Submit

Waking Life
  Is an awesome movie
  Is a movie I must see
  *smacks Nihl* (Jameta option)
View Results

Ayla Skye

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:47 pm
I almost always know when I'm dreaming. Because of this I have never really had a nightmare. Actually just resently was the first time I ever remember waking up from a dream scared. It is actually very rare for me to not know I'm dreaming, and those times are usually when I'm dreaming I'm awake and doing something like getting dressed. I will admit I remember waking up to a couple embarassing moments because I was dreaming I was going to the bathroom.

I have yet to really try to control my dreams but there are some times when I'm close to waking up that I do control them without realizing it. I hate being woken up from these dreams because I want to know how they end. However a lot of times if I don't finish a dream I will have it again later. I don't realize it's the same dream right away but I do end up realizing it. The realization usually comes when I pass the spot I was woken up at before.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:38 pm
I've had success with sleeping with the Lovers Tarot Card under my pillow. Of course, I dreamt of the guy I was seeing at the moment, and lo and behold we are not married. That is one thing I can say works. Also, are you keeping a journal and lamp by your bed? Sometimes you wake up in the middle of the night and need to write down what you just dreamt about. Having those by your bedside is wise. Another thing that I do that is successful...Right as you are falling asleep, tell yourself, out loud, that you will dream and you will remember your dreams when you wake up. This takes some practice but it also works for me.

Good Luck  

MollyFu

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:10 pm
I recently purchased an herbal suppliment online to take that will help give me lucid dreams (should arrive tomorrow or Thursday) and I'm pretty excited. Dreams have always been something I've wanted to explore further and I'm finally going to be able to do so. I have so many things I wish to try and some things listed on this thread sound interesting too.

I'll let everyone know how it goes 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:24 am
I have a hard time knowing whether or not i'm dreaming also. I always know it was a dream when I wake up but hardly ever can I identify it while I'm experiencing it. But then again I have been able to once or twice which is a very odd experience and I'm not sure if I'd want to repeat it anyway. i found it hard to wake up whne I was concious of the fact that I was in a dream which was actually very frightening.  

Sugarrocks

Profitable Lunatic

10,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

twilight insanity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:44 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
I have made it a personal goal for 2007 to increase my capability to have lucid dreams. Essentially, this involves training your mind to not only recognize a dream situation, but to get into the habit of asking yourself if you're in a dream to begin with. I attempt to do this, but it is quite hard, and am thinking of adding on some magical help.

As it is, I try to remember to cast a circle around my bed charged with the intent on fostering lucid dreams, but it's not going so well.

So now I turn to you all. So far, I just have a vague idea of going to see Morpheus (damn, there's Nyx popping up again, maybe I should see her as well.) and asking for advice and help. I want all your suggestion - crystals associated with dreams, other deities, funny stories, everything related to dreams.

Don't touch Jameta's poll option of I smite you and reset the poll. This is a direct order from one of your mods! stressed
eek i alrady clicked it! anyway, i didn't know it was hard to have lucid dreams, i have them all the time, every night! but anyway... i guess it would be best if you used your birthstone and some quarts crystals, and make a little incantation while squeezing them hard, right efore you go to bed. be sure you are all refreshed, but think realy hard on whatever it is you want to dream about, like a particular thing going on in your life. real-world events, and the stress that comes from them are realy great conductors of lucid dreaming.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff