Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
in the view of goths and drugs..... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kohanna13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:51 am
I used to smoke cloves when I was stressed or angry (til big sis made me quit stressed ) I drink and I occasionly smoke weed (not much) but every group has the drug and non-drug users.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:56 am
Most people I know think that most of the goths smoke, do drugs and are alcoholics. But most goths I know don't smoke, don't do drugs and only drink alcoholic drinks once in a while.

I have never smoked and have never done drugs eventhough I live in the Netherlands where (soft)drug use is legal. And I also don't drink alcoholic drinks because I have tried so many drinks but they always made me feel sick, when I only take a n** of it.

So I guess I'm really strait edge.  

Disease of the Flesh

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:49 pm
Demon princess of Love
I don't think drugs are at all part of Goth. I think that there are goths who do drugs, but there are people from almost all subcultures that do drugs.

I personally stay away from them. I don't see a point or need for them in my life.
Amen.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:53 pm
thedarcnessinside
What are your views of goths and drugs?

I know it varies from person to person, BUT in my experience goths are more into booze/weed (mostly booze) that other harder drugs like crack or herion, thank god (E and speed don't count as drugs, I reckon, and weed is pretty much cordial but with giggling instead of bouncing).

Also, smoking is a redundent issue and here's why- everyone* smokes. People smoke. Be it goths, chavs, preps, punks, cheerleaders or rocket scientists (which my step dad actually is). That clover cigarette fad though- don't let that s**t suck you in. It might be 'goth thing'(I heard that it's a total goth thing somwhere) but it tastes like s**t. And so do real smokes, by the way (I smoke). Lets be honest- clove smokes are just for show. Smooth Green Iced Apple cigarettes are the way of the future**.

*Lots of people. Not actually everyone, but the sentence flows better if I say that.
**I really like them. Don't smoke.

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

blackfoxi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:58 pm
it just annoys me how some people relate something negative to a subculture they don't understand. ah, but i bet you've heard this rant enough already.
i've never done any, then again, i tend to prove all stereotypes wrong.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:09 pm
I'm not into drugs because I just don't see the point to using them. Alongside that, given how my body operates, I don't think I'd do well on drugs. Hell, if I take a dose of freaking Benadryl, I act for a complete nut for about 24 hours afterwards... overall my body and chemichles don't mix well... sweatdrop  

DreamerSpirit

-Isel-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:14 pm
spooky_sez
(E and speed don't count as drugs, I reckon,

Oh my god. mad  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:49 pm
Personaly, I don't smoke or do drugs, I don't want to get myself that easily dammages my brain. I'll occasionally drink with family but not to often. and it doesn't matter what lifestyle you fit into, others around you may do thoes things and others may not. It is not a trait among one sub-culture  

nikia kitty

Kohanna13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:56 pm
That clover cigarette fad though- don't let that s**t suck you in. It might be 'goth thing'(I heard that it's a total goth thing somwhere) but it tastes like s**t. And so do real smokes, by the way (I smoke). Lets be honest- clove smokes are just for show. Smooth Green Iced Apple cigarettes are the way of the future**.
I actually enjoyed cloves. I didn't know that it was a 'goth thing' when I tried them but they were lovely. Maybe its just the brand?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:13 pm
Drugs are in every culture., not just goth.
I've never done drugs but I have wanted to try herion  

DarkPhsycotic

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:45 pm
I'd rather not see the two together, but I'm not about to get on a soap box about it.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:08 pm
Well Im Straight Edge But I Mostly Do Weed And Acid At Times...I Quit When I Want But Recently Quit CAuse It Messes With My Voice And Im The Singer In My Band So YEah....But I Like To Drink....And I Do Shrooms At Times With My Smoking/Drinking Buddie Veronica So YEah!!!  

DinosaurusLexx

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:44 pm
Lexx_the_Vexx
Well Im Straight Edge But I Mostly Do Weed And Acid At Times...I Quit When I Want But Recently Quit CAuse It Messes With My Voice And Im The Singer In My Band So YEah....But I Like To Drink....And I Do Shrooms At Times With My Smoking/Drinking Buddie Veronica So YEah!!!

Can you really call yourself "straight edge" when you indulge/indulged in four mind altering substances?

neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:27 pm
I don't use drugs, but I have known alot of people who have, including my aunt, my dad, my cousins, some of my friends, and my ex-boyfriend who have used  

Beatngufan

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:31 pm
I don't do drugs because A) it's bad for your voice and I'm looking for a career in musical theatre, and B) my school is overflowing with junkies and indulgers. I'd rather have complete control over the little sanity I have.

That being said, I've been a second-hand smoker (meaning I've inhaled cigarette smoke involuntarily) from a young age because of family and the idiots at my school.

I'm curious about alcohol, but there's a history of "bad reactions" to alcohol in my family, so I'm going to avoid any substances (legal or illegal) that mess with my head

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff