Fashion and makeup etc tips Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkPrincesa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:14 am
TheVampireLirel

I LOVE that site. I cant wait to play. I have a big occasion comming up and I am going to show that to the lady doing my make up!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:10 am
I don't normally say this. I purchase my eyeshadow and some eyeliner colors at Hot Topic, because they're the only place that has good neon colors around here.

So, I use the lightest shade of foundation available at Wal-mart... it's called Cover Girl TruBlend... shade 410: Classic Ivory(I'm reading it off the thing). It came in the little kit with liquid foundation, then powder. That was the one of palest they had, and that's my actual skin tone.

Anyways, so you find a tone that's either your skin tone(if you're naturally pale already), or a few tones lighter than you. I put the foundation all over my face to cover up blemishes and stuff and blend it in, then put the powder everywhere to keep it from getting greasy. I put some on my eyelids too.

Usually, I just do that and black eyeliner. I put a regular sized/slightly thicker line of the darkest black eyeliner I can find on the top lid, then under on the bottom lid about a quarter in on the outer edge. You could do as my friend does and put it on the little part of your inner eyelid, but that supposedly could ******** up your vision or create an infection.

So, if I wanna look "fancy," I mix eyeliner and eyeshadow. Try taking blues and greens, and layering them over your eyelid. Then fading them out. You put a little black and the bottom and smudge it up, and it looks badass.

I rarely wear lipstick, but when I do, I try to put a layer of clear lip gloss over it so it doesn't end up everywhere when I'm hanging out or drinking something.

Remember to always put your foundation down your neck and blend into your hairline, too. Otherwise it'll look like you're wearing a mask, and that's icky. XD

I don't do blush well. My cheekbones are kinda round, and blush just makes me look bloated instead of hollow for some reason. O.o
I just focus on the eyes and general skin. Whatever works for you, though.

2aetH

Reinik

Interstellar Abomination

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:59 pm
What's really annoying is when people trying to look pale but not making it look natural. So yes, don't end the cream and powder abruptly at your jawline, and if you have darker skin, you should choose something that's just a few shades lighter, unless you want to cover all exposed skin....

Also, don't pluck your eyebrows into tadpole shapes. Make them thin, shave them off, ok, but please no tadpoles xp  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:33 pm
Fashion Sticky
Use that sticky I linked to for these discussions.
It will be decided if this thread stays or gets locked.  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Valinda Snaggle

1,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:51 pm
One tip thats works for me pretty well is for a dynamic look go heavy or very deep with with just your lip color with some light eye shadow. Or just go heavy or very deep with your eye make up and go light with the lipstick. Not both, just one or the other. It creates a great contrast.

Heavy Lips, with lighter eyes.
http://justgirl.img.jugem.jp/20041106_1202851.jpg
http://isnoop.net/sa/granola_goth.jpg
http://www.poster.net/manson-marilyn/manson-marilyn-photo-marilyn-manson-6205603.jpg
http://www.ljplus.ru/img/m/a/mad_sharpei/lips_2.jpg

Heavy Eyes, with lither lips.
http://www.flowdistribution.ca/images/films/evelyn_the_cutest_dead_girl.jpg
http://www.style.com/slideshows/fashionshows/F2005RTW/CDIOR/DETAILS/00240f.jpg
http://takemata.smugmug.com/photos/16194981-M.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't find any better examples. But they sort of give you the idea.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:03 pm
The only thing I can say about makeup is, no matter what you're doing, don't do it half-assed. There are some things that will never look natural. So don't try to make them look natural. Try and make them look fun.  

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

LadyRaiden

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:07 pm
TheVampireLirel

.make-up.dreams.for.a.drama.queen.

I just wanted to say that this website is awesome and I love it. I've been trying to find some inpiration and help with doing my make-up as I'm organising two costume parties over the next year [one which is my home coming party, long over due, and the second is my 21st]. This website has helped me heaps...my favourite tutorial is "Harlequin" and I think I'm going to use it for my 21st.

xxFrostyxx

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:07 am
GilAskan
The number one rule of gothic make-up: DO NOT OVER-DO IT.

Stay conservative with your make-up. Don't have white skin, have pale skin. Don't have black lipstick and eyeshadow, have dark lipstick and eyeshadow.

SKIN
When it comes to getting your skin pale, absolutely (under ALL circumstances) avoid grease-paint. It's messy, cheap ("cheap" like "whorish"), never looks good (except for Halloween make-up, but that's different), and is just icky. It's also bad for your skin, as it deprives your skin of oxygen.

What looks best (make-up wise) is pressed-powder. It can be a bit messy, but if applied correctly, looks great. A light dusting all-around (and perhaps a heavier dusting on areas of the face with stronger color contrast) will look good, with occassional touch-ups every few hours. When buying pressed powder, spring for the better quality stuff. Buy NOTHING under $10. The $15-$30 range tends to be the best interms of "Quality :: Price". Don't buy those labelled "Chalk White" or "White". Go for "Pale" or "Ultra-Light" or something to that affect. Don't use talcum powder, by the way. It's bumpy.

Ultimately, however, the best looking pale skin is actual pale skin. Try to find soaps which will naturally pale your skin, such as Ultima's "Block & White". These products will make your skin naturally and consistently pale.

theres a soap that makes ur skin naturally pale?? thats awsome, where can u get it?  

destinygirl_8

AS574

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:45 pm
^Good question...

I'm really cheap so, I don't get a lot of makeup.
I like to use my eye shadow as eye linner by add a couple drops of water to a bit of lose power.
I use blush for red instead of eyeshadow, it's works better in my mind.
I do water and shadow trick for lipstick as well. I put on some black lipstick then use the shadow paste for color. Vibrant colors work best.  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:04 pm
destinygirl_8
GilAskan

Stay conservative with your make-up. Don't have white skin, have pale skin. Don't have black lipstick and eyeshadow, have dark lipstick and eyeshadow.

SKIN
When it comes to getting your skin pale, absolutely (under ALL circumstances) avoid grease-paint. It's messy, cheap ("cheap" like "whorish"), never looks good (except for Halloween make-up, but that's different), and is just icky. It's also bad for your skin, as it deprives your skin of oxygen.

What looks best (make-up wise) is pressed-powder. It can be a bit messy, but if applied correctly, looks great. A light dusting all-around (and perhaps a heavier dusting on areas of the face with stronger color contrast) will look good, with occassional touch-ups every few hours. When buying pressed powder, spring for the better quality stuff. Buy NOTHING under $10. The $15-$30 range tends to be the best interms of "Quality :: Price". Don't buy those labelled "Chalk White" or "White". Go for "Pale" or "Ultra-Light" or something to that affect. Don't use talcum powder, by the way. It's bumpy.

Ultimately, however, the best looking pale skin is actual pale skin. Try to find soaps which will naturally pale your skin, such as Ultima's "Block & White". These products will make your skin naturally and consistently pale.

theres a soap that makes ur skin naturally pale?? thats awsome, where can u get it?

http://www.pinoystores.com/product.php?store=bestseller&productid=16629&cat=0&page=1

That's one location, with a pretty good price too.

For more products, here's an entire site of skin whitening soaps, lotions, scrubs, etc:

http://www.pristinesworld.com/index.php  

GilAskan
Crew

THINK LONG AND HAARRRDD

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:52 pm
As for my make up, I'm naturally pale, so I don't worry about any powders or creams unless I'm going out or just have too much time on my hands.
But even then, go light.
NOT white.
And even if you do have darker skin, there are so many ways to look great without the white affect.
I'm not really a fan of foundation, anyway.

But I AM really big on eye make up, and I always add a little vaseline on the lid before applying anything.
I also enjoy working with powdery and loose eyeshadow, not compact, so that's definately a thing worth trying.

I work with mostly neon or dark colors, and am not a big fan of neutral. [on myself.]
So for my regular look I add the base color, then tend to go a little wilder above with the neon.
But one thing to watch for is making sure your make up is even, not blotchy or lighter in one area.

After the eyeshadow is applied, I almost always add liquid eyeliner at my lashline, how thick it is depending on what color my eyeshadow is.
I also always add some kind of 'flare' at the end, or just go for the 'cat eye' effect.
On the bottom, I don't really like adding liquid eyeliner, so I euther just use a pencil or a brush with the same eyeshadowas my base.
When expirimenting with liquid eyeliner, always practice on top and get a handle on that before you even attempt bottom.
Because a shaky hand means a hurting and red eye. neutral
Then I do subtle mascaa, and try to do a bit of shimmery powder on the tops of my lashes, but it usually falls on when I'm applying, anyway.

And then at the very top if I havn't already added a color, I add more of that shimmery silver/skin toned powder to the line by my brows, too.

I'm not very good at being perfect with both eyes, since I still have a shky left hand, but I reccomend doing the same thing at the same time.
Meaning apply eyeshadow on both eyes at the same time, not just fully doing one eye then the next.
If that made sense.

As for lips, I'm typicly subtle, but I usually add a rosy or purple-ish colored lipstick, though not too dark.
Also try mixing glosses with your current eyeshadow in use or using a similar color to you eyeshadow for a more dramatic effect.

And try not to clash make up with clothes or hair at the same time.
Meaning a purple-ish themed make up job + green clothes + orange hair = a big no-no. =D

Hope that helped?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:34 pm
Raeth+exe
I don't normally say this. I purchase my eyeshadow and some eyeliner colors at Hot Topic, because they're the only place that has good neon colors around here.

Would that be that Eye Smudge stuff?
I'd been looking for electric green eyeshadow since time immemorial and it sent me into glee-fits when I stumbled across it.

However, if you use it or anything like it, mix it with a bit of water first, or it clumps up all weird.

OH, AND. Please don't use pencilly mushy eyeliner if you're going to draw elaborate swirly eyeball things. 99.9% of the time it'll come out all gloppy looking. Liquid eyeliner = love.  

Vexworth

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:46 pm
GilAskan
destinygirl_8
GilAskan

SKIN

http://www.pinoystores.com/product.php?store=bestseller&productid=16629&cat=0&page=1

That's one location, with a pretty good price too.

For more products, here's an entire site of skin whitening soaps, lotions, scrubs, etc:

http://www.pristinesworld.com/index.php

Do you know of an actual, physcial store in the USA where you can get these products?  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:49 am
im good with eyeliner.......i like the blue ones and the black ones!!!  

gabbi12340

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:45 pm
gabbi12340
im good with eyeliner.......i like the blue ones and the black ones!!!

If your so good....then post some tips.....because that's the entire point of this thread. *oh god i'm acting like the thread police*  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff