Who would win?
  Alexander the Great
  Musashi
  The Lock Ness Monster
View Results

ketchakik

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:47 pm
Silly_Doll
So I've been reading and reflecting on some essays about heroism in my english class. I'm expected to write an in-class thesis paper on "my" hero on Monday.

I have two people that I want to write about, but I'm not completely sold on the two people I'm thinking (Alexander the Great or Musashi) I would LIKE to do Karl Marx, however he was more of a leader and philosopher than a hero(not a hero in epic proportions anyway.)

So I was wondering if people would tell me who their heros (not idols, not people that you greatly respect, but actual heros. Someone who has been able go beyond the scope of normal human abillity to attain or acomplish something great,) and that it might inspire me and help me get through this essay.

my hero is anyone who willingly and knowingly enters a military to fight for what is right in a time of war....  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:13 am
Silly_Doll
So I've been reading and reflecting on some essays about heroism in my english class. I'm expected to write an in-class thesis paper on "my" hero on Monday.

I have two people that I want to write about, but I'm not completely sold on the two people I'm thinking (Alexander the Great or Musashi) I would LIKE to do Karl Marx, however he was more of a leader and philosopher than a hero(not a hero in epic proportions anyway.)

So I was wondering if people would tell me who their heros (not idols, not people that you greatly respect, but actual heros. Someone who has been able go beyond the scope of normal human abillity to attain or acomplish something great,) and that it might inspire me and help me get through this essay.

Gen Khan man he almost took over the eastern wave only japan could wipe out his mongols!  

Hunter of the Dammed

Silly_Doll

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:19 pm
Amon the Halfbreed
Silly_Doll

Gen Khan man he almost took over the eastern wave only japan could wipe out his mongols!

And... that helped humanity how? confused  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:27 pm
Silly_Doll
Amon the Halfbreed

well, kit's estimated that a good third or so of european men have a genghis khan chormosone in their blood, so he and his sons helped father a good proportion of the world  

Isobel Bellamy

Silly_Doll

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:31 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Silly_Doll
Amon the Halfbreed

well, kit's estimated that a good third or so of european men have a genghis khan chormosone in their blood, so he and his sons helped father a good proportion of the world

Yeah but... any guy could have gone around forcing their DNA on women. >.> I mean, Casanova could have been a legend and hero in that respect.

Now that I think of it, he kind of is >.> But I don't think my teacher would appreciate me writing about him

sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:10 am
Silly_Doll
Amon the Halfbreed
Silly_Doll

Well if the question of hero is about how someone helped humanity then some sort of scientist that invented cure for a disease or something of that sort would be a hero... but if your talking about a hero for military it would be a great general like Khan, Julius, Alexander, or General Patton the list goes on... or if your talking about a great warrior that could cover many people hell the guy who invented the A-bomb could be a hero. And it all depends on where one wishes to take the question.

The point of what makes a hero can be argued in itself seeing as how different people have different views on a hero.  

The Toolness

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:57 am
Silly_Doll
Amon the Halfbreed
Silly_Doll

Dont know its hes ******** awsome he practilaly brought the earstern world to its knees  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:49 am
I don't really have a hero. There are some historical figures I like, but I wouldn't call them my heroes, even if hey are considered one in any way.  

Angel Bruja

Silly_Doll

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:20 am
ketchakik

my hero is anyone who willingly and knowingly enters a military to fight for what is right in a time of war....

What about people who unwillingly enter? Don't you think that the men who were drafted into their military deserve the same, if not more credit?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:16 am
Isel
If Alexander the Great was a hero, then Napoleon Bonaparte was too.

I definantly agree with you... exclaim  

Devils_lilboy

Neon~Starshine

Questionable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:45 am
Gandhi would pwn them all

Wait...

What were we talking about?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:48 am
Silly_Doll

If you are going to metion Karl Marx then why not Engels, who wrote significant amounts with and for him, or Lenin, or Trotsky, or Liebknecht or Luxembourg or any other famous/infamous Marxist? Personality cults within communism should be avoided at ALL costs.  

TheOriginalNonEmo

6,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Silly_Doll

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:39 pm
TheOriginalNonEmo

If you are going to metion Karl Marx then why not Engels, who wrote significant amounts with and for him, or Lenin, or Trotsky, or Liebknecht or Luxembourg or any other famous/infamous Marxist? Personality cults within communism should be avoided at ALL costs.

What exactly do you mean by "cults within communism?"

Oh, and I wouldn't write about them because while (in theory) they were Marxist... Karl Marx is pretty much the FATHER of communism. He came up with the idea, he put his words to writing, he started a movement. They all just... followed his teachings and tweaked his ideals a wee bit to fit their ideals.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:46 pm
my hero is anyone who stands up for their desires you could even be my hero  

Aubrey of the sliver line

Silly_Doll

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:28 am
sasuke uchiha1st and only
my hero is anyone who stands up for their desires you could even be my hero

What if what they believe in isn't well... good. Like if they believe they are superior to another groupe of people and desire to kill them all.

Sorry for playing the devil's advocate, but that's just what I do ^^;;  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces