Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Ever been flamed for banning someone? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

._.

View Results

iori_lamia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:28 pm
hydroponic infatuation
No, but one of my fellow mods did.
He banned some blathering idiot then all of her stupid friends spammed up the guild. gonk
Terrible. The worst part is, they never bothered to PM any of the mods about it, they just whined in the guild's main forum. :starE:

hes a jerk ><
*hug*  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:35 pm
i've been flamed for banning people, some turned into harassment, others just accepted and moved on  

haloshatterer

iori_lamia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:54 pm
moving on 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:10 pm
You say moving on I say backing up whee

Tyrentvega

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:15 pm
Thankfully, I haven't banned anyone, and frankly, I hope I never have to. ^^

Addendum: truth be told, I don't agree with banning someone for minimal activity. Being disruptive, and an overall jerktown, I can see it.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:57 am
I've banned several people before (it's almost always for posting adult material...sigh), but no one's ever harassed me about a ban. I explain very clearly exactly what the person did wrong and what and where it is in the guild rules. If anyone complains, I just tell direct them to the Guild Constitution and point out that by joining, they agreed to follow the rules.

And, well...I justify every note and warning I send out this way, so I've never gotten anything flamey back for it? That or I don't encounter idiots that often. But, I do get apologies quite regularly and one guy pmed me back and said sorry and good luck with the guild. I was impressed. :3

We also keep a list of users who were banned/warned and what they did, so we can give people second chances if we want to. =O

kageling

number_17

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:05 am
i get flamed all the times.
i'm responible for member "issues" in 3 guilds..  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:52 am
I've been flamed and complimented for banning people. Unfortunately my guild did a mass banning demanded by our Guild Captain so it wasn't my fault I got flamed  

IceeWitch

xlost_fan122x

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:01 pm
I actually havn't banned anyone from my guilds. I was thinking about this one person who is sometimes really rude... but i don't want to be mean by banning the person. redface The person does a lot of flaming and sometimes name calling which could be pretty offensive.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:51 pm
That's what I'm trying to avoid.  

2damax

iori_lamia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:07 pm
IceeWitch
I've been flamed and complimented for banning people. Unfortunately my guild did a mass banning demanded by our Guild Captain so it wasn't my fault I got flamed

damn  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:03 pm
I've been flamed by a person I banned. He threatened to hack into my account eek  

King Henry

iori_lamia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:01 pm
ahh! O_O  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:41 am
Look, sometimes you have to do your job, and that is why you were given the job as mod. I have had to ban members, only one for flagrant violation of guild rules and TOS.. Most of the time time, we ban members due to being inactive for 3 or more months. They are the ones that never complain. If you ban someone and it is for the right reason and you get flamed for it, you have every right to report a harassment. If you were wrong, or think you were wrong, then read the pm, either invite the person back, or delete the pm and go on. It's that simple.  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

iori_lamia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:10 pm
King Henry
I've been flamed by a person I banned. He threatened to hack into my account eek

didnt happen, right?
;;  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas