Reply ~ Main Forum ~
How do your relatives react? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Redwing~Shadow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:11 pm
I only live with my mother and sister, and i dont really dress much black but either way i have a dark kind of style. My mom doesnt care, and my sister throws a b***h fit for how I decorate and burn insence and candles in my room. She also trys to put me down when I am dressed in dark colors and to her i look evil, but why should I care, I really dress with much free care, and I honestly dress in whatever I feel like wearing, I dont consider my self a goth, but I still get the idea Im like one because of my personality.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:52 pm
Eh my mom says I dress weird when I wear my black outfits, I says mom look around nowdays, things have changed.  

D_D Laris

MysteryCross

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:27 am
My mom and dad don't care really, but my dad is kinda against it.... I'm 19 and old enough to do things on my own, including dress and act like I want. He definately doesn't want me to date anyone really emo or goth at all!! XP He doesn't like guys with any tattoos, no body piercings, and not ******** up attitude.... And that's exactly how I like'em! lol [except yes, they do have to respect my family...] It kinda sucks though.... crying But since I'm living in the dorms now and in college, that rule no long applies.... hehe XD  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:21 pm
my grandpa calls me a vampire, my grandma says im sadistic, my parents say i dress too grundgy or dark its an ongoing list.  

helloxcthulhu

O.G. Bloodsucker

8,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Paula with Love

OG Member

6,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • 1 Win 50
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:40 am
My grandma said that i am pretty in my corset...
My dad doesn't care.
My uncle thinks that i look like a dracula version female.(because my skin was pale ....i was wearing black and red)
My mom said that i look depressing
My dad doens't care
My aunt thinks that i am cool
xd 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:17 pm
When I first dressed gothy my mom wouldn't go out of the house with me and my dad branded me a satanist.. being into witchcraft didn't help either.
Now my mom just deals with it and my dad.. wont ever change but he leaves me alone to get on with it xd  

Ekrund

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:30 pm
Mine were dissapointed... when I stopped being a goth to become a metaller, but they were supportive through the transition. smile

Incase your wondering, my mums a goth.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:42 pm
my reletives dont know that im wiccan/half goth. i havent seen them in almost 2 years, and i used to be scared of being hated for not being a christian.  

distantflame

Sanddru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:59 pm
They either say 'You look great!'

or they dont mention it at all

surprised

Just like they would with anyone else with whatever else style

And my grandmother loves my corset xD

I know my mother is proud of me for just looking how I want to

I get alot of stares on the street
But like.. 90% of them are 'approving' stares actually

its rare someone looks at me with disgust or such

So yeah, there really is no problem at all heart

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:22 pm
`Heaven
Usually when I go and see my relatives, and I'm dressed in all black, they just randomly stare at me, and go..."Why are you dressed like that? You're not gothic are you? You don't worship satan now do you? Hahahahaha....."

Really though, my question is "Why do they make such a big deal out of it, and think it's funny we have our own 'style'? (I guess you can say)

Discuss:
How do your relatives (aunt,uncle,grandparents,etc) react when they see you?

Answer to your question is...becuase ven though Goths arent all bad like in every group, culture and what not... there is always the bad ones.

there are going to be those who are into satanism, there are going to be those who decied to shoot people in schools. and for many other reason. Becuase Some one that is What we call or even socity may sterotypicaly call gothic does something they dont like, or accept, or even something that even most would say is horrible to do, well then I sopos they all asume Goth is like conferting to a big cult or somthing and we are all going to be miserabel bad asses or something. I not sure.

I guess what im saying is few ppl ruin it for us all, but you cant even blame it all on them becuase the world is scared of *Deifference*.  

Crazy_Vamp666

91_green bottles

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:52 am
My nan says to her friends etc, that I'm "one of those goths, you know." with some weird knowing look... they dont really mind, but that creeps meout a little.0_o  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:45 pm
Well... my family already knows that I'm weird. But when I see them, I wear more of my Dublin gear.

They're actually more worried that I'm going to start a pollitical movment that will most likely have me shot, than worshiping the devil.

Though I hear that real satainest don't believe the devil was evil, but instead misunderstood. I'm not sure, I'm COMPLETELY ignorant on the subject, so I won't prod it anymore.

SO YEAH! My celtic rocker gear is what I wear around my family. Or just buisness attire.  

Silly_Doll

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:48 pm
invader_kenzie
my grandpa calls me a vampire, my grandma says im sadistic, my parents say i dress too grundgy or dark its an ongoing list.

My parents do the same.....  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:51 pm
My mom can give a rat's a** anymore honestly.
Everyone else gives the usual "WTF?" effect.
I don't mind it.
My style. They have a problem, they better learn to accept.
My mother's been trying almost 16 years to change me to no effect. She's given up and accepted me for who and what I am now.
If I won't change for her, it's pretty clear I won't change for anyone else, no matter who that person is.

Nero PsyKoTiX

DestinysPawn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:12 pm
Most of my family is okay with it, but my grandparents crack jokes about it and tell my mom all im gonna do is cause her trouble. I just laugh and say damn rites, that usually shuts them up.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff