Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Lee's Christmas scarves- new scarves on page 3...gaian Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:31 am
Lychee Fruit
Using fandom as an inspiration for a scarf is a really neat idea! It must be challenging to come up with the perfect yarns and colors for them!

yes and no... some of them I knew what I wanted to do, but others I just went to the store and saw things and came up with ideas.
I like the way they are for just one person, and not every one gets the idea. rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:49 am
Lee Kushrenada
Mikono

I LOVE SIMPLY SOFT! heart It's inexpensive, soft, and comes in lots of colors. Alot of my friends think its more expensive then it is because (they say) it feels just like the baby alpaca/silk blend i was using for something a while ago.

some thing about useing it though... I don't know its just so fake, I try and use stuff with a little wool in it.
though I did just make another scarf out of it, my friends mom got the yarn and asked me to make a striped scarf out of it.
I still have to weave in all the ends stressed God how I hate weaving.

Eh, being me, with no job, no money and no real way of earning it, i have NO problems giving my friends things made with cheap yarns. They are very much of the opinion that if i made it for them and it feels good, who gives a crap if its 100% silk or 100% acrylic?

Though now that i've been using nicer yarns, i fully want to keep using them. www.knitpicks.com is my friend. mrgreen  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:32 pm
new scarves:
some of you may have heard me talking about a silk scarf that I was knitting from resicoled silk kimono's and floor mats that I was making for my teacher, well here it is.
sorry for the crapy photo.
User Image

next is a scarf that I knitted for my best friends other little sister.
its suposed to look like knitted "darkness"....once again a kingdom hearts thing... don't ask.
User Image

this scarf is for their mom, who is just like my mom, so I knitted her this nice wool scarf.
User Image
User Image

after I knitted the one for her... I really wanted to make one for me out of the same yarn, and I have wanted to try seed stitch, witch I have never really done, so this is a scarf that I'm makking for me for Christmas. mrgreen
User Image
User Image

well that's all.....for now. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:52 pm
horray!
*picks not so immaginary flag up from where it fell off her lamp and waves it around a little*
I love the look of the silk one.  

I be me
Vice Captain

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:38 am
*dies* You knit so fast... compared to me.... maybe i spend too much time on gaia and cuddling with the gf to get scarfs done fast... *thinks for a moment* naww... i just knit slow.

I like the darkness one, though i think the tassles could use a little more of the dark. Did you use Boa yarn in that one?

*glomps* i heart that you make scarves for your friends mom too. mad d people think its strange when i do it. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:09 am

..scarves..
~O:
<3

They all look so lovely.
I adore the pink one.
..and the water one..
..and the one that's for your teacher... <.< >.>

.Frivolous.Maverick.

firrantello

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:51 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Lee, what kind of yarn is that grey in the second batch? I love it!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:39 pm
You are SO cool now!
I love the silk one, it's totally awesome! And the seed stitch one looks like it's coming out great too!  

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:00 pm
Oooh... recycled silk. I've been wanting some of that for a while, but I wouldn't know what to knit with it.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:43 pm
hay every one, sorry I have not been around, the other day I had a 10 hour day, and then our power went out for over 30 hours, and then I was working all day today.
I be me: yay flag! mrgreen

Mikono: I do knit fast, I knit about 3 scarves every 10 days when I'm trying, and with Christmas comeing up, I am trying.

firrantello: its made with wool, I got it at my local yarn store, its really nice and its only 17.50 for over 400 yards.

storyfromthestars: thank you, I'm done with the seed stitch one, I'm having fun wearing it around today... its my love of walking around my town with a new scarf on every day. xd they don't call me the kingof scarves for nothing!

fell I'm working on another 2 scarves that need to be done before Xmas, witch should not be a problem.
I allso just got the fabric to sow a math-robe for my sister.
after that I still need to make the kimono, but I have to find a brokade that I can aford. xp  

Lee Kushrenada

Sammirah

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:44 pm
Those are all such lovely scarves! The first and last are my faves, tho I'd snatch them all from you given the chance.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:30 pm
oh, thank you.
well I'm about 1/3 done with the one for my sister, have to have that done before the week end, but I don't see it taking any longer than thursday.  

Lee Kushrenada

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:39 pm
yes yes I know...I'm crazy but once again I've made another scarf.
this one is for my sister.
and Lemon was more than happy to show it off, Lemon was allway one of my favorit plushes, as my favorit color has allways been yellow.
you can't really tell in this photo but he's bright yellow, the colors of the scarf are the same though. 3nodding
User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:18 pm
*claps for you*

*gifts you while i'm at it*

:MRGREEN:  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:13 pm
sank you. 3nodding

well now I'm just working on sowing my sister's bath robe....I forgot how much I hate cutting and pinning patterns. stressed  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff