Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
Warning: Red-level txt-tlkers contained within. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Robthebob

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:55 pm
Ack... I now have a twitch in my neck.. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:45 pm
I couldn't read a single symbol of that nonsense.

Maybe a couple people came up with 1337 to hide what they were saying, like a code of sorts so that only they could understand what they were saying.

Then perhaps other people started to sit down and translate it and speak it themselves. It was most likely first used to bypass rules involving vulgar messages, like swearing or perverted messages.

Finally, as more and more people became fluent, it became commenplace speech and the problem escalated to the level it has become today.

Not that I know anything about 1337, this is just what I inferred about its arrival.  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Xelladrex

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:39 pm
Are they even saying anything, or just making crap up?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:00 pm
Sara you're absoluteluy right about the origin of 1337. It was created to fool censors so people could swear online, on sites that would asterisk it out. Then it just evolved from there.

-But seriously, that site just made me puke. I'm gonna go read my book now, God forbid |337 leech into the world of serious literary arts, I would strangle myself.  

Silverkleptofox

Corporate Cash Cow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:24 pm
...Ow.

That hurt.

A lot. cry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:42 am
How could anyone do that?! Thats so stupid. stare  

[Shikamaru] Nara

Buccellatte

Sparkly Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:49 am
Kinata Dosu
d00d,d4t 5tuf5 1z wa aw350m3....Ok,that's far as I can get.In fact,I don't even know what that says.I just copied and pasted it from somewhere.
Anyways...That...That...That horrible link is like a link to TXT TLK hell! scream

That said: Dude, that stuff was awesome.

I'm fairly fluent in 1337, but I haven't typed in it for a very long time.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:09 am
Silverkleptofox
Sara you're absoluteluy right about the origin of 1337. It was created to fool censors so people could swear online, on sites that would asterisk it out. Then it just evolved from there.

-But seriously, that site just made me puke. I'm gonna go read my book now, God forbid |337 leech into the world of serious literary arts, I would strangle myself.

Cool! Not that it's too hard to figure out. And yes, I would be VERY upset if they publish books in 1337.

Truth be told, I'd rather not know 1337. You know what they say: Ignorance is bliss.  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

LittleNikkiOfLight

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:52 am
My eyes...they burn so....but yeah, I can't read l337 that bad. If it's just moderate l337 I can though, my bf l337s me all the time.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:45 am
Oh. My. God. It seems they have created another language... I think I read "ninja" in there somewhere... By the way, come someone please tell me what "l337" means?!  

Surgical Precision

Noche Flor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:43 pm
I think my heart just failed on me. And I think my brain stem just broke in half.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:43 pm
Lavade
Oh. My. God. It seems they have created another language... I think I read "ninja" in there somewhere... By the way, come someone please tell me what "l337" means?!

i beleive 1337 means leet. It looks like it.  

Noche Flor

SonarP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:04 am
Okay...umm...I can actually use the "1337" language both ways. I can understand it, and I can speak it (a bit less than understanding it)...x_x But for some odd reason, I just get mad at people who can't spell or don't try at all.  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff