Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
You know you're addicted to crafting when....... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you addicted?
  Duh!
  Well maybe.....
  Not me, I can quit whenever I like.
View Results

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:12 pm
You see a scarf, and can tell a-what sort of yarn they used, b- how it was made and c- what knitting/crochet book the pattern was from.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:35 am
When you get seperated from your husband in the store and he automatically goes to the craft section to look for you.

when your husband goes into Michael's with you because he is afraid you'll spend the grocery money if left on your own. (I get to go to Michael's about once a year anymore crying )  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:26 am
xd Thankfully, the designer in me doesnt much care for Michaels. Its Hobby Lobby that gets me in trouble.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:43 pm
Your sisters moan every time you go to WalMart, even though you swore you'd only take a couple minutes.

Your mom's boyfriend offers to pay you to make his mom doilies.

You carry around two purses: one for your school crap, one for your crafts.

You take your knitting to class just in case there's a movie, so you won't fidget.

You freak out if you are banned from crafting (not a good punishment, it's worse than being grounded).

You no longer need ritalin, knitting works just fine for your ADHD.  

ladyleprechaun13

gemini6184

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:59 pm
You stay up til 2am because your roommate suggested an awesome craft idea at midnight that you just HAD to get on paper, and you have trouble sleeping that night, and then when you wake up that morning the first thing you do is start said project.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:27 pm
~
-- you drop out of college because your chosen profession has too many computers and not enough hands on fiddly stuff.
-- you work at a craft store and get comments to the effect that even they are suprised at the quantity of crafts projects you have (and ultimately supplies that you are buying)
-- your partner says "wow that looks professional... no really... I mean of course it should I never had any doubt... don't bite me crying "
-- your crafts have taken over several rooms and a couple levels of the house

~

Tes

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:59 am
Silver Mist
xd Thankfully, the designer in me doesnt much care for Michaels. Its Hobby Lobby that gets me in trouble.

We don't have a Hobby Lobby nearby, I'd never even heard of it until I started reading Craftster. Michael's has enough to keep me planning projects and my husband fearing for the bank account though. He refuses to take me to Craft Warehouse because I once told him that the stuff there looks more upscale than at Michael's rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:29 am
When you know the difference between good seams and bad seams on a sweater, AND buy Goodwill sweaters just for the yarn....and then spend the next five weeks unravelling all your finds to make an really awesome blanket/sweater/whatever you fancy.

When you buy a $5.00 chenille scarf at a dollar store, unravel it, and then re-use the yarn for a headband, hat, or scarf in a different pattern from the original scarf. (SO tempted to do this...i need another dollar and some odd change though! crying )  

SaelensFrozenFlame

Crimson_Rose86

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:05 pm
Silvander
When your kitchen table is unreachable under piles of fabric/sewing machine/notions, to the point that even the CAT doesn't venture up there. (And all crafters with cats know that cats are instinctually drawn to lay on anything that could be craft related) xd stressed

I had a cat that would lie on any craft I was currently in the middle of. -_- Cutting fabric with him around was impossible.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:56 pm
Kanae Shin
When you know the difference between good seams and bad seams on a sweater, AND buy Goodwill sweaters just for the yarn....and then spend the next five weeks unravelling all your finds to make an really awesome blanket/sweater/whatever you fancy.

When you buy a $5.00 chenille scarf at a dollar store, unravel it, and then re-use the yarn for a headband, hat, or scarf in a different pattern from the original scarf. (SO tempted to do this...i need another dollar and some odd change though! crying )

Cool! Another sweater recycler around here. I'm eagerly awaiting the sweater sale at Goodwill so I can justify buying more to my husband. "It was half off dear, and the perfect color, I just had to get it....." I almost bought a Goodwill scarf just for the yarn the last time I was in, but when I looked at it closely I noticed that it had already begun felting. sad

I need to post pics of the shawl I made from a recycled sweater sometime....  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Lexi Marie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:58 pm
-you have to do a craft project for a grade in costume construction and your teacher has already said that anything you start before the rest of the class gets the project does not count.
-you spend more money at Michael's than you do on food during any given week. And then you begin wondering if there is any way to convert money on your food card to Michael's money.
-a bad day consists of finishing whatever scarf you were working on and then realizing that there is no more yarn in your dorm. And after that you proceed next door to se if your roommate will take you to Michael's even if it is only 9 in the morning and you have class at 10:30. xd ...And then she takes you and you make it to class with seconds to spare.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:17 pm
When you have the layout, address, phone numbers and names of employees at every craft store within 50 miles of your house memorized(almost there, just got a few new employees and the some addresses to go!)

When you spend more storage space on yarn then clothes.

When your friends look at you funny when you DON'T have a project with you.

When you're whole bed is covered in projects so that you have to sleep on the floor or the couch(I've done this a bunch of times).

When you're family asks you what you want for christmas/birthday/holiday and you immediately start listing yarns/fabrics/notions.

When you get hit on by 40 year olds because you look older when you're knitting(I'm 18, this happened last week sweatdrop )

When you're list of projects to finish becomes more important than passing your college courses.  

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:51 pm
storyfromthestars

When you spend more storage space on yarn then clothes.

This reminds me of the Yarn Harlot book where she has chapters discussing her stash addiction smile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:28 pm
storyfromthestars

When you're list of projects to finish becomes more important than passing your college courses.

VERY common problem for me. I get tired of the 40 pages of drawings due every week and the hours of computer renderings and start sewing instead. xd The good news? My next project is a childrens toy that has to eb able to move. Hence- clothe use is ENCOURAGED!!

You know your addicted when- the professors announce the next project might include some sewing to get a good model and the whole class (all 60 design students) look at you. ><  

Silver Mist

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:45 pm
Silver Mist
storyfromthestars

VERY common problem for me. I get tired of the 40 pages of drawings due every week and the hours of computer renderings and start sewing instead. xd The good news? My next project is a childrens toy that has to eb able to move. Hence- clothe use is ENCOURAGED!!

You know your addicted when- the professors announce the next project might include some sewing to get a good model and the whole class (all 60 design students) look at you. ><

I know the feeling. I've got 100 pages of reading to outline, and I'm currently working on a pair of socks to match my new beanie. xd  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff