Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: On No, They Didn't!! :: Things You Don't Like About Shojo Beat :.
Topic on How Much Backstage Prince Sucks. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Backstage Prince
  Sucks
  Is okay..
  I don't read it.
  ITS AMAZING I HATE YOUU.
View Results

Asano Rain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:45 am
I agree, I didn't like Backstage Prince at all and rejoiced when it ended its run in Shojo Beat (same with Yume Kira Dream Shoppe, actually). -___-+

I thought it had mediocre characters, a mediocre, cookie-cutter romance (with the difference of having a Kabuki background, which was admittedly the most interesting part of this manga), and mediocre artwork. In short, everything was mediocre and it excelled in nothing particular.

It's true that there are many high school romance stories that follow the same, formulaic pattern, but those are rather stale too unless it has something that's redeeming about it, be it excellent characters, great artwork, etc. There are manga that I love for no explainable reason... sadly, Backstage Prince is not one of them.

The only thing about this manga that made it remotely readable to me was the fact that Kabuki was used as a backdrop, other than that, trash pile or bathroom reading material.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:46 am
Well.
I gotta disagee me and my friend like Backstage prince. The story was cute and Akari was cute. she was actully a girl i liked in a shojo for once cause mostly the girls in Shojo's annoy me. but she was really sweet and she stood up for what she belived in. she was a great herione. as far as the story goes. i liked how it went into Kabuki Theartor. i liked it that's all i gotta say.

It was a cute story~ to me anyway.

Mabye it was a rushed story because it was a one shot. it could have. spread to about 5 manga's.
i found that it being 2. shortned it to much

KindledIiwi

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:54 am
I agree. I normally don't like manga heroines either, but Akari was nice 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:37 am
Well I have to agree with this one . I was really disapointed because it was only 2 volumes D= I hate short series ...  

Porcelain Rabbit Doll

The Committee Staff Genius

1,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
.: On No, They Didn't!! :: Things You Don't Like About Shojo Beat :.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games