Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 15: Fantasy Land
Topic - This Is The Land I Live In ....Fantasy Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Sapphira]

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:48 pm
The princess finally reached her room and sighed contentedly. Her room was filled with pictures of landscapes of the entire country. Situated around the room were flowers of all different colors and types. Off to the far side was a rather large bed that had purple covers and ten of the softest pillows that were ever made. In the far right hand corner was a small table devoted to papers and quills. The princess when she entered the room turned to the left and put her book away.

The entire part of the corner was a giant bookcase, filled with books of all shapes and sizes. It reached to the top of the ceiling. The princess patted the book case lovingly, then walked to her bed. The walls of the room had been enchanted to look like a forest, and the ceiling, or the branches of the trees, swayed slightly with the wind. Next to the bed was a screen and a mirror. The princess walked past these and gently sat on the bed. She kicked off her shoes and laid down on the bed and decieded to take a nap before dinner.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:20 am
The princess awoke with a smile on her face. She yawned and stretched before she summoned the courage to get out of bed. The princess wanted to be well rested for her meeting tonight. The princess looked up and smiled brilliantly. Her handmaid was there to help her get dressed. The handmaid was a dryad. Her tree was a dogwood tree, and as she walked little petals flew from her silver hair.

"Hello Syliana," the princess said as she allowed the dryad to undress her. "How are you today?"

"Quite well, princess," Syliana responded in a lyrical voice. "Your father requested that you wear this tonight." The dryad showed the princess the dres that her father had picked out.

"Father obviously knows about my plans," the princess said as she began to giggle. "My Father is certainly all knowing."

"He truly is," Syliana agreed. "Now, hold still as I help you with this dress."  

[Sapphira]

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100

Melancholosophy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:14 pm
Wow...*nods at Sapphira, ordering her to continue* blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:18 am
When the princess stood at the top of the staircase, she knew that absolutely nothing could ruin this night. The ball room was decorated festively, celebrating the 100th anniversery of the land being free from the reign of the terrible witch of the north, Ugiol. The ball room was lit, with the help of the faeries, in dancing lights that blinked and glowed upon the chandilers that hung on the high ceiling. The walls were of a strange stone that vibrated white light from them. The staircase and the floor as well was made of this material. All of the nobles were on the floor, dancing to the fast tune that the musicians were performing.

The princess found her father quickly. He was dancing with a duchess in the middle of the floor. The princess observed all of this from behind a veil that hid her from sight. Her father happened to glance up, and even though the princess knew he couldn't see her, she could have sworn that he winked at her.

"It is time, princess."

The princess smiled, and entered at the top of the staircase.  

[Sapphira]

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100

Melancholosophy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:01 am
Oooh, an anniversary ball? Quite well thinking, Sapphira... wink
You wouldn't happen to have written this story beforehand, would you...?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:02 pm
[No, I didn't write this story before hand wink ]

The princess stepped through the veil and everyone below her stopped. The princess, walking down the staircase with the grace of a faerie, smiled and nodded at the people below her. Her dress trailed behind her a couple inches. Her dress was a light blue and shimmered in the bright light. The dress was form fitting and the cut on the the neck swooped. The sleeves were long and hung slightly at the princess's wrist. Her left hand lightly touched the banister, revealing a silver ring upon her right hand. She wore a decidedly simple necklace and delicate earings. Her hair was in an intricate pattern that displayed a small tiara. Her small white shoes showed as she stepped down the staircase.

As she finished making her slow descent down the stairs, the king walked over to her and kissed her on her cheek.

"My daughter, Princess Ariella!"  

[Sapphira]

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100

Purple dragon lady

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:14 pm
Time moves in a spiral
Sorry to interrupt, [Sapphira]-san, but I have my own bit of fantasyland to describe...

There was once a solar system that housed a wonderful civilization.
Nalg was the desert planet, and the poorest. Many minerals were mined there, but some of the most beautiful landscapes were preserved in parks. In one of these there was a simple villa where the ruler's family lived. Their young servant would one day be called Lord Desert, Desert Man, or just plain Desert.
Many rich people lived on Xiaon. It was a temperate planet, filled with scenic mountains and rugged forests. The cherry, oak, and maple trees were the most common. The castles of the rich closely resemble the old Japanese fortresses. One younger daughter of a prominent family would someday be called Lady Kimono.
Yik was where most of the food was grown. It was a beautiful farming planet. Two young women would one day become Sachi of the masks and Zaria the mad artist.
A race of travelers and traders known as Gaain Leep traded in between towns, regions, and even planets. One of their children would become Kaida, the dragon lady.
Most of the ordinary people lived in the giant space stations that used the space that the planets weren't. Two young men, Sandro and Fisk, would one day found the giant space station Immortality's Bane and Blessing.
One station was known as Academy. The negatively arching halls were softly carpeted, and nearly all voiced were hushed. (Those that weren't, were swiftly disciplined.) Generations of scholars lived there, sometimes accepting new faces. One young student was Teneil, who would join the rest that I have mentioned in greatness.
always going forward, yet repeating itself.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:31 pm
[Go for it Purple dragon lady- I loved your description. I would love to keep reading your all ready fascinating story. I will be nice to read some one else's work, rather than my own! blaugh )

Ariella gave a deep curtsey to the room and turned to smile at her father. She took his hand and he took her to the center of the dance floor. Ariella winked at her father, then took a serious face as the musicians began to play a waltz. The king returned the wink, then began to lead Ariella in a complicated waltz.  

[Sapphira]

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100

Melancholosophy

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:09 am
Wow, Purple Dragon Lady, you sure know how to write a story, too! wink
But please continue, Sapphira... please? blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:06 am
Yes, Sapphira-san, continue! And so will I.

Anyway, this civlization was at the height of its greatest cycle when disaster struck. A dark being, rebelling from the normal idea in that place that dark is equal to peice and quiet and sweet solitude, started to sow(sp?) hate and fear in the hearts of the people, as well as causing many natural disasters. The noble's faithful retainers on Xiaon turned on their masters. Things started going wrong with the great space stations. The Gaain Leep's domestacated animals turned vicious and their goods started misterously dissapearing. Panic attacks ran rampant and suicide rates went way up on the Academy. On Yik volcanos erupted in previously flat plains and crops misteriously caught fire. Rebellions on Nalg killed the overseers of the mines and other leaders. The rebels then turned their weapons on themselves.
In the midst of all this, the system's star began to change. The influence of the dark being began to bring it closer to its death, for even stars die. The people, caught up in their struggles, didn't notice until too late. The star imploded, and destroied the planets and everyone on them.
...Well, nearly everyone.
Desert Man, Lady Kimono, Kaida, Sandro and Fisk, Teneil, and Sachi and Zaria eventually gathered where the star once was. They discovered that each of them were now immortal, being unable to die or age. Even the death of a star could not seperate their souls from their bodies.
Sachi, who's face had been so scared that anyone who looked on it would become a mindless vegtable (except Zaria), and Zaria, who had been cursed with the knowldege of literally all things in the vast universes. They went their way sepreate from the others, searching for a way to revive their beloved homeland.
The others, Desert Man, Teniel, Kaida, Lady Kimono, and Sandro and Fisk, formed a partnership to prevent the dark spirit from ever doing this agian.
But the dark spirit hadn't completely succeeded in destroying this civilation. The possibility of humans, and human like beings (read: elves, dwarves, angels, etc.) was scattered across the universes. (This is why there are humans EVERYWHERE in my stories.)

More comming soon!  

Purple dragon lady

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

[Sapphira]

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:10 pm
[it's s-n-o-w. You were close! Good work!]

As Ariella twirled in her Father's arms, she smiled at him brilliantly.

"So, about this meeting at 6 o'clock," her Father said with a smile.

"Dad," Ariella giggled as she twirled out and spun back into his arms. "You don't mind, do you?"

"Of course not," he chuckled. "Just be back before midnight, and make sure that-"

"I'm not seen leaving," Ariella finished for her Father. "I promise. You know that this is not my first time doing to do this."

"That does not stop a Father from worrying," he answered as he bowed to Ariella when the song ended.

"I know," Ariella smiled. "I will be as careful as ever." After she curtsied to her Father, she began to mingle with her people.  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:10 am
Ooooh, a meeting at 6 o'clock? Sounds interesting... blaugh

(And by the way, I think Purple Dragon Lady was correct by saying s-o-w, as I believe she meant 'to sow hate and fear in the hearts of the people...' wink )  

Melancholosophy

[Sapphira]

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:00 pm
Sorry. No inspiration for today. Long tough week at school/my personal life. I try again tomorrow! heart  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:49 am
Ariella talked gayly to the courtiers around her, keeping them entertained with some of her misadventures. A young boy came running up to Ariella and threw his arms around her waist. Ariella laughed as she picked up the seven year old boy.

"And how are you, young Joram?"

"Excellent, thank you Princess Ariella," the boys said seriously as he bowed awkwardly in Ariella's arms. "And how are you?"

"I am equally as excellent," Ariella said, matching the boy's seriousness. "Ladies and gentlemen, this is Joram. He is the son of my Father's advisor."

The men and women in the immediate area bowed to Joram slightly, chuckling at the young boy.

"If you will excuse me," Ariella said with a smile, "I will go find his father now."  

[Sapphira]

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100

[Sapphira]

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:44 pm
"Are you ready for our trip?" Ariella asked Joram.

"Yes!" he whispered excitedly.

"Meet me on the terrace in two minutes," Ariella whispered conspiritorilly.

"Ok," Joram answered as he squirmed to get down. Ariella smiled after the small child running away.  
15: Fantasy Land

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff