Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

User_1426750

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:56 pm
EwYouNerd
Warning- High Voltage
EwYouNerd
Warning- High Voltage
More on topic. Gai is often pushed to the side in fandom or just written off as comic relief. While he's actually very wise and an interesting character under all the eccentricism. People that try to claim Gai and Lee have the same personality obviously have not looked at the characters closer than their appearances. Which other than hair and outfit, isn't that much similar. But I'd argue that he's the best sensei and has the closest relationship with all his students, and the most disciplined team. Between Lee's sucking at ninja-ing, Neji's obvious problems, and Tenten's lack of existing, he really pulled them together well. heart

Gai's secret a*****e side is also very hot. Just saying.

Werd, forever and ever and ever. He's the sexiest thing EVAR. Asuma was a really good sensei, too, but now he's gone so Gai has no competition for best sensei MWAHAHAHA. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Best NF typo ever.
Though I'd argue that Asuma didn't have as much work to do. InoShikaCho started with better team dynamics than Team Gai. Who knows how he actually got them to work together.

Hahahaha. That team is so perverted. sad

The entire team IS perverted. And you're right, though. Actually, Team Gai is always praised for its teamwork but in the databook XD outside of the sand team they started off with the worst teamwork stats/dynamics. And had more issues.
They've definitely improved with the whole working together thing since the timeskip, their fight against Kisame really showed that. But that's because Neji is now the leader. neutral Sorry Gai.

And come on. Morning peacock? Dynamic entry? Gentle fist? Whooa baby.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:01 pm
Shikalee
Warning- High Voltage
More on topic. Gai is often pushed to the side in fandom or just written off as comic relief. While he's actually very wise and an interesting character under all the eccentricism. People that try to claim Gai and Lee have the same personality obviously have not looked at the characters closer than their appearances. Which other than hair and outfit, isn't that much similar. But I'd argue that he's the best sensei and has the closest relationship with all his students, and the most disciplined team. Between Lee's sucking at ninja-ing, Neji's obvious problems, and Tenten's lack of existing, he really pulled them together well. heart

Uh... Gai and Lee are almost NOTHING alike. So I agree with you. They just have a common interest.

I don't know. I think Asuma was pretty damn close to Shikamaru. Closer to him than his father, I mean. For Lee Gai is like a father. For Tenten... well, she doesn't seem to bond with anyone. And Neji is far more bonded with the Hyuuga clan... Whether or not Gai is the closet to his students than any other sensei is arguable.

I will agree they are the most disciplined. surprised

I'd argue that Gai and Asuma were actually the most balanced and closest to their students. Kurenai made wobbly eyes at Hiashi when he disowned Hinata in front of her, and then we saw a bunch of clips of Hinata training on her own. Her body language is pretty closed off to her students, too neutral and they seem to rely on each other.

Kakashi was up Sasuke's a**, but I don't blame him because he's a damaged man and he's at least working to repair his bond with Naruto and Sakura now.

Gai has a fatherly bond with Lee, but that didn't develop until after the rule thing. Before then, Lee was almost a bit reluctant to be around Gai, thought he pitied him, and while he admired him in ways he also thought he was a bit embarrassing with his Kakashi antics. Neji has more issues with the Hyuuga clan, and can train more with Hiashi since they have the same style (like gai and lee have the same style), but he's only been shown to sit down with Hiashi once and that was after Neji had CHANGED. Before Neji changed he at least showed some respect for Gai, and it was hinted (with the promise thing) that Gai and Neji talked about Neji's issues.

sad and poor tenten. She's bonded with Lee, and she used to worship Neji's talent but not who he WAS, but now has probably grown up more. The only instances we've seen of her and Gai interacting in any way was Gai shouting and cheering for her at her match with Temari, and her telling him he needed to hurry up and him making that snarky face at her and then uh..throwing Kakashi on his back and running past them heart

Asuma was AS close to Shikamaru as Shikamaru is with his Dad, but in different ways. With SHikamaru and his father, Id' say it was a kin bond, but with Asuma and Shikamaru it was very intellectual and understanding. All three students (InoShikaChou) have relatively good or at least important relationships with their fathers, so they were more ready to accept Asuma into their life as a role model figure (I'd argue that Neji would not want to accept another father figure in his life). Ino has shown to be comfortable with Asuma, and he showed a lot of care for her during her match with Sakura. And Asuma has shown concern for Chouji, too biggrin I'd say Gai and Asuma are the msot balanced and unbiased senseis, and both most likely have(had) deep relationships with all three students. They just communicated the best with the ones they could relate to.

GAI IS HOT. *STAYS ON TOPIC* and VERY different from Lee. sad Why do people miss this? I'm genuinely curious...  

EwYouNerd

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:02 pm
EwYouNerd
At first I was more wary, like when Shikamaru picked up the smoking, but then I saw it was temporary and thought it fit him more. A big theme in Naruto is accepting responsibility (which shikamaru is covering, even if it seems to make him nervous to be responsible for the life of others and he has a guilt complex that comes with being a leader), and that revenge gets you nowhere. I hope Shikamaru learns that with his current situation with Hidan.

And I know how you feel about people drawing Shikamaru as a bishounen. He's got spikey hair, a pouty lower lip, bored and tired looking eyes neutral and heavy eyebrow lobes from being tense and in thought a lot. BUT WHEN HE DID THE NICE GUY SMILE HE LOOKED AWESOME. It's what makes him him and he looks fine with it. I can't stand, as a Gai and Lee fan D8 when people like draw Lee with huge bishounen anime eyes and make his mouth normal looking and make his haircut shaggy and more skater boy than uh. Straight cut and dorky. And how people make Gai's nose smaller and his eyebrows thinner and like..give him blue eyes? WTF UH NO sad leave them as they are, people.

GAI WILL DIE JUST YOU WAIT.

"I cannot RP Gai at all. I've tried. I got his basic character down, but when someone asked me questions, it was like, "Uhhh... SO LEE WHAT'S GOIN' ON?!""

Lol, this is why I can never play Gai unless I have a good Lee, Tenten, and Neji. The poor dear can't really communicate with people his age on a casual level, only on a normal like..shinobi level. Oh Gai, you retard.

But anyways, as the topic says, Gai is raped and abused in fandom hardcore.

KakaIru fans like to turn him into some gross..retard thing.

Most people give him midievil down syndrome. sad Kakashi fans can't get over the fact that he's actually GOOD.

And uh, most people are in denial that they want to be boned by him.

Like Neji.
That ******** pissed me off. I'm serious. I thought he was just going to smoke that one. Next day, BAM. One in his mouth. Casually hanging there. If I was in the manga, I'd slap it out of his face. I was so damn mad...
Yeah, Shikamaru's going through a lot. And I agree with you there. He's under a lot of pressure, that's for sure.

Out got. "Pouty." That description was like... xD;; Oh geez.
I've noticed that. His eyebrow thing. He's hardly ever relaxed. And your observation is very realistic. It runs in my dad's side of the family. My brother didn't get it as much, but both my dad and I are very tense and very thorough thinkers.
I donno. The niceguy smile was cute. But I think his best moments are when he looks peaceful. Unfortunately, those aren't many. Kishimoto needs to draw him sleeping... I wanna see that BAD. D:
I like it when everything about Lee is the same, but when an artist makes his hair all... I donno. It looks more fluid. Instead of just stuck to his head.
I give Gai SUPER brows. ;D

I don't want him to die. crying

Exactly. I used to RP Shikamaru a lot. Until I realized most Choujis sucked. And what's a guy without his right hand man? It was hopeless.

HE IS. Fans don't treat him right... but fans don't treat a lot of characters right. Here are the ones I notice the most:

1. Gaara -> They girly him up. They don't respect his badass'dness and his ********. They make him sensitive and kind.
2. Shikamaru -> A lot of fangirls make him TOO much of a man. People tend to forget that Shikamaru can be a SERIOUS coward.
3. Itachi -> They make him gay. Okay, Itachi is Itachi. He's EVIL. That's all that matters.
4. Sasuke -> People make him TOO evil. They forget Sasuke DOES have a soft spot.

I hate KakaIru. It's just gross. Some of the art is good. But the pairing is ghastly.

Gai could physically kick Kakashi's a**. Problem is that Kakashi is good at damn near everything (except physical strength) so he uses that to his advantage against Gai.

Want to be boned by Gai? That's something I actually couldn't... agree on. I would probably only want to be boned by like... 4 people. And one of them's a girl. D:

LOL.  
Warning- High Voltage
EwYouNerd
Warning- High Voltage
EwYouNerd
Warning- High Voltage

Werd, forever and ever and ever. He's the sexiest thing EVAR. Asuma was a really good sensei, too, but now he's gone so Gai has no competition for best sensei MWAHAHAHA. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Best NF typo ever.
Though I'd argue that Asuma didn't have as much work to do. InoShikaCho started with better team dynamics than Team Gai. Who knows how he actually got them to work together.

The entire team IS perverted. And you're right, though. Actually, Team Gai is always praised for its teamwork but in the databook XD outside of the sand team they started off with the worst teamwork stats/dynamics. And had more issues.
They've definitely improved with the whole working together thing since the timeskip, their fight against Kisame really showed that. But that's because Neji is now the leader. neutral Sorry Gai.

NEJI IS NOT THE LEADER. GAI IS. NEJI IS THE FIRST LADY. HE IS THE MONICA LEWINSKY TO GAI'S BILL CLINTON.  

EwYouNerd

mofoslotmachine

kimmiepoo
... crying NO. I'm real, seriously. I'm mofo's sister.

sakjdalsjdlash domokun  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:05 pm
EwYouNerd
Warning- High Voltage
EwYouNerd
Warning- High Voltage
EwYouNerd
Warning- High Voltage

Best NF typo ever.

NEJI IS NOT THE LEADER. GAI IS. NEJI IS THE FIRST LADY. HE IS THE MONICA LEWINSKY TO GAI'S BILL CLINTON.
e_e Neji has Gai wrapped around his little finger. It's his team now. Gai's only there as an icon. Like the Queen of England. (oh burn D: SORRY DON'T KILL ME)  

User_1426750

EwYouNerd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:06 pm
Oh and Kankuro does have personality *_* he's straight-forward, laid back, a bit of a bully, good at battle analysis and cocky and seems a bit insecure. But not in the gay tragic angsty way. And he's hilarious.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:07 pm
EwYouNerd
Oh and Kankuro does have personality *_* he's straight-forward, laid back, a bit of a bully, good at battle analysis and cocky and seems a bit insecure. But not in the gay tragic angsty way. And he's hilarious.
And apparently fandom makes him a furry. sad  

User_1426750

mofoslotmachine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:07 pm
EwYouNerd

He's got more personality than most of the other characters in the series. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:08 pm
Warning- High Voltage
EwYouNerd
Warning- High Voltage
EwYouNerd
Warning- High Voltage

e_e Neji has Gai wrapped around his little finger. It's his team now. Gai's only there as an icon. Like the Queen of England. (oh burn D: SORRY DON'T KILL ME)

GAI IS THE HOTTEST QUEEN OF ENGLAND ANYWAYS > GOD SAVE THE GAI.

And no way. awhejwehj

I wish we could actually see Gai and Neji fighting over leadership roles. It would be hilarious. There would be so many seme-war undertones sad

gai is the leader anyways his c*ck is bigger.

end.  

EwYouNerd

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:09 pm
kimmiepoo
Shikalee
kimmiepoo
I wasn't talking about anyone in particular.. confused Just general fandom. ITS A FREE COUNTRY. *turns into mel gibson* FREEEEDDOOMMMM!!!!!!

Gai has done Kakashi. Ooooooh.

Yeah, Gai would look hot in a speedo. Hotter than anyone. Shikamaru is too scrawny for a speedo. I'd just laugh at him. :

Gai is the best character on earth. Kishi told me so. I was like, "Hey, Kishimoto, Gai is the best right?" And he was like "Yeah definetely." That's pretty much how it went.

Okay, I admit. I have a problem. I'm racist against bishounen. sad I try not to.. but... one took my lunch money in middle school... I hold a grudge...

Don't call me a douche. Please. It's like acid on my skin. It pains me and my ancestors. I just want to talk about cartoons.

LISTEN I CONFESS I JUST WANTED YOUR ATTENTION. Pt 2 Shikamaru is annoying to me, but he's not my least favorite. I like, really like him in the beginning. I mean, it's not even him, it's more of the attention he gets. I just find him a little over-rated. jk i think he's gay lol.

No but I seriously just want your attention. Because I.. *kicks dirt* Well... Aw, shucks... *blushes* Well, gawrsh, Shikalee.. I just like you...

AND HE's JUST BIG BONED AND ADORABLE *_* heart
Just clarifying.

Oh god.

WHAT?! D: Bah... guess that's your preference. I wouldn't call him so scrawny anymore... he sizes up just fine next to the others. Guess he finally started EATING.

Okay, jokes are cute, but this is a discussion guild. You've got to be serious at least part of the time...

Okay then... I don't see a problem with bishounen. They have their place.

Hey, if you think Shikamaru's a bishounen that's your problem... if not, you're not a douche. Simple as that. xd

What? I always got the impression you were mad about him and just insulted him so I wouldn't tear your arms off and beat you with them. Your jumpy back and forthness really suggests that you DO like him, but that you're messing with my head for entertainment. Luckily, I just stopped caring.

That's cute. You wanna know a better way to get my attention? Hawt. Pr0n. Oh wait, that's against the rules. Okay... Hawt... ALMOST pr0n. Damn. Looks like I can't squeeze anything past Gaia's rules. Oh well.

I'm starting to think you're someone's mule, by chance. D:

I've seen Kankurou without his costume he's actually pretty damn delicious. Too bad he has like, NO personality.

Kay.

I know. *jacks off*

Yeah you're right. He's hot.

But.. it's a cartoon.. I just want to keep it light hearted and not serious.. I forgot that this is serious business. I'm sorry.. it won't happen again..

No dude I think Sasuke's hot. Seriously. I just like to make jokes.

I don't! I SWEAR TO GOD I DONT.

No I think he's okay. Like, LOVED him at the beginning, then just started to get a little annoyed of him later on. But it's fun to make fun of him. He's an easy target, even if I don't mean it most of the time. I hope he doesn't hear me.

Of me? and you?

... crying NO. I'm real, seriously. I'm mofo's sister.

He has personality. sad They just don't focus on it enough. The sandsiblings are very interesting (to me, at least) and I think have AWESOME material for like, their own storyline. BUT THATS JUST ME. *looks in a mirror* No.. can't..... get.... SERIOUS. *punches mirror*

iloveyou. redface

This is Shikamaru. dramallama
xD

Kakashi and Gai... Hmm... Like. Wow.

God damn. Why does everyone want to bone fecking Shikamaru? mad

NO NO! It's okay, I like light-heartedness. I just want you to state your mind. xd I want to know what you really think. :]

Uh... I can't TELL!

GAH!! @_@;; You're SERIOUSLY confusing mee!!

Opposite for me. I disliked Shikamaru in the beginning. "God he's annoying." But I grew to him on the Chuunin exams. He was such a klutzy coward... xd I don't see why everyone thinks Shikamaru is such an easy target. I mean, yeah. I call him a ninja prostitute because of his low-rise belt and fishnets... but I don't say, "Shika's a ******** BOOB." Well, that's pretty funny, actually. I think I should start saying that. ninja

Pr0n of Gai.

I can't tell if you're serious or not, but for now I'll take your word for it. :]

He does... But we don't see enough of it. So there's not much Kankurou lovin'. It makes me sad, since he's such a hottie. >:[

Love? <3

A DRAMALLAMA?! W-WELL!! xd  
Warning- High Voltage
EwYouNerd
And apparently fandom makes him a furry. sad

sad stupid gaikankuro fans..  

EwYouNerd

mofoslotmachine

Shikalee
I would probably only want to be boned by like... 4 people. And one of them's a girl. D:

You only need to ask, you know. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:15 pm
Shikalee
That ******** pissed me off. I'm serious. I thought he was just going to smoke that one. Next day, BAM. One in his mouth. Casually hanging there. If I was in the manga, I'd slap it out of his face. I was so damn mad...
Yeah, Shikamaru's going through a lot. And I agree with you there. He's under a lot of pressure, that's for sure.

Out got. "Pouty." That description was like... xD;; Oh geez.
I've noticed that. His eyebrow thing. He's hardly ever relaxed. And your observation is very realistic. It runs in my dad's side of the family. My brother didn't get it as much, but both my dad and I are very tense and very thorough thinkers.
I donno. The niceguy smile was cute. But I think his best moments are when he looks peaceful. Unfortunately, those aren't many. Kishimoto needs to draw him sleeping... I wanna see that BAD. D:
I like it when everything about Lee is the same, but when an artist makes his hair all... I donno. It looks more fluid. Instead of just stuck to his head.
I give Gai SUPER brows. ;D

I don't want him to die. crying

Exactly. I used to RP Shikamaru a lot. Until I realized most Choujis sucked. And what's a guy without his right hand man? It was hopeless.

HE IS. Fans don't treat him right... but fans don't treat a lot of characters right. Here are the ones I notice the most:

1. Gaara -> They girly him up. They don't respect his badass'dness and his ********. They make him sensitive and kind.
2. Shikamaru -> A lot of fangirls make him TOO much of a man. People tend to forget that Shikamaru can be a SERIOUS coward.
3. Itachi -> They make him gay. Okay, Itachi is Itachi. He's EVIL. That's all that matters.
4. Sasuke -> People make him TOO evil. They forget Sasuke DOES have a soft spot.

I hate KakaIru. It's just gross. Some of the art is good. But the pairing is ghastly.

Gai could physically kick Kakashi's a**. Problem is that Kakashi is good at damn near everything (except physical strength) so he uses that to his advantage against Gai.

Want to be boned by Gai? That's something I actually couldn't... agree on. I would probably only want to be boned by like... 4 people. And one of them's a girl. D:

LOL.

Well, I admit, not everyone can handle being Vlad the Impalered by Gai's boner. And most of the people I want to be boned by in Naruto are girls. wink

Gai could physically kick Kakashi's a** and outlast him, but Kakashi (and Asuma RIP) is much more versatile than Gai so it would all depend on circumstances considering who would win XD

Sometimes you just can't RP a character unless you have XD good interaction with other good RPers. That's hard. Especially hard to find good Choujis.

SHIKAMARU DOES HAVE A POUTY FACE. He's always like "-_-" or ">" it's funny. And yeah, it seems like the poor kid can't give his brain a rest, no wonder he likes giving his body a rest wink

"1. Gaara -> They girly him up. They don't respect his badass'dness and his ********. They make him sensitive and kind.
"

1. WHY DO PEOPLE THINK GAARAS PSYCHOLOGICAL TORMENT ENDED NI TWO SECONDS AND NOW HES THE SWEETEST THING ON EARTH?
2. Hahahah, Shikamaru's cowardly behaviour (at times) is what makes him likeable to me biggrin
3. I hate Itachi sad so people can fanrape him all they want. I notice Itachi pairing fics always fanrape him.
4. I LOVE SASUKE AND WILL DEFEND HIM TO THE DEATH but I understand why he could annoy others. He's not emo though sad  

EwYouNerd

EwYouNerd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:16 pm
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
I would probably only want to be boned by like... 4 people. And one of them's a girl. D:

You only need to ask, you know. wink

LOL xd rofl rofl rofl rofl burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes dramallama dramallama dramallama cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff