Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Literature
the DaVinci Code - Am I the only one... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The DaVinci code?
  sucked
  rocked
  haven't read it
View Results

Raito-kun`

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:53 pm
cooldude_62442
The Da Vinci Code might be boring. I read Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, which is the prequel to The Da Vinci Code, and it was excellent. Really gripping and not crammed with too many details ( Although some might not understand a part which relates to Particle Physics ). The worst Dan Brown book I ever read was Deception Point ( Do not even think of reading it, you will regret it ).

I rather liked Deception Point- well, the beginning anyways. The worst book Dan Brown ever wrote, in my opinion was: Digital Fortess.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:01 pm
I totally agree.
Every one said this was such a great book, so I decided to read it.
I was EXTREMELY dissapointed.
The only thing that I liked was the Eiffel Tower crack.
"Have you mounted her yet?"
LUV IT!!
>3

Emilem

Quotable Dabbler

6,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Big Tipper 100

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:31 pm
So we all agree, then. I thought I was the only one who thought most of Dan Brown's work sucked.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:54 pm
I personally enjoyed it, but I can easily understand how some others might not. The grammar and punctuation mistakes you have all pointed out are, of course, valid and common. However, I personally enjoyed it enough to look past that and just focus on the story. It was cleverly done, if often unbelievable or innacurate, and it kept my mind occupied.  

Imsomewhatspiffy

turtles rock

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:14 pm
cooldude_62442
The Da Vinci Code might be boring. I read Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, which is the prequel to The Da Vinci Code, and it was excellent. Really gripping and not crammed with too many details ( Although some might not understand a part which relates to Particle Physics ). The worst Dan Brown book I ever read was Deception Point ( Do not even think of reading it, you will regret it ).

I completely agree with this.
Angels and Demons was an excellent read, whereas The Da Vinci Code fell way short compared to all the hype it stirred. If anything, they should have made a bigger deal out of Angels and Demons than The Da VInci Code.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:56 pm
I read Angels and Demons and I liked that one a lot. I couldn't put it down honestly. I tried to read the DaVinci Code and I wanted gag. I didn't even get passed the first page.  

Lily-Anne-Marie

Literature

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces