Welcome to Gaia! ::

+++The Fall of Roses+++

Back to Guilds

The story of Osiris City and the supernatural creatures which inhabit it. (Come play with us...) 

Tags: vampires, witches, werewolves, literate, semi-literate 

Reply Osiris City
The Talamasca Motherhouse Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:47 pm
David smiled softly at him, his hands folding on the desk before him as soon as he crushed out his cigarette. "Tell me about before you were turned. Your human life, what was it like? And do you know why you were turned?" His questions were quicker than he would have liked---it was not his style to speak during an interview, partly because he didn't like the sound of his own voice replayed on the little electric device but mainly because he found it rather rude.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:21 pm
+Rotting Lunacy+
"Not bored, tired. Didn't care, wasn't worth it to run or argue." If he were to ask anyone, they would tell him that Singe did nothing worthwhile; he only ran around causing trouble and irritating people. That was, after all, his passion. It was a shock David hadn't thrown him out. Nah, he's too nice for that kinda' stuff. It was a wonder to some, the few who knew the truth, why he had gone searching for the Talamasca in the first place as he obviously didn't care for what they did or stood for.
For a moment the word brother flashed into his head, an inexplicable and annoying occurrence, and Singe thought of his own. He had been dead for a good 300+ years now and it delighted Singe. The guy always had been an idiot void of any personality. "What do you wanna' see the library for anyways?" he asked suddenly, barely waking from his daze of thought.

He tensed slightly, more than a little inclined to snap, 'None of your business!' But he didn't. Good breeding saved him. And the feeling he got from the boy. Instead he sighed and sat down in the chair next to Singe, crossing his legs. "It's my sister. Liesse. We're twins, and--she isn't...well." His gaze was turned inward, gazing at the floor but not really seeing it. "I want to find out how to help her. My parents might have known, but they--died, a few years ago. The same fire destroyed our own library."  

Rynn Calais

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:43 pm
Singe paused, watched the movement of the receptionist behind her desk as she brushed away the ash. "You're at the wrong place," he said finally, having spent several moments deliberating over whether or not he should reveal such information to him. "We keep files, information, but none of it's really any use. I dunno' what's wrong with your sister---don't care enough to pry into your mind---but I doubt you'll find anything in the library to help her. Besides with all the information it'd take years. No, what you need is an occultist witch." Again he paused, considering, before continuing. "Ever heard of the Mayfair family? Go find Antha Evelyn Mayfair. I betcha she could help. And you could probably walk to her house faster than you could get a hold of David." A slight yawn escaped his lips, he having just woken up when he sauntered into David's office, and again considered calling Antha. She was probably just sitting at home reading some decaying book after all.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:37 pm
.David Talbot.
Singe paused, watched the movement of the receptionist behind her desk as she brushed away the ash. "You're at the wrong place," he said finally, having spent several moments deliberating over whether or not he should reveal such information to him. "We keep files, information, but none of it's really any use. I dunno' what's wrong with your sister---don't care enough to pry into your mind---but I doubt you'll find anything in the library to help her. Besides with all the information it'd take years. No, what you need is an occultist witch." Again he paused, considering, before continuing. "Ever heard of the Mayfair family? Go find Antha Evelyn Mayfair. I betcha she could help. And you could probably walk to her house faster than you could get a hold of David." A slight yawn escaped his lips, he having just woken up when he sauntered into David's office, and again considered calling Antha. She was probably just sitting at home reading some decaying book after all.

He hesitated, lowering his eyes to his folded hands as he chose his next few words with care. "If it is at all possible, I do not wish to involve any outsiders. My family is--reclusive, my sister grown so especially in these past few years. And she is my twin. We are linked in ways that I would have no other intrude upon. If I can find a way to protect her from--" he cut off, realizing that he spoke too freely, and rephrased it. "If I may help her in my own right, I would much rather do so than involve another--witch."  

Rynn Calais

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:43 pm
Singe merely shrugged, his eyes grazing the room carelessly. "Suit yourself. But again, not much in there---just what people have seen before and their own written words describing it." He paused, chuckled under his breath. "We had this religious nut once about 20 years ago who tried to rewrite everything in the library. Finally said it was all Satan's work and threw himself off the cliff." He gave an amused smile, a shameless shake of his head. "But hey, to each his own. If you can find anything in there---that is, if David lets you in---then more power to ya'." He began rummaging around in his pockets as he finished his sentence, drawing out a cigarette. He couldn't see one in David's hands without wanting on himself. "So, getting to the point, what exactly are you lookin' for? David won't let you go anywhere in the building except for this room and his office unless you give him a good explanation so ya' might as well give it a practice run." The boy grinned, touched the cigarette to his lips, and reminded himself briefly that he didn't look nearly old enough to be so much as holding one, "Or am I treading on too sensitive of ground here?"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:21 pm
Sabata had listened to this conversation carefully, after a while he turned to Singe and spoke. "The Talamasca records, do they include people who have come into the city, and possibly any magical artifacts they had?" His couldn't keep his voice from becoming excited at this last part. Calm down, you're close, but not there yet, stay calm... He looked at Singe "Well?"  

ninja of Persia

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:31 pm
The boy only stared over his shoulder, his gaze cold. "I don't know," he replied mockingly, sensing easily that something was amiss. Of course he put no effort into identifying it; no, that was too much trouble. "Ask David when he's done. Of course you'll have to give him your reasons too, and he can see through any deceit like that." He snapped his fingers loudly as he said this last word, letting his gaze fall straight again. With a vampire's senses he could catch the perfume on the card he carried, Antha's perfume. Naturally he couldn't help but be intrigued but, in following with his personality, said nothing. Rather he sat silently wondering when David would be through.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:49 pm
Sabata sighed and sat down at a bench near the desk. Absentmindedly he formed a ball of blue energy and sent it moving around the room. He usually did this when he had nothing else to do. His mind wandered back to when he was traveling through Europe.  

ninja of Persia

Average Doe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:50 pm
.David Talbot.
David smiled softly at him, his hands folding on the desk before him as soon as he crushed out his cigarette. "Tell me about before you were turned. Your human life, what was it like? And do you know why you were turned?" His questions were quicker than he would have liked---it was not his style to speak during an interview, partly because he didn't like the sound of his own voice replayed on the little electric device but mainly because he found it rather rude.
[[Who was this pointed at?]]  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:00 pm
SynonymousDisintegration
.David Talbot.

((Grave. Who else would David be asking about their life before they were turned?))  

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

Average Doe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:54 pm
.David Talbot.
SynonymousDisintegration
.David Talbot.

((Grave. Who else would David be asking about their life before they were turned?))
[[Jonas is still sitting in your office...]]  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:06 pm
SynonymousDisintegration
.David Talbot.
SynonymousDisintegration
.David Talbot.

((Yes, but Jonas isn't a vampire, ducky.))  

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

Average Doe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:03 pm
.David Talbot.
SynonymousDisintegration
.David Talbot.
SynonymousDisintegration
.David Talbot.

((Yes, but Jonas isn't a vampire, ducky.))
[[Duh. I thought Grave left...]]  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:03 pm
.David Talbot.
Singe merely shrugged, his eyes grazing the room carelessly. "Suit yourself. But again, not much in there---just what people have seen before and their own written words describing it." He paused, chuckled under his breath. "We had this religious nut once about 20 years ago who tried to rewrite everything in the library. Finally said it was all Satan's work and threw himself off the cliff." He gave an amused smile, a shameless shake of his head. "But hey, to each his own. If you can find anything in there---that is, if David lets you in---then more power to ya'." He began rummaging around in his pockets as he finished his sentence, drawing out a cigarette. He couldn't see one in David's hands without wanting on himself. "So, getting to the point, what exactly are you lookin' for? David won't let you go anywhere in the building except for this room and his office unless you give him a good explanation so ya' might as well give it a practice run." The boy grinned, touched the cigarette to his lips, and reminded himself briefly that he didn't look nearly old enough to be so much as holding one, "Or am I treading on too sensitive of ground here?"

A short, unpleasant silence. Then Rynn gave a curt nod, acknowledging the logic of Singe's words. He sat there in silence a moment longer, sorting through the trivia--things he did and did not necessarily need to know, the barest facts--and then began. Abruptly. "My twin is going mad." he said flatly. "Liesse is haunted by a ghost, a spirit--I, too, have been visited by the same, but--even though we are twins, we are not equally talented. I am able to hold her off. Liesse cannot." He pushed a hand through his hair in agitation. "My father and mother were both gifted witches. They could have undoubtedly taught me. But they both died, three years ago, in the same fire that took our accumulated tomes of learning. I am young, I am inexperienced, and I am without a guide of any sort. I know that I have the power to protect Liesse, but I do not know how to use it." Eyes shut as he continued. "Besides being my sister, whom I love, I have other reasons to wish to protect her. As my twin, I am uniquely vulnerable to her in a way that I am not to any other being, dead or alive. As the head of such a family as my own, it could prove--" a really ugly pause, here. "--troublesome, should I be rendered incapable. My brothers are all equally talented, and would be at one another's throats in seconds if they thought they could gain leadership of the family. Liesse would most likely die, painlessly, within a few weeks following my step down. It is unlikely that the local authorities would even realize anyone had died--our family is, at their most extroverted, highly reclusive. I would not be surprised if even the Talamasca held no files on them."  

Rynn Calais

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:30 pm
The boy gave a quick nod, a bare laugh as he took a long drag of his cigarette, polished black nails flashing under the fluorescent lighting that one could only find in the front room. "You're not going to find anything in those books and files," he said simply, shaking his head slightly, "The Talamasca looks down upon the use of magic by it's members, and no witch is going to let a Talamascan watch a ritual unless it can't be helped. I've looked through them myself, and there's nothing like that. Again, you need a witch, in particular a Mayfair. Any of the Red Crayon Aristocrats, really." He paused, realizing his mistake, and abruptly continued so as not to call attention to it. "The young, powerful Mayfairs---most of them know about how to get rid of spirits. Sometimes the higher-ups can give a flick of their wrist and 'boom!', bye bye ghosty." He paused again, taking a deep drag of the cigarette and only watching Rynn carefully, "But seriously, if anyone around here knows anything about getting rid of ghosts it'd be David or Atticus, David being Antha Mayfair's faithful little toy and Atticus being one of the oldest known vampires. But any which way you turn, you're gonna' have to ask for someone's assistance, even if it's just having an incantation or somethin' written down. Hauntings are rough, man." As he finished his eyes darted instinctively to the glow of blue on the edge of his sight, though he made no other movement to investigate it.

Osiris City

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff