BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:07 pm
WellzY
Wow... really? Not even the snotty nosed youths who feel so intent of rebelling against everything mildly authoritarian don't tollerate such humour? How... depressing. o_0

Nope. The snotnosed, 'rebellious' youths here just dye their hair like bird's feathers, wear a lot of black, get tattoos in 'naughty' places and get piercings. *rolls eyes and shrugs* We're a real exciting bunch. I think all those months spent in a winter wonderland has deprived our brains of oxygen and now it's becoming too much effort to do anything shocking or original. *laughs*

By the way, HAPPY CANADA DAY, MATES!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:13 pm
BeMuled MissBeth

July 2nd is it then? What does that day commemorate?  

WellzY
Crew

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:22 pm
WellzY
BeMuled MissBeth

Actually most of Oz is about a day ahead of us, or at least enough hours that you'll be on the next calender date. It's July 1st up here. *smiles brightly* And this is the day of Canada's birth! Or as I like to say, this is when we as a people approached mother Britain and said, "We're big kids now ... can we have our own country?" and she patted us on our little heads, smiled and said, "Yes, but if you have any troubles you come straight home for help," then turned us 'round, patted our bums and sent us on our way. *laughs*  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:27 pm
BeMuled MissBeth
WellzY
BeMuled MissBeth

Actually most of Oz is about a day ahead of us, or at least enough hours that you'll be on the next calender date. It's July 1st up here. *smiles brightly* And this is the day of Canada's birth! Or as I like to say, this is when we as a people approached mother Britain and said, "We're big kids now ... can we have our own country?" and she patted us on our little heads, smiled and said, "Yes, but if you have any troubles you come straight home for help," then turned us 'round, patted our bums and sent us on our way. *laughs*

Hehehe, that's such a cute way of explaining it, but we basiocally did the same thing. What year was it though? Drafting of our Commonwealth Constitution begun in the late 19th century, was ratified by the Crown and came into effect on January 1st, 1901. So in 2001, there was a big whoo-haa about our Centenury of Federation. Despite this though, Australia day is on January 26th, which I think commemorates the landing by Cpt. Cook, and placing of the Union Jack on Australian soil in 1788. 3nodding  

WellzY
Crew

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:34 pm
WellzY
BeMuled MissBeth

Hehehe, that's such a cute way of explaining it, but we basiocally did the same thing. What year was it though? Drafting of our Commonwealth Constitution begun in the late 19th century, was ratified by the Crown and came into effect on January 1st, 1901. So in 2001, there was a big whoo-haa about our Centenury of Federation. Despite this though, Australia day is on January 26th, which I think commemorates the landing by Cpt. Cook, and placing of the Union Jack on Australian soil in 1788. 3nodding

I'm pretty well known for my characterization of events and stories. *smiles* Everyone seems to be rather fond of how I colour the details of an otherwise bland, boring, black and white issue.

And I learned something new. Now I know when Australia Day is. *big smile* Of course I think it would make more sense to be January 1st ... Oh well. One day is as good as another, I suppose. *laughs*  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:37 pm
BeMuled MissBeth
I'm pretty well known for my characterization of events and stories. *smiles* Everyone seems to be rather fond of how I colour the details of an otherwise bland, boring, black and white issue.

And I learned something new. Now I know when Australia Day is. *big smile* Of course I think it would make more sense to be January 1st ... Oh well. One day is as good as another, I suppose. *laughs*

Oh god, it's so good to see someone other than an Australian spelling colour in the correct manner. I could kiss you. 4laugh

But does July 1st celebrate Canada's independance in the same way the January 1st would apply to us, the day the Constitution came into effect?  

WellzY
Crew

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:50 pm
WellzY
BeMuled MissBeth

Oh god, it's so good to see someone other than an Australian spelling colour in the correct manner. I could kiss you. 4laugh

But does July 1st celebrate Canada's independance in the same way the January 1st would apply to us, the day the Constitution came into effect?

*giggles* I'll save you the trouble then. *kisses cheek*

And yes, it does. July 1st of ... 138 years ago Trudeau approached the Queen and she signed the Constitution which gave us our independance. As far as I'm concerned it's the one good thing he ever did for this country. I preferred the guy who consulted his dead mom and dog about affairs over Trudeau.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:53 pm
Trudeau a bad man was he? It sounds like a French name actually.  

WellzY
Crew

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:33 am
BeMuled MissBeth
*bows to the Guru* Oh my God, man ... you need to get away from the books and go out once in awhile. You're too damn brilliant ... and I feel like a farkin' moron. *laughs and huggles* You're now one of my Gods. *nod nod*

I listen to my History Teacher far too much. o___O;
I doubt there'd be that many people who have such an in depth knowledge of Ancient Greek History anyway. XD

Wellz - Mm, yus that's a better comparison, although I don't know nearly as much about Romans. >__>;;  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:17 am
WellzY
Trudeau a bad man was he? It sounds like a French name actually.

Oh, yes, he was French. *narrows eyes and grumbles* And he wasn't very nice. Let's see, one of my biggest issues is the fact that Canada used to have a military force to rival the States ... then Trudeau became the Prime Minister ... slashed the funding to our military, tore it down and declared we would be strictly peace keepers. Thanks for the a**l rape, Trudeau. I'm not exactly one of his shippers. *laughs*  

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:25 am
DNA_Guru
I listen to my History Teacher far too much. o___O;
I doubt there'd be that many people who have such an in depth knowledge of Ancient Greek History anyway. XD

Wellz - Mm, yus that's a better comparison, although I don't know nearly as much about Romans. >__>;;

History is a very exciting and interesting part of life ... too bad my History teacher in secondary school was more boring than Mr. Binns from Harry Potter. Although I'm getting rather interested in a lot of medieval history now on my own. Especially the Romantic period.

As for the Roman Empire, that was a much better comparison. They were pretty much unstopable juggernauts the lot of them. Bunch of bronze gods.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:38 am
Psh Romans deserved to die after invading Greece. Why couldn't they just leave them squabble amongst themselves. gonk  

DNA_Guru
Captain

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:00 pm
DNA_Guru
Psh Romans deserved to die after invading Greece. Why couldn't they just leave them squabble amongst themselves. gonk

Why does the US interfear in the middle-eastern area today? Resources! The areas are resource rich, if only people were smart enough to tap them that is, and less concerned about terretorial control. Ensuring stability ensures trade, growth, expansion and increases in wealth. 3nodding

MissBeth - are you kidding me? I could love to live in a neutral country, such as Switzerland. I had no idea Canada was one as well. In fact, I don't realy know any other country which is neutral. Sweden and Norway might be, as well as Finland. Although I really have no idea.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:06 am
WellzY
DNA_Guru

Why does the US interfear in the middle-eastern area today? Resources! The areas are resource rich, if only people were smart enough to tap them that is, and less concerned about terretorial control. Ensuring stability ensures trade, growth, expansion and increases in wealth. 3nodding

Greece is really....not a place of wealth. Woo olives? o_o
Seriously I have no ******** idea why the Romans even bothered. Perhaps they felt the need to take over an influential race. o__O  

DNA_Guru
Captain

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:57 pm
DNA_Guru
WellzY
DNA_Guru

Greece is really....not a place of wealth. Woo olives? o_o
Seriously I have no ******** idea why the Romans even bothered. Perhaps they felt the need to take over an influential race. o__O

Oh perhaps, like yanks of yore, they just wanted bragging rights about how much land (and how many people) they own. *tilts head*  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff