Reply ~ Main Forum ~
I'm Pregnant!!!!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DMSeraphim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:54 pm
Along with the reading bit. Music is VERY important to a child's mental development. I suggest playing lots of classical music like Mozart, Beethoven, and Bach BEFORE birth. Babies develop hearing (can't remember specifically at what age right now) and can hear the outside world even en utero, so start early. The idea behind it is classical music at an ealy age develops critical thinking , and in turn makes them smarter than those who grew up without. Oh and one more thing, teaching babies sign language at a very early age is super awesome. It can be done, and it reduces likelihood of tantrums and confusion, since they use a sign to tell you what's going on, like "hungry", "play", "tired", "change me", et cetera.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:34 pm
congragulations!!!! biggrin well i havn't got any children but i have a little sis and 5 nices (i cannot spell they are my sisters daughters) and i baby sit the all thr time even for 3 or more days so i have got experience
i think you should dress then in normal baby cloths not goth stuff as t should choose that sort of thing it self ( i am calling it it cuz i don't know if it a boy or girl)
baby it make it happy
it is not easy you will not get alot of sleep and sometimes they are impossible to please
but most of all love them and don't let it forget it!!!
good luck  

nodens the river god

Lexiegirl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:32 pm
DMSeraphim
Along with the reading bit. Music is VERY important to a child's mental development. I suggest playing lots of classical music like Mozart, Beethoven, and Bach BEFORE birth. Babies develop hearing (can't remember specifically at what age right now) and can hear the outside world even en utero, so start early. The idea behind it is classical music at an ealy age develops critical thinking , and in turn makes them smarter than those who grew up without. Oh and one more thing, teaching babies sign language at a very early age is super awesome. It can be done, and it reduces likelihood of tantrums and confusion, since they use a sign to tell you what's going on, like "hungry", "play", "tired", "change me", et cetera.

To add to your post, playing music before birth is a good idea but you must also be VERY careful. If the music is too loud, then it can damage the fetus's eardrums and various other things while it is still in the womb, which many people do not know or think of.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:19 pm
Isobel Bellamy

And be stingy with the sugar! If there's one thing that kids (and more importantly parents) don't need its candy, guarenteed to turn any kid into a candy-addicted monster eek

This may be true, but I wouldn't be TOO strict about giving them candy/snack foods, either. Then it becomes something wonderfully tasty and forbidden and they will gorge themsleves on it whenever they get the chance. It's been scientifically proven. 3nodding

I'm not really an expert on kids...this bit of fairly useless information is all I have to offer. sweatdrop
But anyway, congratulions!  

perrenthezombie

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:30 pm
Athiel
I should say that the best thing one can do when raising a child would be to promote and reward an open mind rather than stuffing it with whatever personal values/beliefs one might have.

But then, I hardly think I'm one to give advise on parentiness...

Athiel has given you some good advice.

Don't goth your kid up too much though, just put something 'nuetral' on them. Once they can decide what they like, even if they dress a little "preppy" or "ghetto" just let them go with it. But make sure they keep an open mind about different people. Who knows, maybe your child could show people that his/her parent is a normal, kind, respectfull person just like everyone else. (okay not everyone...you get the idea though.)

oh, congrats!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:26 pm
have no more kids after that... saves muny and besides i hope for twins  

Kyru Sadaki

ieatyourtclol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:35 pm
Neon~Starshine
I just wanted some advice seeing as how I've never been a mom, only a baby-sitter, and I came here because I'd rather have a Goth give me advice than some cheerslut (sorry if I just offended anyone). How would you dress them, what would you let them watch and do, would you be strict, would you be a stay-at-home mom?

I'd say dress he/she however you deem appropriate until he/she is old enough to convey a personal style of their own.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:59 pm
psychoticundefined
have no more kids after that... saves muny and besides i hope for twins

best advice.

accept the new person as a new person, accept that there will be things about him/her that you'll hate and cannot change, and try not to put all responsibility of his/her actions on him, at least for a while.

and don't ever for even one second think that your life is just yours anymore. your life belongs to he/she. *grin* you're doomed. forevah.  

lysseee

6,100 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100

Demonica1984

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:46 pm
I for on e have to say that i am 22 and i have a 2 year old son and i lost my second child and now i am 3 months pregnant with a new one.so please if you have any kind of questions feel free to mail me i will even give you my private email addy.it is no bother to me at all.i love my kids and i always will.and this goes for anyone else who would like to know about it.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:45 am
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

Let the baby where comfortable clothes that let it move around and so that they're easy to clean

Light Is My Deaths Curse

Dante Omura

OHEMGEEHallo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:19 pm
Congratulations! =)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:10 pm
Demonica1984
I for on e have to say that i am 22 and i have a 2 year old son and i lost my second child and now i am 3 months pregnant with a new one.so please if you have any kind of questions feel free to mail me i will even give you my private email addy.it is no bother to me at all.i love my kids and i always will.and this goes for anyone else who would like to know about it.
thanks for the offer, I might just be needing your help  

Neon~Starshine

Questionable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

chickajasmine

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:30 am
congratulations  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:02 pm
First off, I would like to congratulate you on your new addition!

Second, I would like to say you will have to think about how you want this child to be raised. Not the parenting style, but the environment. I have a few of examples:

1. My wife went to a Metallica/Megadeth/Slayer concert when she was pregnant with our daughter. As a result, when our daughter was distressed, the best way to calm her was to play either "Master of Puppets" or "Season's in the Abyss". This was also the "lullaby" music (and still puts her to sleep) we would give our babysitter. At first they wouldn't believe us, but after a couple of times when "normal" music didn't work, they tried it and were amazed that it put her right to sleep.

2. We chose not to have a television in our house for the first 3 years of our daughter's development. Because of that, she had to find other ways to amuse her brain. We also made a conscious decision to talk to her like we would anyone else. Meaning: no baby talk from us or anyone talking to her. By the age of 18 months, she was talking full sentences and reading children's books. By the time she was in school, she was reading at a 3rd grade level; and understanding what she was reading. All her other subjects (math, science, social studies, etc) were at a similar level.

3. I am a Goth, my wife is more of a Punk. Out daughter has incorporated both into her own style. Because we keep up on the "new" things and even introduce them to her, she has grown to have similar tastes as we do. This also means that we can go out together and have fun enjoying the same thing (such as a concert). In fact, when we go out together (she is now 14); if people don't know us, they think we are siblings.

I'm not saying you have to be loose in raising your child, you have to make a conscious decision on the environment. Remember that most of the most development is done at a younger age, so the more things you introduce them to, the better they will be at acceptance. We made sure we were in crowded areas a lot (Malls, College Cafeterias, etc). This made it easier for her to accept noise and "abnormal" conditions.

At least that is our experience.  

Orias13

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas