MORE Japanese Culture Tidbits Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Velveteen Violinist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:25 pm
MipsyKitten
Question for Le Chat. Does modern Japanee culture have the strict codes of family honour like they did in the past?
Answer for Mispy: Even in the past, family structures weren't that different from the European-style family- respect your elders, be obidient to parents, etc. Currently though... It depends! XD Really, with more Westernization, a lot of new-generation families are almost just like your average American family. Of course really traditional Patriachical families still exist! And in Japan, women's rights aren't exactly UK-level yet.... There's a lot of older generation people unhappy about what they see as "degration of culture." But most of the others I know, including my own, do have a strict layout of rules- what we absolutely CANNOT do etc.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:27 pm
MipsyKitten
..Le Chat du Noir..
MipsyKitten
I've spent my life split between Britain and the USA. I can see the good and bad points of both, however when I was in school I wanted nothing more than to go to school in the US. Thankfully when I left school and learned more about American high schools, I changed my mind PDQ.
XD I'm assuming that you live in Britain? *Just say a Fur-Real friends Newborn Kitten commercial. O.o* You know, I like American schools better because the Japanese way of teaching just doens't fit me at all.
Right now I'm in England, but plan on moving back to the US pretty damn soon. I don't know what it is, but I feel like I belong in the US, even though I grew up and had all of my schooling in the UK. Even with all this abortion/anti-gay/bullshit war thing going on, I still feel better in the US.
Ahhh! I'm in the US right now. Believe me, women's rights in Japan still needs to get another powerstart. rolleyes I wanna go to England sometime, to see what it's like! Question for you- is England a lot more liberal/friendly than the US?  

The Velveteen Violinist

20 Shades of Crazy

450 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:13 pm
The Velveteen Violinist
MipsyKitten
..Le Chat du Noir..
MipsyKitten
I've spent my life split between Britain and the USA. I can see the good and bad points of both, however when I was in school I wanted nothing more than to go to school in the US. Thankfully when I left school and learned more about American high schools, I changed my mind PDQ.
XD I'm assuming that you live in Britain? *Just say a Fur-Real friends Newborn Kitten commercial. O.o* You know, I like American schools better because the Japanese way of teaching just doens't fit me at all.
Right now I'm in England, but plan on moving back to the US pretty damn soon. I don't know what it is, but I feel like I belong in the US, even though I grew up and had all of my schooling in the UK. Even with all this abortion/anti-gay/bullshit war thing going on, I still feel better in the US.
Ahhh! I'm in the US right now. Believe me, women's rights in Japan still needs to get another powerstart. rolleyes I wanna go to England sometime, to see what it's like! Question for you- is England a lot more liberal/friendly than the US?

Yes, to everything except...abortion.  
Fetal Containment Field

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces