Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply _The Agora_ ! Art ! Focused Discussion ! Debate ! *Under Construction*
Daily Discussions: Your Not-So-Daily Discussion! (Updated!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:26 pm
Empathic Abilities? I've got those. Mine are a very strong tune to the Emotional Frequencies of anyone I'm around, and I used to have the hardest time not collapsing from Emotional Overload, even though none were mine. It was ridiculous.
Here's something. You can't use it all the time, because you'll overload your mental abilities, and such. (Not sure what happens, I think its different for everyone...)
Anyways, you can imagine a protective bubble around yourself that keeps other people's emotions either away or at a managable level (your choice). Just picture the bubble around you, imagining it as something you can expand and shrink at will. When you need to, you can pull it all the way close to you, or if you are in a relaxed enviornment, you can let it widen to a reasonable circumfrence around you. Just make sure you envision it before you go out, so that you know its there.

But I was at the point where I would simply walk past a house and be struck by a crazy amount of emotion. A friend taught me to do it that way, and I feel a lot better now. I can let my abilities run loose when I feel its safe, and keep them contained to a designated area when there's too much. [nods]

But my power's always been strong. I never trained it, it simply grew as I did. When I was young, I would be able to know when something was wrong, or how much what I was doing mad my mom sad or angry or happy... I knew. And as I got older, it would tune to my Teachers Emotions, and the Principle. For the most part, I got fear, condemnation, and hatred.
Fear, because I had a tendency to flip desks (sometimes I didn't even have to touch them...)
Condemnation, because I was always ahead of my class, but I didn't like listening to my teachers, kept to myself, and often did thing my own way, without listening to what anyone had to say.
Hatred because I was my own, unique person, I did things different, I thought different, and I didn't need them to figure things out. (In fact, they even placed me in the class for slow kids, because the larger classes distracted me with too much Emotion...)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:32 am
No empathic abilities what-so-ever to speak of! Well, I've the general understanding body language and such, and sometimes I can feel and emotion that been pressed into an area, but only if it's with an underlying energy imprint.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:42 am
I tend to be more empathic that others, especially around my family, but I haven't had any overwhelming experiences.

Well, not to my knowledge; I tend to be easily overwhelmed for no logical reason at times. Thank you, anxiety! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:09 pm
I''m empathetic, but I grew up in an abusive home, and very quickly learned how to sheild it. I can feel the energy/emotions coming off others, but they don''t bother me. I use this to my advantage to either stay out of the way of people who are really pissed off, or piss them off some more (Prod the fire so to speak) depending on my mood. twisted  

Morrigan78

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:44 pm
Morrigan78
I''m empathetic, but I grew up in an abusive home, and very quickly learned how to sheild it. I can feel the energy/emotions coming off others, but they don''t bother me. I use this to my advantage to either stay out of the way of people who are really pissed off, or piss them off some more (Prod the fire so to speak) depending on my mood. twisted

That's harsh and cruel!!! gonk

Run for president 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:41 pm
Atma311
Morrigan78

That's harsh and cruel!!! gonk

Run for president 3nodding

You mean Emporis of the universe... right? Mwahahahaha! lol  

Morrigan78

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:40 am
Empathy, eh? I can read people well, but I think I'd call that simply that and not empathy. My mom is this frighteningly uncanny judge of character and I think that I picked up some of that from her. ... if only I listened to what my intuition tells me about people more often, that is. xd Having taken some upper-level college psych courses doesn't hurt either. Helps you avoid the fundamental attribution error; aka, attributing too much of how a person acts to personality and not enough to sittuation.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:49 am
New Discussion!

*crash* It happened. You knocked over the portrait on the wall and glass shattered. The teacher couldn't see who did it, but had it narrowed down to 4 people, including you and your best friend. No one else saw you do it, so you can make up a lie to get yourself out of it. You feed the teacher the story and it works, however your best friend gets in serious trouble, bad enough that you don't really want to confess.

Describe what's on your conscience.
Also, explain the story you told the teacher, and what you you said to your best friend afterward (remember, he/she doesn't know YOU really did it)

Quadadiddle
Crew

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:10 am
Quadadiddle
New Discussion!

*crash* It happened. You knocked over the portrait on the wall and glass shattered. The teacher couldn't see who did it, but had it narrowed down to 4 people, including you and your best friend. No one else saw you do it, so you can make up a lie to get yourself out of it. You feed the teacher the story and it works, however your best friend gets in serious trouble, bad enough that you don't really want to confess.

Describe what's on your conscience.
Also, explain the story you told the teacher, and what you you said to your best friend afterward (remember, he/she doesn't know YOU really did it)

Hah. Null question for me, I never would have lied in the first place. I would have simply explained it was an accident and that would be that. Accidents happen, ya know. And being in college, the worst that would happen is that I'd have to pay to replace the portrait, if even that. The professors around here are pretty nice and forviging.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:16 pm
Completely depends on the circumstances. I'm at the point where I would tell the truth if something happened like that. I mean, when you're honest, the worst that can happen (like Starlock said) is you have to pay for it... and maybe get scolded sweatdrop  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:10 pm
Oooo, I really couldn't find myself in that situation. I've made concious efforts to take responsiblity for matters.

And I know most teachers wouldn't get mad at me because I'm in such good standing. blaugh

But yeah, I'd probably go nuts if I did that, and break down and said that I actually did it, but was too afraid to tell the truth (or something like that).

I don't know what story I'd tell; in any case, I'd probably make it to be an accident. I don't like placing major blame on others... unless they deserve it.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:01 pm
Jameta
Oooo, I really couldn't find myself in that situation. I've made concious efforts to take responsiblity for matters.

And I know most teachers wouldn't get mad at me because I'm in such good standing. blaugh

But yeah, I'd probably go nuts if I did that, and break down and said that I actually did it, but was too afraid to tell the truth (or something like that).

I don't know what story I'd tell; in any case, I'd probably make it to be an accident. I don't like placing major blame on others... unless they deserve it.

xd  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:25 pm
~New Topic~  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:18 pm
Of course, I'd first answer with the dictionary definition (and try to say that that's the dictionary definition; I've tried to say it before, but one person wouldn't let me get a word in edge wise). Then I'd probably say something like, "But in common terms, it applies to any 'non-mainstream' faith, generally not with Abrahamic roots."

To mean, Pagan is an umbrella term that is very hard to define; it doesn't have a strict set of rules, and can be used as an 'Other' option.

Atma: What, you didn't think I'd have exceptions? blaugh  

Jameta
Captain

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:56 pm
Jameta
Of course, I'd first answer with the dictionary definition (and try to say that that's the dictionary definition; I've tried to say it before, but one person wouldn't let me get a word in edge wise). Then I'd probably say something like, "But in common terms, it applies to any 'non-mainstream' faith, generally not with Abrahamic roots."

To mean, Pagan is an umbrella term that is very hard to define; it doesn't have a strict set of rules, and can be used as an 'Other' option.

Atma: What, you didn't think I'd have exceptions? blaugh

Nah. I was just using my personal experience from my roommate asking me what Pagan meant sweatdrop  
_The Agora_ ! Art ! Focused Discussion ! Debate ! *Under Construction*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff