Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:26 am
Krypta9
Rellik San
Krypta9
It's rare for a Normal to even remotely grasp the concept of goth. I try to avoid the subject.

What do you mean 'normal', Goths are normal, they just dress differently.

"Normal" as in non-goth.

Why didn't you say non-goths?

Saying normals implies anyone that dresses against fashion and doesn't like pop music is a freak.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:17 am
Isobel Bellamy
I got compared to Pete Burns in class because we're both "goth" no, wait, scratch that, "goff".

For those of you that don't know, here is Petey:

User Image
Yes, that is a man.

I just laughed and shook my head.

Then cried on someone's shouder crying

That's an abomination and an insult to the androgynous people.

looks like Charo...

-Isel-

Dante Omura

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:46 am
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

I wonder how deads speech went over in the class session...I've never really spoken out like that before.

Light Is My Deaths Curse

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:13 am
The Vampire Ruler
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

I wonder how deads speech went over in the class session...I've never really spoken out like that before.

Light Is My Deaths Curse

Well what I said in the first post was pretty much the gist of it. It was very uncomfortable with a bunch of puzzled and accusing eyes on me, but I got out what I could.
Thankfully, it left no bad repercussions the next day, so I guess it was successful.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:16 am
Isobel Bellamy
I got compared to Pete Burns in class because we're both "goth" no, wait, scratch that, "goff".

User Image
Yes, that is a man.

Did they spin right round, right round, like a record baby, right round, round round?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:11 pm
Rellik San
Krypta9
Rellik San
Krypta9
It's rare for a Normal to even remotely grasp the concept of goth. I try to avoid the subject.

"Normal" as in non-goth.

Saying normals implies anyone that dresses against fashion and doesn't like pop music is a freak.

'Normal' is just my word for most non-goths (though I was fairly sure that others used it, too). Usually, being goth means that you are not what others would perceive as normal (like you said, not listening to more popular genres of music, having a very different fashion sense, etc...) Anyway...'non-goth' works just as well, but I always say 'normal' in my head, so that's just what I typed... 3nodding  

perrenthezombie

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:25 am
Krypta9
Rellik San
Krypta9
Rellik San
Krypta9

"Normal" as in non-goth.

'Normal' is just my word for most non-goths (though I was fairly sure that others used it, too). Usually, being goth means that you are not what others would perceive as normal (like you said, not listening to more popular genres of music, having a very different fashion sense, etc...) Anyway...'non-goth' works just as well, but I always say 'normal' in my head, so that's just what I typed... 3nodding

Well its just I hate the term normal, I was a normal kid in school, it didn't stop everyone making me feel like a freak because I was tall skinny and a goth. Everyone is normal, because normal is a relative term.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:06 am
Rellik San
Krypta9
Rellik San
Krypta9
Rellik San
Krypta9

"Normal" as in non-goth.

Well its just I hate the term normal, I was a normal kid in school, it didn't stop everyone making me feel like a freak because I was tall skinny and a goth. Everyone is normal, because normal is a relative term.

Also, "normal" doesn't always apply to non-goths, as abnormal doesn't always apply to goths. There are a lot of freaky, completely wierd non-goths, and just as many down-to-earth goths.  

GilAskan
Crew

Plan-Galere

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:04 pm
Pfft, I can't wait til my english class. Littered with commies and leftists, that one. It'll be a series of vicious debates where I take on most of the class.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:30 pm
been there way too many times..... it sucks. I'm the only true goth in our school. everyone else really is simply prep, hick, skater, or emo. and even then, most don't have a clue about anything, and they all know what I'm like so they always bug me about it. I got stuck being put into a subculture and peer reformity lecture today because I actally know about things like that, it sucked so bad, I was so embarrassed..... redface  

nightwing773

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:10 pm
I've had a moment kind of like that when I was in school.

I was in English and we were studying 'Montana 1948' and my teacher had brought in her native American animal cards. She took them out of the box and they were wrapped in white silk.
She asked us if we knew why they were in silk and no-one said anything because none of us had any idea but she looked at me and kept insisting that I must know because I was "into that stuff".

I didn't mind though. It was cool having this outlandish persona when I was in my first years of highschool.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:00 pm
I got into a taxi for art college (my 6th form sorts it for me sweatdrop ) I get in when I hear the diver go 'Are you goth?' 'Yeah kinda' 'What do goths believe in?' 'Its not a religion...' They guy didn't seem to understand and annoyed me all the to college stressed  

Kohanna13

Katanas Blade

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:44 pm
A while back, our english class got into a big debate about stereotypes. Funny thing is, it was the teacher who started the argument. She's always having these "Debate days" and she says shes not going to get into it, just mediate, but she never does. sometimes we enfuriate her almost to the point of tears, but she doesn't realize its her fault.
Well, anyways, shes started yet another debate she can't win, and me and her were arguing about stereotypes. Fortunately, it wasn't just me. I had the entire class backing me up!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:08 pm
Isobel Bellamy

User Image
Yes, that is a man.

Geez, Pete Burns is frightening, isn't he? I saw a clip of him and that polititian guy on celebrity Big Brother miming that his dog was gone. Pretty damn creepy in that body suit, I must say.  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

TybaltGamemaster

nuGen Staff Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Committee Staff 25
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:07 am
No, not with goth.

I have explained how D&D is not of the devil, though.
This is why I went through high school trying to see if I could go through an entire day without talking, though.
This was usually broken up by the principle hassling me about the way I dressed- Oh. I guess I did defend goth a little.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff