Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
The worse possible "txt-tlk" phrase? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NaoyNaakkmeheo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:10 pm
lol, u, ur, i... I hate all of those.

I think "teh" and "meh" aren't that bad, as long as they're not overused.

Oh, and mixing up "there" with "their" and things like that. Or a misuse of possessives...*shudder*  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:37 am
I agree. Has anyone noticed that the title of this forum is grammatically incorrect? It should be "worst" instead of "worse". ^_^

Sorry if someone already pointed that out, but I find it kindof funny. razz  

Pandora Nightflower

Trinity Fields

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:55 am
"STFU" is probably the worst one I've heard so far.

"STFU" translated-"Shut The F*** Up"  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:34 pm
I think "t3h/teh" is the worst. If you're going to put all the letters there, you might as well put them in order.  

kiiyytandco

5,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Full closet 200

HarlequinGoddess

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:55 pm
I get annoyed with all of it, but lol, rofloma is the worst I've heard by far recently since it is too over done with a lot of people. I saw some one write it on a paper for class, which is what threw it over the top for me.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:12 pm
"wutev"

Translation: Whatever.

I can't STAND when people use that. OH - also, I can't stand "idc" (I don't care), "idk"(I don't know) and people who take two letters off of words instead of simply spelling the entire word. Makes me want to wring their scrawny little necks. scream  

Exodorius

[ToXiC][ToOtHpAsTe]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:17 pm
Pweeze don't badmouth 'WTF'? I use that.No,I'm not a 'wannabe gansta' I'ma geek.And Proud,FOO`.
((I translated into my own language and WTF became "WHAT THE FOOD?!"

I think the worst words are;
bf (or) gf --Can't people spell anymore these days...
plz --There is no 'z' in please D:
wat --I sthound wike Tweety. :/
y --Because we all know 'y' isn't a word. biggrin
o --Because we aren't singing hyms or speaking Japanese.(I can for the most part.)
jw --Because you don't 'just wonder',there's a reason for everything.

Those are words I hate.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:59 pm
i H@t3 wn PPL Tlk LiK3 DiS && cuz DaT ShYt I$ S000 @nn0yiing!!11!!!!1!!
LAWLZ!11!!!eleven!!11!!!!1

I don't understand how people could sit and hit "shift" for every other letter AND automaticaly type "3" as "E" and "@" as "A" etc...

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY BE GOING THROUGH YOUR HEAD WHEN YOU TYPE THAT WAY?!?

"PPL" annoys me very much. So does "lol" because no one is actually laughing out loud when they type it.  

Sammie of Spades

Shredderhs

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:59 am
Well, I suppose it is 'tlk' instead of 'talk'. It is highly annoying as it constantly reminds me of talc' (An abreviation of Talcum Powder) for some odd reason. I don't know about you guys, but I for one don't wish to be reminded of a product used on babies to prevent nappy rash when I am descussing the art of speech.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:57 am
I hate ''w/'' ''j/k'' and ''u''. They are by far the worst. Other than 1337, but I dont even understand that, so I can pretend that it doesn't exist quite easily.  

Frankendoll.

Shigures Editor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:03 am
Contrary_Willow
I really can't stand STFU, WTF, OMFG, OMG, and stuff that real people use in real life. I hate this! Everyone in my class uses these phraises, trying to sound cool. News flash! IT ISN'T COOL! SAY THE REAL THINGS YOU WANNABE GANGSTERS!!

User Image Would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile?

Oh, same here! It's so irritating, I have a bunch of those people (girls, actually) in my Math class who do that.. stressed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:05 am
User Image Would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile?

Some phrases that tick me off:

'wat'
'u'
'luv'
'g2g'
'jk'

Shigures Editor

NuclearBatman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:32 pm
1 4// 73|-| 5up3|2 ub3|2 1337 7yp3|2. 7|-|15 700|{ //3 //|23
71//3 7|-|@// 17'5 //0|27|-|. 7|-|15 15 //|-|47 1 |-|@73 70 533 u53|) 1// 4 f0|2u// c4u53 17 74|{35 //3 f0|23v3|2 70 |234|)!!!!!!111112222three!

*Translation* I am the super uber leet typer. This took me more time than it's worth. This is what I hate to see used in a forum 'cause it takes me forever to read.

Truly, I learnt it because of a "english to leet" translator on a different website. Now when people type like that I can read it and say how what they said made no sense or some sort of thing. Truly that took me near 5 minutes to type, but like a minute to read and re-type. I don't know why someone would type like that seeings as it takes longer and looks foolish.

*Note* Anyone trying to read the leet part, I can't reverse my backslashes to this (the key under backspace with shift held down) . That kind of slash is non existant in this forum, and I don't know why.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:50 pm
Yokushi
People who use Meh and Teh are just trying to be cute. I find all text talk and that other weird one with the numbers and overly complex sentences annoying.
But, if I have to chose one... IMAO!!!!!!!!!! Die Die Die!!!!! I hate that one!!!!
stare Sorry, I seem to have lost it for a bit there...

I say 'meh', but not to replace 'my'. I use it like "Oh! I spilled something on my shirt.... meh", because I actually say 'meh' in my speech... biggrin  

Zura Lasgeon

Violet the mystical

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:52 pm
I don't mind text talk, unless I can't understand it.
Then I would ask the person to type it out again.

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff