, it starts to affect my grades, also more than is healthy for my wallet.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:20 am
razorblade6060
Seriouslly! Who really goes to the bookstore, gets a copy of "the red badge of courage" and reads anymore. I still do! The amount of people who go to the bookstore for something besides anime is dwindling...Anime is cool but try reading something else as well for a change.

While I have a topic started here, I would like to ask how many goths you know/meet that you would consider intelligent/"geeky" (read books, know about history, literature, science, don't hate school...) It seems like a lot of people these days just headbang to some metal band, wear black, and say they're goth. No. I'm sorry. Those qualities alone can't make you goth. Or at least "true goth". They should read up about goth a bit more.

Also, who here plays an instument? What do you play, for how long, and do you wright your own music?

started playong drums after not playing for 5 years, so i need more practice, and i am learning the paino and guitar right now. I write peopms that can be used as songs. I read books when i can, but they need to get my interest. I love the Jarrasic Park book, way better than the movie  

Exodus2

Exodus2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:22 am
also, tell those other people that headbanged to heavy metal and wear nothing but black, they arent goth, and wearing nothing but black does not make you goth  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:44 am
...My dad won't even take me to the bookstore anymore because he has such a hard time getting me to leave.
I haven't been since he heard me correcting an employee on where a particular book was. sweatdrop
But, I have plenty of books to read for now, recently I've read:

The Grapes of Wrath
Catch-22
The Historian
Dictionary of Birthdays
Dictionary of Dreams
Haunted America (I think that's what it was called)
A couple of biographies (Hitler, Napolean, Alexander the Great, Walt Disney, and someone else that I don't remember)
The Good Earth

I think that's all of them for the lat couple weeks...

Yeah, we'll go with that....

Kharmia Attradie

Paico

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:58 am
I am at the library everyday to find new books to read. I have always loved reading. At school, I read so many books, I had the key to the library, and the library bus that came once a month adored me, since I borrowed more than 10-15 books everytime.

I read about everything, but my fav genre is fantasy and horror. And I like reading about psychology, and the occult. 3nodding  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff