Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
[ downloading junkie ] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fried Tree

O.G. Sex Symbol

10,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:59 am
I think the people who actually make clothes and hair, succesfully, have nice graphic programs, and an eye for art.

I absolutley adore the clothing at Stylist Sims. Her furnishings are kind of shitty, but her wardrobes are amaaazing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:01 am
Vivika von Mott
Tealia
Vivika von Mott

Man, every time I download foods off MTS2 it gives me problems and I have to get rid of them. Do you know of any that use .zip? I lack the program necessary to handle .rar, and the foods I've tried give my game the runs, so to speak. xp

Hmm.. If you are having problems with the foods, have you ever tried telling that to the creators? They may still have some bugs to deal with and that's the main point of giving feedback.

Or perhaps you just need to get the Sim File Maid 2, a program that opens and installs RAR files for you. That's what I use in case contents I download are RAR related.
Please visit my deviantART!

Wow, thanks! You guys are so helpful. ^_^
winRAR has always worked for me. What I need is a file system that can upload zip files. winZIP is a piece of s**t, quite frankly.  

Fried Tree

O.G. Sex Symbol

10,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Brandisher 100

Ani-san^_^

Magical Lunatic

12,425 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:39 pm
i have downloaded a good bit of stuff already n planning to download more...my comp is so slow already though...i need more RAM crying but i download clothes, hair, furniture n well...stuff like that xd i make my own clothes from time to time...when i've got absolutely nothing else to do because it frustrates me sometimes sweatdrop i saw somebody said they download food eek ...where can u download food?  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:28 pm
I'm also addicted to downloading.
Actually, I accidently broke my game once.
I downloaded a faulty house and whenever I played with that house it deleted all my people in the neighborhood.
Luckily I tried it out on a neighborhood that only had two people.
So I deleted everything and re-downloaded all my stuff.

WinterBean

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:52 pm
Takalian
I'm also addicted to downloading.
Actually, I accidently broke my game once.
I downloaded a faulty house and whenever I played with that house it deleted all my people in the neighborhood.
Luckily I tried it out on a neighborhood that only had two people.
So I deleted everything and re-downloaded all my stuff.
User Image User Image

Oh that would be so horrible to happen. Thankfully I only download one item that caused only the game to crash but did not delete anything.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:19 pm
I live off of downloads. In December 06 my computer died and I got a new one in February 07. I lost 5,000 downloads. I was so mad. I now have around 3,000 something. When I first got the new computer I would not even touch my Sims game until I had restored some of my downloads. It took me a week of nonstop downloading to get 1,000.  

Simming
Crew

Princess Harmonia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:44 pm
I'm always downloading... I try to tell myself to stop but what can I say? I'm addicted... I am a download junkie. I love getting clothes, makeup, and genetics for my sims! I just love beautifying them! Maxis stuff isn't enough for my characters...

Ani-san^_^
i have downloaded a good bit of stuff already n planning to download more...my comp is so slow already though...i need more RAM crying but i download clothes, hair, furniture n well...stuff like that xd i make my own clothes from time to time...when i've got absolutely nothing else to do because it frustrates me sometimes sweatdrop i saw somebody said they download food eek ...where can u download food?

I always find great foods and recipes on Mod the Sims 2. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:28 pm
I have so much in my downloads, I had to make a whole new downloads folder, and then one for hacks...oops.

The heart of reality

5,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200

men getting pregnant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:07 pm
titaniapixie
I used to download everything I saw, but I ended up crashing my computer so many times none of my games would run. I ended up deleting all my downloads and reinstalling my game because I got so fed up. I am tempted to start downloading things again, but I'm not sure.

I did the same thing when I first downloaded the game. A good tip is to go to the extange and download only sims with a few custom items. Sims with hundreds of different custom items take up too much space. And I usually download from special custom-content websites. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:56 pm
Yea, I downloade...alot. When i first got nightlife, i had the cyber goggles, but no actual cyber goth outfit to go with it. I got online, dwnloaded a bunch of gothic, cyber gothic, punk, and victorian goth outfits, and now my sims are fine. lolz.  

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

MadHatter230

6,100 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:38 pm
I download lots of shiiz!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:23 pm
Shiver`
User Image
I am the queen of downloading stuff for the Sims. What can I say, I love having massive amount of items for homes, as well as a much cooler wardrobe than Maxis gives us. (sorry Maxis). I also download hacks, like keep moods high, the InSimunator, which allows me to get who ever I want pregnant. (Males/Male, Random, I can even get knocked up by the Grim reaper! xd ) .

Oh, and I envy all those people who can make outfits and new meshes. All I make a skin tones and recoloer existing outfits. (I don't even touch the furniture!)

One of my favorite artist is Sunair, from the Sim Resource site. Oh, she makes the best furniture sets ever. I love.

Spoonfeed:
Do you download new content for your Sims? or just play with the default junk stuff?

I used to download things from thesims2.ea.com all the time, but they've taken the site down. Its been down for awhile so I hear, do you download from that site or a different site?  

ADHDaydreamer

Adorable Trash

17,100 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Super Tipsy 200

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:46 pm
Samanthie
Shiver`
User Image
I am the queen of downloading stuff for the Sims. What can I say, I love having massive amount of items for homes, as well as a much cooler wardrobe than Maxis gives us. (sorry Maxis). I also download hacks, like keep moods high, the InSimunator, which allows me to get who ever I want pregnant. (Males/Male, Random, I can even get knocked up by the Grim reaper! xd ) .

Oh, and I envy all those people who can make outfits and new meshes. All I make a skin tones and recoloer existing outfits. (I don't even touch the furniture!)

One of my favorite artist is Sunair, from the Sim Resource site. Oh, she makes the best furniture sets ever. I love.

Spoonfeed:
Do you download new content for your Sims? or just play with the default junk stuff?

I used to download things from thesims2.ea.com all the time, but they've taken the site down. Its been down for awhile so I hear, do you download from that site or a different site?
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Oh I go somewhere else.
http://www.thesimsresource.com/sims2 is my favorite place. Tons of items and you can sort by free stuff. whee  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff