Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Exquisite Cadavre

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:24 pm
Basically, if we all shopped at "goth" stores, we'd all wear nearly exactly the same things so than where is the creativity and individuality in that?

It's funny, the outfits I've worn that people tend to comment on the most, or find the most goth, are combinations of walmart, thrift stores, outlet malls, and Charlotte Russe (my sister used to work there so discounts ^^).

Your clothes are what you make them, and nothing more. Just because they bear the tag "Subterranea," "Jeanie Nitro" or "raven" does not necessarily make them goth. It's how you carry yourself and how you accesorize.

As for me, I shop nearly everywhere. I've found interesting skirts at art shows, tops at various stores in the mall, and other various articles of clothing at every possible place for cheap.

^^

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:10 pm
i get most of my clothes from nongoth stores, and add accessories/boots from gothic stores, and it makes a cool look, all together.  

CircleOfTheDarkOnes

Dragonfire Goddess

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:13 pm
The other day I was at WM and I saw this great shirt, black, off-the-shoulder, huge sleeves, with lace up the front. Then I looked at the tag and realized it was from the Olsen Twins clothing line! How's that for non-goth? xd  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:14 pm
lol, that's gold.  

CircleOfTheDarkOnes

Dragonfire Goddess

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:16 pm
lmao I know. I bought it and my mom saw the tag in the trash...that was a funny moment.....  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:07 pm
I don't think I've ever gone to an actual Goth store. I shop exclusively at thrift sotres. :3 I can find anything there, which is really nice. I wouldn't worry about Goth cred anyway; just buy what you like where you can find it. : )  

R-e-d _ C a r e s s

Shirtless Shapeshifter

melancholymolly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:22 pm
The only clothes I buy from Hot Topic are band t-shirts. My mom won't buy me pants or other clothes because everything is very expensive. So I get most of my clothes from wal-mart, target and thrift stores.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:42 pm
I RARELY shop for clothes, seeing that I'm always hunting for VG's (Video Games), Compatible Discs, or CDs, and Magazines. Usually, you give me 20 dollars, I'll have only $5 after heading into K-Mart.  

Mage The Red

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100

Suicide Lollies

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:55 pm
I don't tend to shop at goth shops or alternative stores as a matter of fact. There are none near me.. There's some in the city but they're too exspenive for me. crying

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:45 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
JC Penny has a lot of black/goth clothes.
Same with Wet Seal, Kohls, and other places in the mall and department stores. 3nodding
You just have to look hard enough.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lunar-Escape

Threl Kaar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:29 am
My favorit goth is a naked one... blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:14 pm
Actually, most of my clothes come from non-goth stores. I've lucked out a lot in Filene's and Macy's, especially a couple years ago when long, droopy sleeves were popular. It's amazing how often you can find nice velvety tops or crinkly black skirts.

Now that I'm in England, I trawl the market a lot. There are plenty of stalls that sell clothing from India -- really beautiful embroidered stuff, and a lot of it is all black. It's fun to scrounge around in 'ungothy' places and see what you can find!  

Veruniel
Crew

Kristoya

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:54 am
I love Gadzooks. That store is amazing. I found a beautiful corset there that I wear so often, and it was only 10 bucks! I also go into Macy's and JCPenny's every once in a while. And since the "emo" look has become popular, places like Rave are selling clothes that I'll wear now.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:35 pm
Threl Kaar
My favorit goth is a naked one... blaugh

rofl  

Freedom Fire

Neon~Starshine

Questionable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:54 pm
the only "goth" store in my crappy little area was hot topic, which is now insanely emo, so almost all of my clothes are hand-me-downs from my goth ex.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff