Welcome to Gaia! ::

The 'Read only manga' guild: Open to all who love manga!

Back to Guilds

The Best manga guild...ever. 

Tags: Manga 

Reply The 'Read only manga' guild.
How much manga? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Noir-Harmonia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:01 am
over 250. not sure where.
but come may 6th i'll be over 280 at least.  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:29 pm
I have... all of Full Moon wo Sagashite (that's 7 volumes), 17 of Sailor Moon (that makes 24 so far), and then I have 5 volumes of Shinshi Doumei Cross (final total is 29 volumes), and I have 6 copies of Shojo Beat, not including the copy I'm getting later on today.  

UsagiMoon6699

Romantic Lover

6,375 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

occido deus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:37 pm
S u g a r w a t e r
i DONT NOT collect manga
I lOVE it with a passion but i really cant see me wasting money on it.

i only have 2 manga books

kare first love 4 and hot gimmick 12

if manga ws cheaper i probably would buy it

where i buy my manga it'd be
283 mangas = $2,830 + tax

i rather go to borders, sit in the cafe and read allll day

i totally agree with this, i won't spend money on a censored american release, but still i've finished over 70 series, i'm not sure how many volumes that adds up to, HOORAH for free online scans

the only volumes i do own are 1-3 of Death Note (but those were a gift)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:20 pm
occido deus
S u g a r w a t e r
i DONT NOT collect manga

i totally agree with this, i won't spend money on a censored american release, but still i've finished over 70 series, i'm not sure how many volumes that adds up to, HOORAH for free online scans

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
There aren't too many manga that are censored though.
I think I only know of a few, and most of them are oldold releases or are censored in both Japanese and their English counterparts.

It also makes me sad that you guys resort to petty theft to get entertained. If you really love a series or an author you'd support them by buying your manga instead of stealing. It may be expensive, but trust me, if you really worked at it you could get a very decent collection in a year doing chores and getting money over the holidays or heck, GETTING A JOB. (What a thought, eh?)

Darks sister
Captain

O.G. Demigod

13,325 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

occido deus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:20 am
Darks sister
occido deus
S u g a r w a t e r
i DONT NOT collect manga

There aren't too many manga that are censored though.
I think I only know of a few, and most of them are oldold releases or are censored in both Japanese and their English counterparts.

It also makes me sad that you guys resort to petty theft to get entertained. If you really love a series or an author you'd support them by buying your manga instead of stealing. It may be expensive, but trust me, if you really worked at it you could get a very decent collection in a year doing chores and getting money over the holidays or heck, GETTING A JOB. (What a thought, eh?)

petty theft!!? what in the world made you think that? i mean im not sure about the other chick, but the ONLY way to actually stay caught up with recent chapters is to read online (and it's not theft, independent sources get the japanese/chinese pages of a chapter and translate it themselves then put it online, so we don't have to wait for a year for american volumes to come out)
also i have a job, but that doesn't mean that i want to go spend my paycheck on 40 volumes of manga, and not eat for a month  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:32 pm
occido deus

petty theft!!? what in the world made you think that? i mean im not sure about the other chick, but the ONLY way to actually stay caught up with recent chapters is to read online (and it's not theft, independent sources get the japanese/chinese pages of a chapter and translate it themselves then put it online, so we don't have to wait for a year for american volumes to come out)
also i have a job, but that doesn't mean that i want to go spend my paycheck on 40 volumes of manga, and not eat for a month
If you read free online scans your stealing. Plain and simple. (Unless of course a publisher is doing some kind of promo in which you can legally read them for free.) Because the independent sources are distributing the material for free without proper consent from the publishing company and/or the author. When you read them, your only endorsing their cause and you become a thief yourself.
Also, you can live without reading the very latest chapter of your favorite manga. It's not the end of the world if it takes a year to find out what happens next. If you really MUST know, I have a few sites bookmarked where you can buy cheap imports.

I understand the situation that most people are in these days and I can see why you wouldn't want to spend your paycheck on manga. But really, that's not an excuse to steal. Manga is a luxury, not a right.

I'm sorry if I come across as being nasty and stuck up. But I'm just so tired of seeing all the perfectly decent American anime/manga publishers having to cut corners because 90% of the fanbase would rather steal than get their entertainment legally.
In fact, if even a portion of the people who download scans/episodes started buying what they read/watched the industry would be so healthy that you wouldn't need to complain about the poor quality and high prices of the English releases. Because if they're getting a lot of people to buy, they have the money to hire better staff to do the translating and editing and maybe, just maybe they might lower the prices a bit.

Also, by buying the English releases your helping out the Japanese market too. Remember that.

Darks sister
Captain

O.G. Demigod

13,325 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

MingSao

OG Gaian

63,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:51 pm
I agree with you 110% Dark. Fans like Occido make me angry too. Just because the scan comes from a Japanese or Chinese source doesn't mean the copyrights don't exist. They do. Fanscans ARE stealing.

ALSO, the anime/manga fandom is NOT cheap. You should know that going in. But if you're a dedicated fan, you find a way to support your fandom. If that's too much to ask, you should forget about anime and manga. Take up hiking or flower pressing instead.

Back on topic. I'm at 1029 volumes now. Things have been slow this year as far as my collection goes because of the economic slump.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:12 am
Because of being out of money for 6 month i'm stucked at 950 Mangas i think
4 are from japan but i can't read them *lol*
an the rest is from germany  

amok_kun

Darks sister
Captain

O.G. Demigod

13,325 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:24 pm
MingSao
I agree with you 110% Dark. Fans like Occido make me angry too. Just because the scan comes from a Japanese or Chinese source doesn't mean the copyrights don't exist. They do. Fanscans ARE stealing.

ALSO, the anime/manga fandom is NOT cheap. You should know that going in. But if you're a dedicated fan, you find a way to support your fandom. If that's too much to ask, you should forget about anime and manga. Take up hiking or flower pressing instead.

Back on topic. I'm at 1029 volumes now. Things have been slow this year as far as my collection goes because of the economic slump.

Thank you, Ming. I was beginning to think I was the only one in this guild who understood that. I hate having to type that argument over and over again.

You know, when I started collecting when I was 13, I never even THOUGHT of stealing them. All that was on my mind was ways of earning money to buy them.
...Sometimes I wonder if I was born in the wrong generation. rofl

You know...flower pressing and hiking actually sound pretty fun right now. xd [/offtopic]

I'm only at 160 volumes. I never have any money these days either so lately I've been borrowing from my friends and the libraries that we have around here.
That's worked pretty well for me too. I think I've read at least 10 new titles this summer. (So far)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:10 pm
i only have 25 manga and 1 shounen jump magizine sweatdrop  

Hiroko the Vampire

I draw avis for free! I dont accept avis i know i cant do, tho :3
heres a pic i drew.
with photobucket edit. ask to see without. second is colored
[img:16bf7bd8ce]http://i975.photobucket.com/albums/ae240/Hiroko_the_Vampire/Bl0oDi3dSouL.jpg[/img:16bf7bd8ce][img:16bf7bd8ce]http://i975.photobucket.com/albums/ae240/Hiroko_the_Vampire/KylieLuvveee2.jpg[/img:16bf7bd8ce]

Alyssa-lily

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:25 pm
i wish i had heaps of series, but most of the time i'm broke, everything i've read so far have been off the internet, the school library, and the public library. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:28 am
Hundreds but I'm not sure exactly how many. I have mixed feelings about fanscans. If you really love manga I think you ought to buy it and not think of it as a "waste of money", it's art and it's worth it.  

Bunny-blood-bath

Dot-Hacker HoroHoro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:19 am
144 manga right now, and 27 Shonen jump plus a V-jump and 3 News type from around 2-3 years ago maybe longer.
As for the whole reading online thing I read online but that doesn't stop me from buying the series like, Eyeshield 21, Reborn, Bleach, Rosario+ Vampire, D. Gray-man, and Naruto but I will still but the series/volumes when it comes to the US.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:13 am
lol i don't buy manga i go to manga websites and yes the sites i go to are legal =p  

Alice of Heart

MingSao

OG Gaian

63,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:05 pm
thegods326
lol i don't buy manga i go to manga websites and yes the sites i go to are legal =p

I somehow doubt that.  
The 'Read only manga' guild.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces