Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Elitism Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taconius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:12 pm
I always thought of Goth as people who let their emotions show, with a strong lean towards, although not necessarily, depression. A poser goth, to me, is someone who's concerned about the scene...period. I mean...isn't that the poser in every community? The one who may or may not fit in, which isn't relevant as a goth, but that is willing to compromise themselves to make it past all the other posers who think you "must be" anything.
There's no concrete. No one wrote a book. And if they do now, they're assholes. Why does it matter? I wear a cross, I have scars. I have a mohawk, I'm wearing Fubus. I'm some kind of crazy oxymoron. I'm still goth, I'll punch you in the jaw if you try to talk otherwise. If they (posers) piss you off, kick their a**. Or threaten too. If they truly believe in what they are, it's worth fighting for. Violence always shines light on the answer.
Let the posers pose. They want to be seen. That's what posing is about. And if you raise up your fist and they run...well...then I guess they're posing as decathlon athletes, aren't they? Just watch out...some people that seem like posers turn out to be the hardcorest mother ******** you'll ever meet and you might get murdered in some fantasticly sadistic way...with hooks and salt and zip ties...heehee.
Anyway...poser means you pose...It's not necessarily a bad thing. Who doesn't want a little attention sometimes? If it annoys you to see someone else in the spotlight for something you feel you are more fit to be observed in doing, then you're just a poser that doesn't have the balls to pose. Which makes you a b***h.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:57 pm
Rellik San
Isel
Rellik San
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San

Pub... you said pub not bar... your english too. smile

Yeah Jilly's Rockworld in manchester, I remember the dress code, you needed at least one item of black denim or leather to get in. (denim during summer only)

Yup, English here too ^^ the place comes complete with fireplace and mandatory darts board ^^ Quite amusing American's reactions to pubs, I heard tell of one man taken to a pub and asked why he'd been taken to a gay bar.. hope he didn't say that too loudly o.O

Ah, yes, the "conform or be out" rule...ah, the irony

Actually think about goths wear leather pants, bikers wear leather jackets, rockers wear denim jackets, metallers wear denim shorts and leather jackets. razz

It kept the Ben Sherman crew out.

Don't leave glam-rockers and our snakeskin pants and our feather boas out of this.

Yes, it's quite glamorous to act like you're on cocaine all the time, too.

Snake Skin could classed as a kind of leather.... lol.

A distant and superior relative, yes.

You don't see flamboyant shiny purple cow leather as often as you see flamboyant shiny purple snakeskin.

-Isel-

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:35 am
Isel
Rellik San
Isel
Rellik San
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San

Pub... you said pub not bar... your english too. smile

Yeah Jilly's Rockworld in manchester, I remember the dress code, you needed at least one item of black denim or leather to get in. (denim during summer only)

Yup, English here too ^^ the place comes complete with fireplace and mandatory darts board ^^ Quite amusing American's reactions to pubs, I heard tell of one man taken to a pub and asked why he'd been taken to a gay bar.. hope he didn't say that too loudly o.O

Ah, yes, the "conform or be out" rule...ah, the irony

Actually think about goths wear leather pants, bikers wear leather jackets, rockers wear denim jackets, metallers wear denim shorts and leather jackets. razz

It kept the Ben Sherman crew out.

Don't leave glam-rockers and our snakeskin pants and our feather boas out of this.

Yes, it's quite glamorous to act like you're on cocaine all the time, too.

Snake Skin could classed as a kind of leather.... lol.

You don't see flamboyant shiny purple cow leather as often as you see flamboyant shiny purple snakeskin.

Depends where in Manchester you go, I know a few places with shiney purple leather, but we don't go to that place.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:55 am
Rellik San
Isel

Depends where in Manchester you go, I know a few places with shiney purple leather, but we don't go to that place.

Shiny purple leather? I believe I've seen that too, in a place frequented by those known as 'merry' skin tight things they were too....left very little to the imagination.  

Isobel Bellamy

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:58 am
Taconius
I always thought of Goth as people who let their emotions show, with a strong lean towards, although not necessarily, depression. A poser goth, to me, is someone who's concerned about the scene...period. I mean...isn't that the poser in every community? The one who may or may not fit in, which isn't relevant as a goth, but that is willing to compromise themselves to make it past all the other posers who think you "must be" anything.
There's no concrete. No one wrote a book. And if they do now, they're assholes. Why does it matter? I wear a cross, I have scars. I have a mohawk, I'm wearing Fubus. I'm some kind of crazy oxymoron. I'm still goth, I'll punch you in the jaw if you try to talk otherwise. If they (posers) piss you off, kick their a**. Or threaten too. If they truly believe in what they are, it's worth fighting for. Violence always shines light on the answer.
Let the posers pose. They want to be seen. That's what posing is about. And if you raise up your fist and they run...well...then I guess they're posing as decathlon athletes, aren't they? Just watch out...some people that seem like posers turn out to be the hardcorest mother ******** you'll ever meet and you might get murdered in some fantasticly sadistic way...with hooks and salt and zip ties...heehee.
Anyway...poser means you pose...It's not necessarily a bad thing. Who doesn't want a little attention sometimes? If it annoys you to see someone else in the spotlight for something you feel you are more fit to be observed in doing, then you're just a poser that doesn't have the balls to pose. Which makes you a b***h.

Oh my god, the irony of that is just...overwhelming....Izzie....dying from need to mock....

Ah, this is no way for a mod to act (darn) and people are allowed their own opinions...and Izzie is tired and would like no flame war.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:44 am
Isobel Bellamy
Taconius

Oh my god, the irony of that is just...overwhelming....Izzie....dying from need to mock....

Ah, this is no way for a mod to act (darn) and people are allowed their own opinions...and Izzie is tired and would like no flame war.

Its a fine way for a mod to act... I act like it.... saying that I'm a tyrant.  

Rellik San
Crew

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:45 am
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San
Isel

Shiny purple leather? I believe I've seen that too, in a place frequented by those known as 'merry' skin tight things they were too....left very little to the imagination.

Yes, indeed the 'village' as it is known, we don't o there because the drinks are extortionate. I mean 3quid for a pint. This north west not the south.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:21 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Taconius

I was about to mention something too, but I'll learn from your example and not mention anything.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:24 pm
Rellik San

Yes, indeed the 'village' as it is known, we don't o there because the drinks are extortionate. I mean 3quid for a pint. This north west not the south.

Holy crap!! Ok, I know the stereotype of gay people being rich but that's taking it a bit too far o.o If i had to pick up that round I'd be headed for the door damned sharpish eek ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:26 pm
Dead Ed

I was about to mention something too, but I'll learn from your example and not mention anything.

So long as it's not offencive I tend to leave things alone, its amazing how quickly things can deteriorate into petty cat-calling talk2hand *le sigh*  

Isobel Bellamy

-Isel-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:00 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San

Holy crap!! Ok, I know the stereotype of gay people being rich but that's taking it a bit too far o.o If i had to pick up that round I'd be headed for the door damned sharpish eek ninja

Besides, I'm poor as hell, personally.

Vanity puts a permanent drain on one's budget.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff