Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
MY LIFE IS A BURNING BLACK ABYSS Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NINJA SAD STYLE:
  BOO HOO NO JUTSU.
  STFU EMO NINJA.
View Results

CrabappleRed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:42 pm
Yeah. Sasuke suffered from a horrible trauma as a kid, as well as deliberate psychological torture at the nads of someone he trusted. That bound to screw anyone up. That it happened to him when he was so young makes it even worse.

I feel Sasuke is a classic casse of PTSS: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrom. A lot of war vetrans suffer from it as well. After something that big shocks you system, your mind is simply unable to let go. He can't just "get over it". Probably he will never "get over it", because he can't. It's in too deep. It's become the center of who he is, and breaking away from that will leave him with nothing.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:50 pm
CrabappleRed
Yeah. Sasuke suffered from a horrible trauma as a kid, as well as deliberate psychological torture at the nads of someone he trusted. That bound to screw anyone up. That it happened to him when he was so young makes it even worse.

I feel Sasuke is a classic casse of PTSS: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrom. A lot of war vetrans suffer from it as well. After something that big shocks you system, your mind is simply unable to let go. He can't just "get over it". Probably he will never "get over it", because he can't. It's in too deep. It's become the center of who he is, and breaking away from that will leave him with nothing.

I've thought the same thing, actually: Sasuke shows a lot of the symptoms of PTSD, and it would make sense. Witnessing mass murder and being tortured with it would be enough to permanently scar anybody, I think, which is why it always bugs me when Sasuke gets slapped with the "emo" label. xd  

mofoslotmachine

CrabappleRed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:46 pm
mofoslotmachine

I've thought the same thing, actually: Sasuke shows a lot of the symptoms of PTSD, and it would make sense. Witnessing mass murder and being tortured with it would be enough to permanently scar anybody, I think, which is why it always bugs me when Sasuke gets slapped with the "emo" label. xd

I don't mind it as a joke, but as a serious take on his personality? Nope, nuh-uh, not working. You can call Sasuke a lot of things, immature, selfish and obsessive amoung them, but you can't call him emo in all seriousness.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:35 pm
CrabappleRed

Magical how NO ONE questions your ideas on who has diseases and what not. I said similar things about Shikamaru, they made sense, and people totally flamed me for it. What makes me any different?

I said he seems to have a slight anxiety disorder. And everyone flipped.  

Syndactyly

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:38 pm
I also love how everyone tries their absolute best to disagree with my threads. If Verd posted it you would've agreed with her.

Here comes Verd, saying, "I'd NEVER post something so IDIOTIC."

I already explained I wasn't using emo in the context of "pathetic, crying for no reason," but for the symptoms of such, "pathetic and crying."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:40 pm
Shikalee
CrabappleRed

Magical how NO ONE questions your ideas on who has diseases and what not. I said similar things about Shikamaru, they made sense, and people totally flamed me for it. What makes me any different?

Because that's silly, whereas Sasuke having PTSD is not.

And you're right, if I had made this thread, I would have used emo in the "whiny for petty reasons" way.

HWy are you always keen to jump at me? You act like they're an army of drones mindlessly following me around or something. sad  

Captain Verd

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:40 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee
CrabappleRed

Because that's silly, whereas Sasuke having PTSD is not.

And you're right, if I had made this thread, I would have used emo in the "whiny for petty reasons" way.

HWy are you always keen to jump at me? You act like they're an army of drones mindlessly following me around or something. sad
Why. :] I gave evidence. And a lot more people agreed than disagreed. You guys just have something against me.

Because you're always the first to take the bait.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:51 pm
If alot more people agreed that disagreed, why are you getting so touchy about it?

Take the bait for what? Retardation? I guess I do stand up for what's the smart thing to do.

Are we correcting typos now? Does this mean every time you make a spelling mistake I can correct you on it? Because you make alot of those.  

Captain Verd

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:38 pm
Captain Verd
If alot more people agreed that disagreed, why are you getting so touchy about it?

Take the bait for what? Retardation? I guess I do stand up for what's the smart thing to do.

Are we correcting typos now? Does this mean every time you make a spelling mistake I can correct you on it? Because you make alot of those.
Touchy, no. I just asked why everyone nodded and applauded hers. It's OBVIOUSLY because you HATE me. It's the only reason.

No. You always are the first to snap at me. At least they have the decency to think it out for a few minutes.

I don't know what the hell you're talking about. If anything in your post changed, it was my spellcheck. YOU are the one who needs to stop being touchy.

Oh, I put a period where it didn't belong. It was, "Why, I gave evidence." It had nothing to do with your spelling. And interjection.

And correct me if you want. It would be actually somewhat useful. Since you think I suck at English, perhaps you could "help" me improve. But we all know you wouldn't want to do something that didn't irritate the hell out of me.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:44 pm
Shikalee
Captain Verd

Touchy, no. I just asked why everyone nodded and applauded hers. It's OBVIOUSLY because you HATE me. It's the only reason.

No. You always are the first to snap at me. At least they have the decency to think it out for a few minutes.

I don't know what the hell you're talking about. If anything in your post changed, it was my spellcheck. YOU are the one who needs to stop being touchy.

Oh, I put a period where it didn't belong. It was, "Why, I gave evidence." It had nothing to do with your spelling. And interjection.

And correct me if you want. It would be actually somewhat useful. Since you think I suck at English, perhaps you could "help" me improve. But we all know you wouldn't want to do something that didn't irritate the hell out of me.
Why do you keep making personal statements about me? Every time you get really upset and cry-ey or whatever, I stop, because you actually get upset over this stuff and I feel bad. You call us all bitches for it, and then five minutes later you're out trying to suck my blood or something. Dude, if you like being picked on, I'll do it all the time, but if you really, seriously want me to stop making fun of you for being so retarded, you should stop provoking me. biggrin

I used to do that alot, until you started accusing me of making the arguements about semantics, and being a jerk because you didn't spell something correctly. Make up yer mind woman, sheesh.  

Captain Verd

puzzleman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:52 pm
soo much text couldn't possibly survive if i must read the much  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:15 pm
puzzleman
soo much text couldn't possibly survive if i must read the much
The pain of reading. I know how it feels, my brother.  

Captain Verd

mofoslotmachine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:06 am
Shikalee
Captain Verd

Everyone? confused I was the only person who said I agreed with her, and that's because it's something I've thought about before. Usually diagnosing characters with psychological problems doesn't interest me in the slightest, but Sasuke really does have a lot of classic PTSD symptoms, and he has a hell of a lot of bashers who'll call him emo without really thinking about it. I wouldn't know enough about anxiety disorders to take that seriously.

And if you think that the only reason someone can possibly disagree with you and agree with someone else on an unrelated subject is because they hate you, then I don't think we'll ever be able to get along at all, because I disagree with my friends on a regular basis. As does Verd from time to time, I've noticed.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:09 am
Captain Verd
Shikalee
Captain Verd

Why do you keep making personal statements about me? Every time you get really upset and cry-ey or whatever, I stop, because you actually get upset over this stuff and I feel bad. You call us all bitches for it, and then five minutes later you're out trying to suck my blood or something. Dude, if you like being picked on, I'll do it all the time, but if you really, seriously want me to stop making fun of you for being so retarded, you should stop provoking me. biggrin

I used to do that alot, until you started accusing me of making the arguements about semantics, and being a jerk because you didn't spell something correctly. Make up yer mind woman, sheesh.
Bullshit. There's no end for you.

Which you were. You used it as evidence to call me stupid. =/  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:11 am
Hey man, if you want me to I will, and that's the truth. If you don't want me to, I won't, but I'd have to ask the same of you. BUT SINCE apparently you like getting picked on, that's cool.

So I...can't correct your spelling mistakes?  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff