Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
vampires Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you watch/read about vampires before?
Yes
77%
 77%  [ 56 ]
No
18%
 18%  [ 13 ]
You are kidding...
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 72

Awaikuro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:12 am
All I rally knew about vampires were the things in old movies, and what my friend who is obsessed with vampire novels told me. I like the new things that Twilight and New Moon showed to me.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:55 am
Stephenie Meyer's idea of the vampiric world I think seems more real.
Like there could really be vampires but we never see them because of the one very important rule (you know the one). Plus the fact that they travel a lot, alone or in very small numbers. Stephenie Meyer's vampires seem more within the relm of possiblity (at least in my mind).

GoldenCoffee

Dapper Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

vampiress123456

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:31 pm
Are you kidding... these books have changed my life. I love cloudy days and theres this small perfectly round meadow about a mile from my house well I used to be terrified of that clearing but now i'm there evry day. I don't know if i could live without edward (i dont know how i did before)  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:13 pm
I always saw them as monsters until I read twilight. I had to read Dracula in 5th grade so that placed a soild foundation on the evilness but once I read Twilight it was an entirely new outlook. They had a heart and could love. They are also beautiful and not nasty BATS!!
Anther thing was the sleep during the day, drink human blood thing. Sure that's what you think of when you think Vampires. I know we all have at one point or another. But Twilight is just a new twist.
Though after reading I still like reading Vampire novels even if they aren't as good.  

diligo in astrum

Dare-2-Sing

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:46 pm
ya i've been into vampires for a while 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:16 am
I'd admired vampires before, they'd been my favorite "monster" but I'd never really gotten so fascinated with them before I read twilight.  

Shadowfire7157

HappyTimeMedicine

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:00 am
*nods*  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:52 pm
Shadowfire7157
I'd admired vampires before, they'd been my favorite "monster" but I'd never really gotten so fascinated with them before I read twilight.
i know right. ever since twilight and new moon i wanted to read up on vampires. i did a report on them for my english class and i got an A! i've never been this involved with vamps in my whole entire life.  

Jack_sparrows_baby_girl

SaveraOwnsYou

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:06 pm
I read other vampure books before this one
but I must say this is my favorite so far

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:08 pm
Anne Rice and her Vampire Chronicles really got me into Vampires.
But I've always found them interesting, and have always liked things of a paranormal origin. Twilight is a book thats all by itself though!

I never woulda guessed that Vampires glittered O_o

imadoki_idgit

8,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

imadoki_idgit

8,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:20 pm
XxfushigipinayxX
There were a lot of new concepts she introduced me too...most of which you already mentioned.

That bruise thing is a pretty interesting thing to research...I thought it was being pointed out that the main reason they had bags under their eyes was because they were hungry. The more hungry, the more tired they looked, basically.

But I don't know...I've never gotten into the whole science of it all. Unlike Bella, I'm not exactly a genius in that subject (which is pretty ironic since I got all A's this semester except two C's, one in Trig and one in Physics).

Yeah, thats kinda what I got from it too. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:30 pm
AsNightDawns
Yay! Okay, here's my theory. There are different types of animals and different types of people right? Innocent question. So why not different races of vampires? There could be vampires like in Twilight as well as vampires like in Bram Stoker's Dracula! 3nodding And that is my theory. That all your theories are correct! 4laugh heart

Sounds good too me 3nodding
sweatdrop but maybe thats just because I like so many Vampires From so many different books

imadoki_idgit

8,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

imadoki_idgit

8,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:42 pm
Izume_bella1213
The only thing really new to me was the sparkly skin....and that just makes me like vampires even more.....I was obsessed majorly with vampires before Twilight. I have seen all the movies mentioned already and read all of the books mentioned and then some! Also I watched Buffy the Vampire slayer but only because og Angel and the Spike!!! Good vampires are sooooo hot!!! Also there is this new show coming out this month about vampires that includes a love trinagle with a vampire, a vampire hunter, and a human(I think)!

Would the show happen to be Blood Ties?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:21 pm
I was always obssessed with vampires but my obssession escalated after reading twilight and new moon. A different thing I noticed that she put about vampires was that they dont have to eat or drink anything but blood. Human food is totally unnecassary. Also, I loved Alice's power. The way she can see the future and all is really cool.  

Kalula71694

6vampire6mistress6

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:44 pm
I joined a vampire clan when I was 13, so I've actually been a vampire for a while. So, yeah, I knew a lot before reading the books and I'm very glad that Mrs. Meyer un-Hollywooded (haha I made a new word 4laugh ) us.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff